• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

DMczaf

vmiQB.St.56.jpg

So really the only thing UT and HHH being a HitC match achieved on the night was made it slightly more annoying to see what was going on for people?

Edit: Oh wait, Undertaker threw the sledgehammer away and didn't murder anyone in the crowd - lucky they were in a cage!

XxCGSxX

I'm so mad about the Daniel Bryan match, even if he lost the title both of those guys deserved to put on a show for us. Daniel Bryan deserved to have that WM moment, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to have a Funkasaurus segment longer than a WM opener. Fuck you Vince and whoever thought it would be a good idea.

ZeroRay

Had fun live but fucking pissed at the D.Brine match.

Holy shit, he was so over before the event started and Vince trolled us all by deflating it.

dabig2

Goodness, this wrestlemania for the most part reminded me why I haven't paid attention to wrasslin in nearly a decade now. How are they going to screw a guy that was so over like Daniel Bryan. Was it "karma" for him beating over Santino, a guy who was even more over than he was?

Rock/Cena was boring as hell. I don't really know who to blame for that, but I'll scapegoat Cena as I'm a Rock mark. At least Rock looked more in-shape than HHH...

And the HiaC...meh. Should've been better. I'm just happy HHH's self-serving, salty ass didn't write himself in to break taker's streak.

antonz

Whats really offensive about the whole WHC thing is the fact both guys last year got shit on and kicked off the card for time concerns. There was a lot of talk about making it up to them next year hence why Bryan had his big run etc.

Then we basically hear Vince had this idea of beating out Chavo pathetic match time for some time. Both guys work hard get shafted last year then get shit on again the next Wrestlemania.

G-Fex

Dream is a joke, he's so pathetic I can't help but laugh from my throne.

The only sad thing is that he doesn't stay in the MMA thread.

Jamie OD

Thumbs in the middle show from me. Oh well, at least I have Kota Ibushi Vs El Generico to look forward to next month.

NoRéN

The Funkasaurus segment was real awkward. Reeked of "Look at these mammys dance. DEY SHO CAN MOOVE, HUH WRESTLEMAIA CROWD. CALL MAH MAMA, A-HYUCK."

Was not a fan.

Sums it up.

All it needed was The Rock to take out his guitar and prepare for a sing along.

i'll just post this over here:

haven't watched it.

saw the sheamfull win.gif

thank you vince, i feel like if you just told me my gf is pregnant and we've never had sex :(

and yes, i really think this was shit. not the shit. shit. just pure shit.

i just had time to watch the trips match on a local bar, and fuck it. it looked fucking shitty. shitty as fuck. didn't even enjoyed that taker won.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
i'll just post this over here:

haven't watched it.

saw the sheamfull win.gif

thank you vince, i feel like if you just told me my gf is pregnant and we've never had sex :(

and yes, i really think this was shit. not the shit. shit. just pure shit.

i just had time to watch the trips match on a local bar, and fuck it. it looked fucking shitty. shitty as fuck. didn't even enjoyed that taker won.
Rock v. Cena was awful too.

El-Suave

What where they thinking with the opening match? That disgrace killed the crowd and put me in a sour mood for the rest of the show. I expected Sheamus to win, but this?

Either Sheamus getting screwed in a rematch will be Johnny's first splash on Smackdown. or Bryan and Rhodes need to become tag team champions, because I need my "Yes, Yes, Yes...."

I also like Brodus Clay, but his segment was embarrassing to watch. Also a great way to overshadow his hot sidekicks. I'm all for having him on the show but they could have had him in a segment with Flo-Rida (or whatever he's called) instead of Heath Slater.
The set was rather weak, I would have preferred real entrances for the tag match, and the Undertaker match didn't need the Cell or Shawn.

Other than that it kept me awake till 5 am and I was entertained - it was alright except for those flaws.

I think the reason that The Undertaker vs Triple H was in the Cell was because to many people, including myself, the match will forever be linked to those two. Didn't JR say that the two have been in a combined 19 Hell in a Cell matches? It's pretty fitting for the match to be in the Cell, especially if it is their final match.

I think the reason that The Undertaker vs Triple H was in the Cell was because to many people, including myself, the match will forever be linked to those two. Didn't JR say that the two have been in a combined 19 Hell in a Cell matches? It's pretty fitting for the match to be in the Cell, especially if it is their final match.

I still think Foley should've been the special ref since he has so much history with Taker and HHH. Shawn didn't end up doing anything particularly important in the match that Foley couldn't have done.

I still think Foley should've been the special ref since he has so much history with Taker and HHH. Shawn didn't end up doing anything particularly important in the match that Foley couldn't have done.

when i saw that fucking super kick i knew this match was turning to shit. awful stinky shit.

That might work, but I don't think Foley would've added anything more than Michaels did. Plus, Foley has become a joke character now.

Did you not see Shawn's facial expressions? Did you not see Shawn marking out and overselling his own 2 count? Did you not see Shawn getting put in submissions, thrown out of the ring, and delivering his finisher? Did you not see Shawn repeatedly drop to the mat to count?

Foley on the other hand was fit to be used to break crab legs with some random dude and Santino's hand puppet snake. I'd say everyone was in their right spots.

That might work, but I don't think Foley would've added anything more than Michaels did. Plus, Foley has become a joke character now.

He might be a joke character, but he can still do a strong promo. He could've also reminded people about the bloody history that he's shared with Undertaker and HHH in, coincidentally, Hell in a Cell matches!

Did people really not enjoy Taker/HHH? I mean I wasn't hyped for it at all but it definitely stole the show for me.

Watching live, my immediate feelings were that they were overdoing the "FINISH IT OR I WILL" drama. It happened much too early in the match, and went for too long. It was like watching those old DBZ fights where guys just held power beams at each other while yelling for 5 episodes. HBK/Flair retirement match did drama well, this one felt like too much.

And Punk/Jericho's end sequence was easily the best part of the show IMO. Punk moving higher on the Anaconda Vice so Jericho's knees couldn't reach him was brilliant.

He might be a joke character, but he can still do a strong promo. He could've also reminded people about the bloody history that he's shared with Undertaker and HHH in, coincidentally, Hell in a Cell matches!
Well they did use a bunch of spots he was in during the hype promo. Him being thrown off the cage by Taker, him being chokeslamed through the cage by Taker, him being backbody dropped through the cage by Triple H, etc.

He probably should've cut at least one promo during the buildup though.

Valravn

Hmm, i wonder if D.Brine is actually injured or did WWE really think it was a good idea to book the match this way?

Rhetorical question folks...

Fuck this shit. Was excited to see Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus only to see the shit they pulled? That pissed me off the rest of the ppv, especially when I see pure fucking shit start to come on afterwards with a fucking Deadly Catch commercial, fucking Heath Slater and Flo Rida, 3 musical performances, and a fucking Funkasaurus skit which was the worst thing I've seen in a long time for the 3 seconds before I hit fast forward. Luckily this show went to about 1 1/2 hrs with fast forward. Only good thing out of this ppv is Rock won clean, which guarantees a rematch for Cena to get his win back at Summerslam or Wrestlemania depending on who they stick Brock with.

Kccitystar

I personally don't want to see a rematch between Cena/Rock. Rock went over so WWE can actually DO SOMETHING with Cena's character

I personally don't want to see a rematch between Cena/Rock. Rock went over so WWE can actually DO SOMETHING with Cena's character

Rock went over because Cena embraced the hate for a few seconds by attempting to mock Rock by doing the people's elbow. This will teach Cena never to give into those feelings, risa above, and always do the right thing. Cena wins clean in the rematch. Also again fuck WWE for the Daniel Bryan thing. Again another guy gets the world title, gets over, and WWE has to make sure people understand this guy doesn't belong and make him job for months after.

My GF was watching the WM replay with me tonight, it was like her first 'proper' paying attention to it wrestling and shes like "Wow it is quite easy to get caught up in the excitement and everything of it all isn't it?" during the last few matches and all their near falls.

In part because the crowd was so into it too, all the cheers and boos and chanting, makes things exciting everything is zomg the biggest ever etc lol.

Told her to watch MitB if she wants to see more awesome crowd reactions.

Floex

Why would Mick Foley be a better replacement? Of course Shawn should have been there. What, they have been doing this storyline for like 4 years now? What logically conclusion would have Foley there? He hasn't had any interaction with HHH and Undertaker for years now from my understanding. Part of reason people were excited to see this match because of the inclusion of Shawn. Would Shawn screw over the Undertaker from the beatings he took before, would Shawn screw HHH as he didn't want him getting the win. That Superkick to pedigree, amazing spot

Mick Foley should not have been there. If anything after that match, if Taker is still wrestling next year, he should have started to walk back up the ramp, Brock's music hits, they stare each other down, Wrestlemanina 29 appears on the titiantron, finish.

UberTag

And Punk/Jericho's end sequence was easily the best part of the show IMO. Punk moving higher on the Anaconda Vice so Jericho's knees couldn't reach him was brilliant.
That part was sweet. So was the initial transition into the liontamer off the middle turnbuckle that kicked off that whole sequence.

The transitions between submissions in the ring in between those two spots were a little weak and sloppy but my perception was skewed from seeing it done more fluidly in Ring of Honor the previous day. It was still the best sequence of a match that had largely underwhelmed up to that point.

Top Bottom