• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[April's Fool ?] Blood Dragon 3 : Vietnam War 2

Ramenman

I think it has more runway if it actually plays more like an 80's action movie than like Far Cry 3.

Now, 80's action movies were actually relatively reserved, but still a bit different than Far Cry 3.

This is so very true. It had the feeling very well captured in everything, but the gameplay was actually very different from what I expected.

I loved Far Cry 3 and did a lot of shit in the open world, but in Blood Dragon I was expecting something more gratuitously explosive and "braindead", when actually it was Far Cry 3 with an oppressive atmosphere due to thick night fog at 2 meters and freaking dragons roaming everywhere that had you switching to crouch-walk and shit your pants whenever you went out for a stroll...

Weird.

I hope this one is a full-on game. Doesn't have to be longer or anything, but at least have his own 3cs and gameplay mechanics.

EYEL1NER

I desperately want more Blood Dragon, but it better have a better name than that. Hope it is real though.
It would be nice for this to get a physical release or for the two of them to get a compilation disc. I want a retail Blood Dragon box sitting in my collection.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Dean Evans, if you're reading this and this isn't real I will fuckin cut you.

I want to believe so badly :( At least one thing in its favour is that it did extremely well (I believe CoJ Gunslinger did very well too) for Ubisoft to comment on how they were going to do more of these smaller type games.

A-V-B

Why not real? It's a good idea, and Blood Dragon (IIRC) sold pretty well. Looked like everyone on the project had a damn fun time making it.

raviolico

so...if ist not a joke - do i get this right and they actually teasing me a Robocop/Aliens/StarshipTroppers/RamboNam mix....?

from a licensing/copyright standpoint:
is this even possible...at least in nerdy video game budget context ?

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I'd buy it full price day one. MAKE IT. MAKE IT MAKE IT MAKE IT!

Ramenman

This is obviously a joke. I can't believe how many are falling for this.

It would be the worst april's fool ever then, because the original blood dragon was announced on an April 1st.

They can't just make a joke about a new Blood Dragon on April 1st.

Plus Dean Evans is known to have been working on a project of his own with a dedicated team, so everything points to this being real.

A-V-B

It would be the worst april's fool ever then, because the original blood dragon was announced on an April 1st.

They can't just make a joke about a new Blood Dragon on April 1st.

Plus Dean Evans is known to have been working on a project of his own with a dedicated team, so everything points to this being real.

Yeah. The whole thing makes sense. It's not like some kind of ridiculous dream or anything.

Would I be disappointed if it was a real april fools joke? Maybe a little, but not much. I'm just kinda excited to see more 80s movie/cartoon love. If there isn't an interest... well, so be it. But a sequel like this is a good idea.

Alienous

The way they handled it reeks of an April Fools joke they knew would end in disappointment, so it is actively downplayed.

Albo

Loved BD, this sounds awesome. I knew it was coming but it's nice to find out what is it. Would be cool to have something other than a tropical/jungle setting but I'm sure they'll change it enough with that blood dragon twist (mechs, aliens, big explosives). All I ask for is cyber monkeys, chimps and or gorillas (maybe some a predator type alien creature that utilities jungle environment well)

Gives me hope this and
FEZ 2
are happening siince both creators announcing on april fools day announcement seems fitting. A full reveal probably planned soon anyway. Thing about blood dragon is it leaked before it april 1st reveal whereas this hasn't, but it has been heavily hinted at for some time.

Please let this be real, I loved the shit out of Blood Dragon and In my opinion a much better game than FC3. 100% on PS3 and would buy this day 1.

It is hard to say this is real. Like for example, Half Minute Hero 2 releasing on the 4th does not sound that crazy. The original was also announced during April 1st. It seems like it may be a case of "we will make this real depending on the reaction" type deal that Blood Dragon had before it.

tensuke

Ummm YES PLEASE! BD was announced on April 1st, so this could possibly be real. Love the style and more Power Glove would be super rad.

Fingers are FIRMLY crossed that this is a real thing!

Only thing that makes me doubt it at all is the work it would take to get Aliens, Robocop, and Starship Troopers stuff in one game. On one hand that sounds like a licensing nightmare, but on the other hand those aren't exactly the hottest videogame licenses.

Who knows, maybe they fall under parody laws or something, haha.

Fingers are FIRMLY crossed that this is a real thing!

Only thing that makes me doubt it at all is the work it would take to get Aliens, Robocop, and Starship Troopers stuff in one game. On one hand that sounds like a licensing nightmare, but on the other hand those aren't exactly the hottest videogame licenses.

Who knows, maybe they fall under parody laws or something, haha.

There's an ed209 in the drawing, but the actual Blood dragon 3 picture in the monitor has something that's definitely not an Ed 209, but could be the game's parody of one.

Malreyn

Couldn't they actually use these "iconic" monsters under Parody law? It's like Robot Chicken gets away with it all the time...

Blood Dragon had a lot of promise, but fell way short of Far Cry 3 proper. Far Cry 3 was absolutely gorgeous, which made Blood Dragon look dull in comparison. Black ground, dark purple sky for the entire game.

Also, the fully upgraded machine gun was such a letdown. The rate of fire was severely reduced, but I guess since it was supposed to be a laser, we were supposed to let that slide. But I didn't let that slide. No sir.

bryehn

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were just doing this to see what kind of reaction we had before moving forward. I still listen to the Blood Dragon soundtrack on a weekly basis and was raised on 80s action/sci-fi. I would love to see this game happen.

Top Bottom