• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3 |OT| Thread of beating up moe moe girls

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Degen said:
Catherine, Fiona, Kira all day. But whoever thought of the inputs for these Level 3 supers deserves a swift kick to the shin. 1080 grab? really? so you either do it on wake-up or after an empty double-jump (totally not predictable [/sarcasm])? wat. i need a tutor
Many characters are easier, but Kira's 1080 does like 70-80% and Fiona's is pretty much instant death upon landing.

Degen

Dropped Kira; churning is just not very broken in this game. Fiona (aka Hakumen Jr.) and Catherine (aka Anime Sentinel) seem to be right up my alley

Some local SRKers and I played it and we had a blast. Hilarious game.

Any tips on what Arcana to pair with Fiona? I'm just now realizing that "Punishment" is actually pretty useless compared to a couple of other ones

Edit: cancel Punishment being useless, lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Degen said:
Dropped Kira; churning is just not very broken in this game.
It's probably better to think of Kira as more Abel than Zangief. A few of her high damage combos involve her 2B to air grab (ground slam) with either homing cancel or teleport super to splash followup.

Edgeward

Degen said:
Dropped Kira; churning is just not very broken in this game. Fiona (aka Hakumen Jr.) and Catherine (aka Anime Sentinel) seem to be right up my alley

Some local SRKers and I played it and we had a blast. Hilarious game.

Any tips on what Arcana to pair with Fiona? I'm just now realizing that "Punishment" is actually pretty useless compared to a couple of other ones

Edit: cancel Punishment being useless, lol

Hito uses fire, increased dmg and you can set people up into jumping for the air unblockable super.

And I'm not surprised at the chars you gravitated to.

Solune

Degen said:
So after hating everything this game stands for since its announcement, I may actually like it. What's worse is that my favorite characters so far all look like kids

Catherine, Fiona, Kira all day. But whoever thought of the inputs for these Level 3 supers deserves a swift kick to the shin. 1080 grab? really? so you either do it on wake-up or after an empty double-jump (totally not predictable [/sarcasm])? wat. i need a tutor
Hitokage clone up in here.

And level 3s are hardly used at all, the meter is best saved for HCing or hitconfirms into super.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Edgeward said:
Hito uses fire, increased dmg and you can set people up into jumping for the air unblockable super.
Haha, that setup is such a gimmick though, and it uses up a burst when Fiona's defense is already weak. :/

Solune said:
And level 3s are hardly used at all, the meter is best saved for HCing or hitconfirms into super.
Depends on the character, though.

alstein

Right now this is the only fighter I'm playing that actually feels like it's fun to play. Only thing that annoys me is easy-mode Heart 60% damage off a jab.

Xater

So how is the online community for this title. It's coming out here in Yurop next week and I was wondering if I should get it.

Morris

Disco Devil
Xater said:
So how is the online community for this title. It's coming out here in Yurop next week and I was wondering if I should get it.

It's still pretty decent, i can find matches most of the time. I've noticed a fair share of newcomers too.

GAF needs to play this game more :C

Edgeward

Yea you can find matches easily. I never had trouble connecting to someone. Vast majority that play the game now know their combos really fucking well though. So, especially if you don't know the match-up be prepared for a beatdown. Just try to fight a good Maori without any prior knowledge, it is worse than fighting Dhalsim. >=o

As far as GAF, there's me, Morro, Degen, and sometimes Hito. Sollune's is MIA as his ps3 broke. D=

But I am usually down to play if not already tied up in a SF4 lobby. PSN Edgeward34

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
alstein said:
Right now this is the only fighter I'm playing that actually feels like it's fun to play. Only thing that annoys me is easy-mode Heart 60% damage off a jab.
How about easy-mode 40% off seeing somebody jump. :D

H1RpG.jpg

I'm in there.

Game's probably dead, but who do I have to holla at for a Gafchat invite?

TxdoHawk

So Euro disc people can play with PSN people? I finally re-bought a PS3 after giving up on Sony ever giving us hardware BC back, sigh. Now I'm up to this decision...I will probably grab the DD release just to support Aksys (you guys are still fuckfaces* for not releasing on 360 though.)

* -
Just kidding, much love, and I am appreciative of the fact that we got AH3 at all.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Been messing around with Kira lately. 50% off a crossup and one bar. Intruding into russian airspace. Too bad I suck at doing the former.

EYEL1NER

I'm hoping my copy gets here soon. My buddy grabbed two PAL copies online for him and me for about $25-$30 on the 20th. Waiting for it to make it over here. I know on CAG several people have already recieved theirs in the mail.

Ugh....want to play it so bad! I'm just glad there was a disc-based release that was region-free though. I can wait another week to play it, because if a disc-based version never came out, I would probably never play it.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
his the EU Arcana Heart 3 come out yet? were can i buy the EU Arcana Heart 3 for the 360 or PS3? will the us ps3 play the EU Arcana Heart 3 ok. I am not buying Aksys Arcana Heart 3 because i don't like paying $30 for a Download game.

EYEL1NER

Kasumi1970 said:
his the EU Arcana Heart 3 come out yet? were can i buy the EU Arcana Heart 3 for the 360 or PS3? will the us ps3 play the EU Arcana Heart 3 ok. I am not buying Aksys Arcana Heart 3 because i don't like paying $30 for a Download game.
http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/arcana-heart-3/10310289.html
Apparently, The Hut and Zavvi are the same thing, some kind of UK retailer. Zavvi is also selling it at that price. Some people don't have the option to enter a US address with the credit card they provide on one of the sites, so try the other one if you can't.

As I said in my post, copies ordered from Zavvi and The Hut are arriving to people on CAG. My buddy initially ordered from game.co.uk, but that was at a much higher price and then the game launched. His order still said preorder and we then noticed the price on The Hut went back down, so boom! Order cancelled, new order made.

EYEL1NER said:
http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/arcana-heart-3/10310289.html
Apparently, The Hut and Zavvi are the same thing, some kind of UK retailer. Zavvi is also selling it at that price. Some people don't have the option to enter a US address with the credit card they provide on one of the sites, so try the other one if you can't.

As I said in my post, copies ordered from Zavvi and The Hut are arriving to people on CAG. My buddy initially ordered from game.co.uk, but that was at a much higher price and then the game launched. His order still said preorder and we then noticed the price on The Hut went back down, so boom! Order cancelled, new order made.
Yeah, mine was just 17.85 GBP from Zavvi with free shipping. Slightly less than the $30 download after conversion.

Edgeward

Hitokage said:
Been messing around with Kira lately. 50% off a crossup and one bar. Intruding into russian airspace. Too bad I suck at doing the former.

Noooooooooo, stop it. I don't want to have to be put in 50/50s with Kira. I get enough of that in SF4.

game arrived!
tried a bit yesterday and it seemed nice..
just one issue: story mode sharashrot semi-boss... the fuck?
is that some kind of cheat? taking less damage, spamming constantly super.. and her cannon, her frigging cannon ruining my healthbar even on block!
jeebus christ!

Edgeward

I wouldn't count on it being on xbox at this point/

witchedwiz said:
game arrived!
is that some kind of cheat? taking less damage, spamming constantly super.. and her cannon, her frigging cannon ruining my healthbar even on block!
jeebus christ!

Just wait till you try beating score attack and Parace L'sia. Scharl is nothing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
witchedwiz said:
game arrived!
jeebus christ!
If you win a round against her she does start cheating.

Tobe1 said:
is this game coming out on the us for xbox? or is it just hopeless now :(?
Doubtful. Then again, untranslated Deathsmiles IIX came out on Games on Demand so weirder things have happened. It definitely won't be coming from Aksys though.

Hitokage said:
If you win a round against her she does start cheating.
winning one round against her it's fucking easy...
it's "cheat-mode" that suck ass...
I mean, give her more combo-prone attitude ok...
giving her the possibility to spam super that locks you into guard and cheap-damage rape you? not cool bro

thundr51

Wait until you see the sillyness that is the final boss in story mode. Pure stupidity.

the more you fight Parace the less life she starts off with. Pretty much the only way to beat her...at least for me.

thundr51 said:
Wait until you see the sillyness that is the final boss in story mode. Pure stupidity.

the more you fight Parace the less life she starts off with. Pretty much the only way to beat her...at least for me.

Haha. With Parace, it changes from a fighting game to a danmaku shooter (in the worst possible way).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
witchedwiz said:
winning one round against her it's fucking easy...
it's "cheat-mode" that suck ass...
I mean, give her more combo-prone attitude ok...
giving her the possibility to spam super that locks you into guard and cheap-damage rape you? not cool bro
However, the solution is no different from any other matchup you feel is lopsided against you. Every character has bullshit*. Learn yours and use it against their bullshit. :D

*Read: incredibly strong tools/setups.

EYEL1NER

Finally got my copy today. Couldn't really get a feel for who I like yet though.
I really like the game and am glad I got it.

But after playing it, a bit of BB:CS 2 on my 3DS, and seeing the news about the Persona 4 fighting game, I really think Arc System Works needs to do a Vs game with characters from Arcana Hearts, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Battle Fantasia, and the Persona 4 game. The characters always look sooooo good. I want to see them all fighting each other.

alstein

EYEL1NER said:
Finally got my copy today. Couldn't really get a feel for who I like yet though.
I really like the game and am glad I got it.

But after playing it, a bit of BB:CS 2 on my 3DS, and seeing the news about the Persona 4 fighting game, I really think Arc System Works needs to do a Vs game with characters from Arcana Hearts, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Battle Fantasia, and the Persona 4 game. The characters always look sooooo good. I want to see them all fighting each other.

Arcana Heart is not an Arc property- it's another company called Examu.

They were spun off from Yuki (the SamSho 5/Special team), and you can see the influence of that game in some moves.

That said, A GG/BB/Hokuto/Sengoku/Battle Fantasia/Persona crossover would be the most epic thing ever, even if it can never happen.

I'm shocked I ended up liking this game as much as I did, especially after losing the first 50 games (I got it just before the PSN outage, so my first month I just played folks who had played for years). I switched characters and got my win percentage up over 50% last week.

EYEL1NER

alstein said:
Arcana Heart is not an Arc property- it's another company called Examu.

They were spun off from Yuki (the SamSho 5/Special team), and you can see the influence of that game in some moves.

That said, A GG/BB/Hokuto/Sengoku/Battle Fantasia/Persona crossover would be the most epic thing ever, even if it can never happen.

I'm shocked I ended up liking this game as much as I did, especially after losing the first 50 games (I got it just before the PSN outage, so my first month I just played folks who had played for years). I switched characters and got my win percentage up over 50% last week.
Well, I didn't know that. Interesting I guess.
I wonder why there hasn't been even a GG vs BB game yet. I'd probably rather have a new GG before that though I think.

alstein

Question- how would you guys go about beating this:

A water Catherine who spams her ball and chain shots, uses the lariat to get out, and if it misses, uses the water Arcana to go into safety?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
alstein said:
Question- how would you guys go about beating this:

A water Catherine who spams her ball and chain shots, uses the lariat to get out, and if it misses, uses the water Arcana to go into safety?
Superjump into speed homing. If all the Cathy player can do is spam then they won't know what to do. Even if the Cathy does know, it's not a position she wants to be in and she'll stop spamming with impunity. Also, Tyr. Even though water negates chip a fully charged E will break guard.

Morris

Disco Devil
Mash happy Cathy = Free. Lariat is the most baitable and punishable move ever, i'm not sure if she can XFC a whiffed lariat but I assume she can't. The recovery on whiffed tiger shot is awful too.
yeah, i'm lttp whatevs

Also, you guys should play this game more :C

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Morro! said:
Mash happy Cathy = Free. Lariat is the most baitable and punishable move ever, i'm not sure if she can XFC a whiffed lariat but I assume she can't. The recovery on whiffed tiger shot is awful too.
yeah, i'm lttp whatevs
Yeah, but if somebody JUST HAS TO GET IN then the lariat is the best thing ever. As long as it touches them you're good(Wind 2D is amazing). On whiff, well, not so much.

By the way, yesterday I found out that drill is special cancelable. Never knew.

Morris

Disco Devil
You saw that godlike cathy player on the NCI stream? He was only using lariat when hit confirmed, learned a ton of her stuff, i totally didn't knew cathy was a combo machine.

And I think I'm gonna learn Yoriko for real just to troll people online, I have no idea how she's supposed to be played, but she's sick. DEM PENTAGRAMS.

Top Bottom