• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Heel

You hit like a wrassler, brah.

Not at all.

ie4CNIlEJjHQm.gif

I would kick her out of the bed for that....seriously. I don't want Hulk staring at me.

He's there to taunt you. Whatcha gonna do brother when the largest ass in the world runs wild on you? On the plus side you can act like you are Ultimate Warrior and fulfill your dream of fucking Hulk while pretending her ass is ring ropes and shaking them like Warrior does while doing her doggy style.

He's there to taunt you. Whatcha gonna do brother when the largest ass in the world runs wild on you? On the plus side you can act like you are Ultimate Warrior and fulfill your dream of fucking Hulk while pretending her ass is ring ropes and shaking them like Warrior does while doing her doggy style.

I was thinking of checking in for Extreme Rules... I should have been checking out...

PPV will be good just on crowd alone. The card looks pretty good but there are alot of things they can do to sour it with bad booking and segments. Bryan vs Shaemus will probably open again.

The 5 million dollar man vs The Prototype. Brock needs to dominate, but will they let someone do that to John Cena or will they pussy out and have Tensai and Otunga run out and cause Cena to lose by interference?

dream

Usually, on a PPV main event, the idea is for the competitors to go out there and have the best match possible, and then run a finish that would be the best thing for the direction of future business. In this case, only half of that applies. The finish’s goal of course should be the best thing for future business. But Lesnar vs. Cena should not have the goal of stealing the show and having the best match. That should be the goal for Chris Jericho vs. C.M. Punk, Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan, and anyone else who is given time. In fact, having a great match, while maybe the best thing for “the show,” could be the worst thing for the future due to the huge investment in Lesnar. The key is to tell a story where Cena is somehow protected emotionally in a sense there is a story he can come back from, while getting Lesnar over as strong as possible. Exchanging near falls and kick outs for big pops may thrill the fans, but the minute Lesnar becomes just another top guy on the WWE roster is the minute he’s no longer worth the kind of money he’s getting. Cena needs to have hope, and given enough to where fans have a glimmer that Cena was not out of his league and could beat Lesnar some day, but that’s it, because someday Cena should beat Lesnar, but not for a long time. Otherwise, the goal is to make Lesnar as strong as possible. Beating Cena down for ten minutes and slipping on a banana peel and Cena winning would not be the answer. The thing is, WWE hates to do the obvious, which is Lesnar winning decisively, because it’s too predictable. But in a case like this, obvious is best. They also like having main events that go 15 minutes plus, but this is another thing that should be different. The longer the match goes, while it may make for a better match, the riskier it becomes to tell the needed story to make the most of the investment.

People also have to be cognizant of the fact that while the Brock Lesnar of 2003 and early 2004 was on the road to being one of the best men of his size in the history of the business, this is not, as in his words on the interview, some naive farm boy from South Dakota like was here the first time. He’s almost 35, has had injuries and health problems and doesn’t want to live a pro wrestler lifestyle. He’s not a young buck out there trying to earn his wings from fans and co-workers to show he can do a shooting star press while weighing 304 pounds (as he did during a dark match at a WWF taping one day). It’s not a guy tearing up his body and drinking his way through the pain so that two years of his life, the two years people ask so much about, are a complete blur that he barely remembers. This is an athlete trying to make the most money in the least amount of time possible, and save enough of himself to where he’s not going to be hurting so bad at 50 that he can’t lead the life he would like to.

If you were Brock Lesnar, you came into the building and they said you were going to job, would you hold them up for more money and do the job or refuse to do the job?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
this thread is beautiful. heel, i know you may be an mma regular, but you need to stick around wrasslegaf more often.

My Predictions:

John Cena vs Brock Lesnar
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton vs Kane
Big Show vs Cody Rhodes
Nikki Bella vs Beth Phoenix
Santino Marella vs The Miz

this is all so obvious, that i'm sure they'll swerve us in at least TWO matches, but which two?

you could put DB over Sheamus tonight, then have Sheamus rematch him on Smackdown or Raw and win in 18 seconds again because he gets distracted by AJ kissing Kofi, leading him to go after Kofi as his next fued.

not sure what else they'll do, but the crowd and the promise of actually getting Bryan vs Sheamus for reels this time, and yeah, i want to see Brock, has me optimistic that i'll get my money's worth.

oh, hi Heel. hope you aren't mad about my appearance in the MMA thread last night. i did enjoy that free card and i still feel that anyone who decided not to watch missed out on some great fights.

What am I looking at.
my guess is that you are looking at her chesticles. did i win?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Usually, on a PPV main event, the idea is for the competitors to go out there and have the best match possible, and then run a finish that would be the best thing for the direction of future business. In this case, only half of that applies. The finish’s goal of course should be the best thing for future business. But Lesnar vs. Cena should not have the goal of stealing the show and having the best match. That should be the goal for Chris Jericho vs. C.M. Punk, Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan, and anyone else who is given time. In fact, having a great match, while maybe the best thing for “the show,” could be the worst thing for the future due to the huge investment in Lesnar. The key is to tell a story where Cena is somehow protected emotionally in a sense there is a story he can come back from, while getting Lesnar over as strong as possible. Exchanging near falls and kick outs for big pops may thrill the fans, but the minute Lesnar becomes just another top guy on the WWE roster is the minute he’s no longer worth the kind of money he’s getting. Cena needs to have hope, and given enough to where fans have a glimmer that Cena was not out of his league and could beat Lesnar some day, but that’s it, because someday Cena should beat Lesnar, but not for a long time. Otherwise, the goal is to make Lesnar as strong as possible. Beating Cena down for ten minutes and slipping on a banana peel and Cena winning would not be the answer. The thing is, WWE hates to do the obvious, which is Lesnar winning decisively, because it’s too predictable. But in a case like this, obvious is best. They also like having main events that go 15 minutes plus, but this is another thing that should be different. The longer the match goes, while it may make for a better match, the riskier it becomes to tell the needed story to make the most of the investment.

People also have to be cognizant of the fact that while the Brock Lesnar of 2003 and early 2004 was on the road to being one of the best men of his size in the history of the business, this is not, as in his words on the interview, some naive farm boy from South Dakota like was here the first time. He’s almost 35, has had injuries and health problems and doesn’t want to live a pro wrestler lifestyle. He’s not a young buck out there trying to earn his wings from fans and co-workers to show he can do a shooting star press while weighing 304 pounds (as he did during a dark match at a WWF taping one day). It’s not a guy tearing up his body and drinking his way through the pain so that two years of his life, the two years people ask so much about, are a complete blur that he barely remembers. This is an athlete trying to make the most money in the least amount of time possible, and save enough of himself to where he’s not going to be hurting so bad at 50 that he can’t lead the life he would like to.
I read every single word.

And it was good.

What am I looking at.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e_yS7ujZkmw#t=7s

i really hope Brock accidentally KOs Cena. it would be EPIC and so good for business. hell, do it on purpose. pay Cena whatever he demands to get legit KOd.

that's the exciting thing about this main event for me. at any minute, Brock might flip out and start throwing real shit.

he won't, but the possibility is there in my head.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I just found out I can gamble on WWE on Paddy Power.
http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/wwe

I wish I paid as much attention as I used to, so I could make money on sure things

zWWzJ.jpg

I think I should bet on Bryan. €10 could return nearly €30.

YES! YES! YES!

Who are locks for tonight? Help me GAF!!!

PS: Wrestling is real if I can gamble in it!
Your best bet is to put on an accumulator for the entire card.

I was going to bet on WM, but chickened out in the end.

Top Bottom