• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) Discussion Thread [JP date = 4th June]

Quixzlizx

Aeana said:
Nobody linked the US box art yet?

2uy2iyg.jpg

Wait, this isn't a joke post?

Volcynika said:
For those not in the know, those three attacking the main characters are from Luminous Arc, another series from Image Epoch...and that looked an awful lot like a coliseum so it's possibly another Tales team thing :D You know, fighting cameos :p

kenji

official site updated with more images showing those chibi monsters from LA (subsystem), new gameplay videos with those 2 lolis and the LA character and other stuffs:D

Ricker

Looks like the game is finally coming out on the 20th in N.A,not the 27th...I got the call from Gamestop that the game was in and available Thuesday morning....this might be the last JRPG turn based game in quite a while on consoles and i`m looking forward to it,bad voices and all.

Anyone going to do an Official thread or will we just go with an impression thread,since i`m guessing it won`t be that popular here?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Aaaahhh. Good then. I look forward to having this by the time I get back home from my vacation. Similarly, I look forward to an OP that cebrqtes what is likely to be a spectacularly bad localization and dub job by Ignition.

Ricker said:
Looks like the game is finally coming out on the 20th in N.A,not the 27th...I got the call from Gamestop that the game was in and available Thuesday morning....this might be the last JRPG turn based game in quite a while on consoles and i`m looking forward to it,bad voices and all.

Anyone going to do an Official thread or will we just go with an impression thread,since i`m guessing it won`t be that popular here?

Yeah I'm looking forward to this a lot too, despite the negativity surrounding it. Can't see it being popular either here or in terms of US sales, but I've wanted this since it came out in Japan and held off importing from there hoping it would get a US release. It did, so I'm buying :)

Hobbun

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Yeah I'm looking forward to this a lot too, despite the negativity surrounding it. Can't see it being popular either here or in terms of US sales, but I've wanted this since it came out in Japan and held off importing from there hoping it would get a US release. It did, so I'm buying :)

Add me to the list, a turn-based RPG for the home console, I am looking forward to it as well.

I know the localization efforts are not supposed to be that good (wasn’t too happy Ignition taking over), but I am not as critical on VO’s as most are.

Ikkarus

Ricker said:
Are the Wii games region locked usually?
Sadly yes.

I will keep my hopes up for a European release but I'm not getting my hopes up. I was hoping we would of got Nostalgia for the DS but alas it's not happened. I will have to import it. *hugs region free DS Lite*

Ricker said:

I'll do a thread if no one else does but it'll probably suck so I'll wait.

Gestahl

Wait, wasn't there a huge shitstorm about Ignition butchering the localization of the game or something a while back? Did I miss some news or is the murderization still going on as planned?

Ricker

cosmicblizzard said:
I'll do a thread if no one else does but it'll probably suck so I'll wait.

Well no one stepped forward yet per say and it`s coming out tomorrow...it doesn`t have to be a huge OT thread,just some basic info, so we can start talking/posting about the game in the new post fresh,instead of using this one...

farnham

Banned
Gestahl said:
Wait, wasn't there a huge shitstorm about Ignition butchering the localization of the game or something a while back? Did I miss some news?
the dub is shit and the text localization isnt better

so yeah..

at least we get to play the game

i really hoped for a japanese dub option. even fragile dreams has that option (the english dub of that game is really good though)

Proven

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Yeah it's terrible but they can be turned off. Obviously if you're a dub fan you are paying to hear a good one, but it's not like you can't play the game without them.

Anyway, VG+ just shipped my copy :D Hope to have it early next week.

Thanks for this information.

farnham said:
even fragile dreams has that option (the english dub of that game is really good though)

And thanks for this information. Fragile's been on my list and I'll probably have time later this summer.

Ri'Orius

So aside from the voice acting and localization, how's the game? Is the gameplay solid? Storyline reasonable? Fun battle system?

Ricker

Ri'Orius said:
So aside from the voice acting and localization, how's the game? Is the gameplay solid? Storyline reasonable? Fun battle system?

I`ll post some impressions in a few hours,either here or in a new thread,there`s a lot in this thread as well though so might add to this one I guess,since this seems to not be on many people`s band wagon it seems because of the VA...oh well.

Volcynika

Ricker said:
I`ll post some impressions in a few hours,either here or in a new thread,there`s a lot in this thread as well though so might add to this one I guess,since this seems to not be on many people`s band wagon it seems because of the VA...oh well.

This is partially wrong. A good portion of it is because Ignition is localizing the game, at least for some people. That includes VA but is not limited to it.

Hobbun

Ricker said:
Well no one stepped forward yet per say and it`s coming out tomorrow...it doesn`t have to be a huge OT thread,just some basic info, so we can start talking/posting about the game in the new post fresh,instead of using this one...

Actually, it looks like it’s been delayed. I received this in my email this morning from Amazon:

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on May 24 2010 (Order# xxxxxxx). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Arc Rise Fantasia"
Release date: July 27 2010
Estimated arrival date: July 27 2010

So, it looks like the 27th again.

:(

Hobbun

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Well VG+ shipped mine so maybe some retailers have them to send now?

Well, Amazon did say it was a delay by the publisher, so I would figure that would affect everyone. However, Amazon could just be saying that and it actually being a delay on their end.

It’s not really all that inconvenient to me as I am busy with other things at the moment and probably wouldn’t even be playing until after the 27th, anyways.

Ricker

Well my Gamestop said they had it and to pick it up this morning...Unless the distributor told them that even if they have it ,they can`t sell it until the 27th now,I should be ok if I go early this morning...if it`s delayed a week,I don`t mind,got plenty of other games to play hehe...why would they delay it a week though,I really don`t understand that if everything is ready,there`s nothing else coming this week as well,so it`s a good spot.

faridmon

End of the year for us Europeans might be the best time this game have. You would not wnat to go against Mario games and Metroid is just around the corner...

Volcynika said:
BlazingDarkness
(05-09-2009, 06:17 AM)

Dude, the post is over a year old.

:p
yeah, i noticed today. I am really silly

Actually I want who might be teh Tsundere one

zigg

Ignition's PR firm told me this weekend that they're shipping the copies out today, but they should be available on the 27th.

GS calls are usually done in an automated fashion, as I understand it, and their computers aren't always up-to-date with the reality of distribution (as I've found with more than a few games...) I'd definitely call the actual store for making a trip out if you've preordered it there.

zigg

Should I also add, then, that this isn't the first time I've found a PR firm to be misinformed? :lol

Glad it worked out for you. I was told to expect a review copy, so I think I'll be playing it soon too. I messed around with it a bit at E3, but it's really hard to jump into an RPG without a lot of time to get started.

Manual cover's better than the box cover, I think.

OMG! I love Imageepoch, I'll get this by the end of the month! :]

And I really don't get why bad voice acting is so decisive for some of you guys, it's not like it will kill the gameplay, just look at Baten Kaitos, Suikoden and many, many others.

I know I'm in for a treat!1

zigg

Sammy Samusu said:
And I really don't get why bad voice acting is so decisive for some of you guys, it's not like it will kill the gameplay, just look at Baten Kaitos, Suikoden and many, many others.

Baten Kaitos was better than what I've seen of this, and its text wasn't iffy either.

(of course Origins was just shy of godly)

I don't really blame anyone for making that decision for themselves.

Lucis

omg i remember this game!
I quit right before I got to the last dungeon ;/ one day i'll go back to finish it.
The boss battles in the game are pretty awesome and can pan out good strategy, regular mob fights only require auto battle

Ikkarus

Ricker said:
Well I had no problem picking it up from Gamestop just now:
Looks like the boxart has changed from what Aeana posted. Hmm...

Just seeing the game though makes me green with envy. EU release please!!

Top Bottom