• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3 |OT| Thread of beating up moe moe girls

danmaku

Yes it's a legit move, albeit a rather useless one as you can't do anything after it. Looks like they put it in the game just because it's funny. I love those little touches, like when Nazuna does her 214A+B super she takes a little damage because in the animation she falls off the wolf and the cane hits her on the head.

Negator

I'm so confused, I'm looking at this combo...

1E 41236A 6HC 3B [jc] JB [delay] JC [small step] JA JB [jc] JB JC 〆

Enders can be: J421 > J236A+B

What in the hell do these mean?

Jump cancel?

Belisarius

Neo Member
Negator said:
I'm so confused, I'm looking at this combo...

1E 41236A 6HC 3B [jc] JB [delay] JC [small step] JA JB [jc] JB JC 〆

Enders can be: J421 > J236A+B

What in the hell do these mean?

Jump cancel?
It means "Junior College." These combos can take a little while to input.

Negator

The inputs, she's a harsh mistress :(

The combo: ~2C 41236C 6D 5A JA JB JC [land]5A JA JB [jc] JB BC 421C

It took me an hour but I finally managed to figure out the timing for 41236C 6D. I swear, I spent an hour just learning that. After I could get it down consistently, I had a hard time doing the 5A JA after because I would just instinctively JA JB JC and mess up the rhythm of the combo.

considering i'm a gg/bb junkie, will i like this one?
I'm not into all-girl fighter, but rarely has arc system deluded me so I'm kinda debated :/

witchedwiz said:
I'm not into all-girl fighter, but rarely has arc system deluded me so I'm kinda debated :/
The console port was handled by Arc System works but the actual game was developed by a company named Examu. I'm not well-versed in the series and have only played a bit of AH1 but it seems like a fun doujin fighter that appeals to the GG crowd. While the game is solid, presentation is way below GG imo. Music and sound effects are far inferior.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
witchedwiz said:
Of the three big GG heads in my state, one considers it the best fighting game on current gen consoles, one isn't enthralled, and one doesn't seem interested one way or another. Only the last likes playing blazblue though.

Not helpful, I know.

oh well i'll pick it up for 20$, worst case scenario i'll delude myself into thinking that online beu can be considered a backloggable game :p

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Another entry in the How To Play Arcana Heart 3 series of articles at Siliconera, courtesy of our very own James!

zcuWL.gif

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/2...appendix-a1-choosing-your-main-arcana-part-1/

Makoto

Really sucks that the store won't be up exactly when PSN is back up. It's like Kaz is telling me not buy Arcana Heart 3.

vidal said:
Really sucks that the store won't be up exactly when PSN is back up. It's like Kaz is telling me not buy Arcana Heart 3.
It's like he's telling me to wait for the Euro release for a disc version

Negator

Played it for a good 5-7 hours straight last night with my friends.

My thumb really, really hurts. Like...really hurts.

ReiGun

NinajHeartless said:
Seeing as PSN will be back up soonish I guess I can look forward to playing some of you guys online ^_^
Same here. Managed to get it the night before PSN went down. Thanks to finals, have no time to actually practice at this game. Can't wait to get blown up.

thundr51

Went through score attack last night before getting violated by Parace.

Anyway, I saw something about relation points. I think you can get extra colors for your character but is online matches the only way to get the extra colors?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
thundr51 said:
Anyway, I saw something about relation points. I think you can get extra colors for your character but is online matches the only way to get the extra colors?
There is a set of RP colors and a set of DLC colors. You need RP to get the former.

I've been waiting for the PSN to go back up just for this game. It's been a while since I played a fighting game with the community. I need to get some practice matches in to get good. PSN: KamenRiderPrism. Is there a chat room going like there was for BlazBlue?

Lucentto

Banned
This is like the only fighting game I enjoy playing now. I somehow got myself like a 20 win streak in ranked, a lot of good people on. I guess I can try to play with GAF for once. PSN: lucentto

Negator

Just a reminder to Arcana-GAF to add me to PSN, name: Negatorz if you haven't already. I plan to spend large amounts of time playing this online

Solune

Kamen Rider Prism said:
I've been waiting for the PSN to go back up just for this game. It's been a while since I played a fighting game with the community. I need to get some practice matches in to get good. PSN: KamenRiderPrism. Is there a chat room going like there was for BlazBlue?
Yes there's a chatroom, I'll send you an invite if you haven't got one already when I get on later.

Morris

Disco Devil
Now that PSN is back up, anyone wanna get a lobby going?

Add me: FloydM7

I can also invite you to the chat if you aren't there yet.

Solune

Volcynika said:
I checked my PSN chat room things and saw there were two chat rooms, which one is the one people use?
It's the one called Arcana Hearts GAF. I invited you to one that I made but when I made that one there was already one made lol. Anyways I'm on right now just in training mode so if anyone wants to get matches in just enter chatroom. Edge is here too but hes playing Portal 2.

Solune

Can't log into PSN getting an error. But today was a good session. Got blown up by Fiona and Duelist has a good Kamui. Need more gaffers!

Negator said:
I'm going to assume that the Arcana Servers just exploded or something, damn
Not sure, I can't even enter chatrooms. I don't think it's just AH3

Edgeward

Solune said:
Can't log into PSN getting an error. But today was a good session. Got blown up by Fiona and Duelist has a good Kamui. Need more gaffers!

Not sure, I can't even enter chatrooms. I don't think it's just AH3

That's a PSN issue, happened to me on Sunday, they had to shut it down for a bit to reset the server queue for password resets.

I'll usually be on after dinner like 7 PST to get some quick games going for the foreseeable future until I beat witcher 2. Magic series is still new to me, too many times I hit confirm A only to go into C or something equally shitty. And I will find a way to deal with zoning someday *sigh*

Top Bottom