• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3 |OT| Thread of beating up moe moe girls

Volcynika

Solune said:
Can't log into PSN getting an error. But today was a good session. Got blown up by Fiona and Duelist has a good Kamui. Need more gaffers!

Not sure, I can't even enter chatrooms. I don't think it's just AH3

I might play today or tomorrow, but I am terrible. :(

MjFrancis

Is the NTSC download compatible with the Japanese version for online play? There's a disc-based NTSC/J release I'm eying and I'd rather procure that one than buy online.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
MjFrancis said:
Is the NTSC download compatible with the Japanese version for online play? There's a disc-based NTSC/J release I'm eying and I'd rather procure that one than buy online.
AH3 for the PS3 is regionless offline and online.

xero273

MjFrancis said:

it works. there is no region locking for online play.

MjFrancis

Thanks fellas, I know that's usually the case, but I got burned buying a Korean version of Army of Two years back and learned to ask first rather than assume region-free means every feature is region-free.

Thanks again.

thundr51

Akselziys said:
Another entry in the How To Play Arcana Heart 3 series of articles at Siliconera, courtesy of our very own James!

zcuWL.gif

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/0...appendix-a2-choosing-your-main-arcana-part-2/

Anybody know when/if there will be more updates to this? It's an interesting read.

Solune

Volcynika said:
I might play today or tomorrow, but I am terrible. :(
It's ok, I'm pretty free myself! I got perfected by a certain someone spamming rocket punches at me. It was demoralizing but I'm always up for a salty runback ;).

Morris

Disco Devil
I can't believe how much my overall game has improved just by focusing on defending instead of rushing down all the time (with dorothy)

I used to mash and panic A LOT when I was getting rushed down or on air-to-air situations. Now I just gonna learn how to properly use my arcana or just try to experiment with different arcanas.

Scharl and Loli sent are still bs though...

Also, I hope more people pick up the game when PSN Store comes up... AH GAF is only composed by like 7 peeps tops ;_;

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Morro! said:
Scharl and Loli sent are still bs though...
This game has no S tier!

Cathy's huge hitbox is a massive liability when somebody is rushing her down. She also has trouble against Tyr's aegis reflector.

Solune said:
It's only silly until you get hit by 70% setups.
There was still a way to get out of that. ;)

Solune

Hitokage said:
This game has no S tier!

Cathy's huge hitbox is a massive liability when somebody is rushing her down. She also has trouble against Tyr's aegis reflector.
Example being when I got that perfect? *trollface*
There was still a way to get out of that. ;)
Doesn't take away the fact that DAT damage is not silly at all!

Makoto

Morro! said:
Also, I hope more people pick up the game when PSN Store comes up... AH GAF is only composed by like 7 peeps tops ;_;
No doubt about this. The PSN Store returning May 24 thread is filled with people who just want to buy AH3 when the Store is back online, myself included.

Edgeward

I swear I'm not trying to link a to c guys. I finger refuses to hit B! And qcf motions in this game are unforgiving. And qcf x 2? For fucking get it

Once the PSN store is back up and I can redownload this onto my PS3 I will join you, Arcana-GAF

My offline/training mode only Scharl is eager to join ^_^

2478bc770ca61878ff2018b3a8ee3111.png

Whenever I turn my PS3 on it seems like I always end up going BlazBlue.

That said, I certainly have AH3, and would be happy to play with you guys when I'm on. I'm gravitypenguin on PSN as well. I also play Scharl and don't know how to do anything legit :)

Morris

Disco Devil
Hitokage said:
Step 1: Pick Dorothy
Step 2: Build meter to full
Step 3: LET'S DO A LIVE

That lvl 3 is sick. It stays on forever, perfect for catching people trying to rush you down. The only downside is that it's not guaranteed to do any damage once you connect it...

I take back what I said about Dorothy sucking, her traps and poker hands are godlike, they do a shit ton of damage when they hit (some can cover the whole screen), and really improve both her zoning and rushdown game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Morro! said:
That lvl 3 is sick. It stays on forever, perfect for catching people trying to rush you down. The only downside is that it's not guaranteed to do any damage once you connect it...
It's better when you do it while in Extend Force. That 1/4 chance of escaping becomes 1/8, and they are also faced with a 1/8 chance of taking MASSIVE damage instead of the usual shitload.

Morris

Disco Devil
GGs Hito. I'm finally on your level! at least i think so...

Those few lagless matches were fun, damn shame about the lag :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Morro: You gotta pressure my Fiona more. Excalibur doesn't hit if you're right above me or just behind me and I don't have much in the way of reliable reversals.

Negator

I was practicing a bit in an effort to unscrub my Fiona. I think my game went up a little bit after learning a few new tricks. Still need to learn some combos though.

Morris

Disco Devil
^^ You guys are down for a lobby in about an hour?

Luccento, do you have the Arcana GAF PSN chat? ... Add me if you need an invite.

Hitokage said:
Morro: You gotta pressure my Fiona more. Excalibur doesn't hit if you're right above me or just behind me and I don't have much in the way of reliable reversals.

Yeah, lag kinda screws me up when I try to be on dat ass... We need to play when your roomie is not downloading that pr0n :c.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Morro! said:
Yeah, lag kinda screws me up when I try to be on dat ass... We need to play when your roomie is not downloading that pr0n :c.
The man is insatiable though. :(

Edit: I've been exposed! It's about time too. Can't be lazy with this game anymore.

Makoto

PSN Store is up and the first thing I did was buy AH3. Now the download is going slow as shit of course because PSN is probably getting destroyed.

Morris

Disco Devil
Yeah, let's bump this shit to remind folks to buy this game.

PLAY ARCANA HEART 3, ITS A GOOD GAME </Rom>

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
WARNING:

Don't buy US DLC for the JP version. It doesn't work, even if the patch for "Arcana Heart 3 1.01" on the US side did.

tearsofash

Got this just now. I want some time to learn how to play, I'm kinda rusty and I'm sure stuff has changed since the first entry I played.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
tearsofash said:
Got this just now. I want some time to learn how to play, I'm kinda rusty and I'm sure stuff has changed since the first entry I played.
Since AH1? Pretty dramatically from what I hear, like how homing used to use meter.

Morris

Disco Devil
So uh, for any of the new people who just got this game:

If you wanna get into the chat and play dat loli fighter 3 with GAF, Add Edgeward34 or me (ID on profile) to get into the Arcana GAF Chat.

IMO the best way to learn how this game works is to watch other people play (then after that, spending some time in the lab learning your char...)

depths20XX

Just got the game yesterday. Played a match with edgeward but I really need to learn a character first.

This weekend hopefully I can find a character to stick with and learn some combos. All the different arcanas are kind of intimidating to be honest. There's a lot of stuff I don't understand about this game yet but it looks fun in action.

Morris

Disco Devil
I've been playing since I woke up, and there's a considerable amount of new people playing this game. Yay!

When I was playing before the store was back it was impossible to find people to play on ranked at this time of the day...

alstein said:
Why am I getting Honda Civic ads in this game now?

wat

PS: Fuck the vines Arcana

Top Bottom