• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are Square delivering a message for Dragon Quest XI ?...

zeromcd73

Whether they're specifically delivering a message regarding DQXI or not, there'll be more DQ on PS4 after this.
Based Verendus delivering the goods yet again!
HRRgVgq.gif

18-Volt

If DQ11 is a PS4 exclusive then it's bad for us. Neither Sony or SE would localize it. It'll be same situation with Nintendo/DQ7-Monsters.

Forkball

A console DQ certainly would be exciting, but I still love IX and would love another DQ entry that is in the same vein. Maybe we can have both!

dramatis

I think they'll go multiplat, but I'm curious how well their development process can hold up if they're not focusing on optimizing for one platform only.

Of course there will. It's not like SE and TK are going to stop after DQH, there will be at least be DQH2 and 3. :p

Well, that scene on-stage with Morita was awkward, to say the least.

"It's been 10 years since we did something like this with Sony...ahahaha..."

jeremy1456

The only reason I hope it isn't on PS3/4 is because that would significantly reduce the chance of it coming out in the West. Without Nintendo's support the chances are decreased a huge deal.

It's one thing to want it on your platform of choice, but it's another to say 'if I can't play it no one can.' I prefer it on Nintendo platforms only because that's the best chance we have of actually getting these games.

The only reason I hope it isn't on PS3/4 is because that would significantly reduce the chance of it coming out in the West. Without Nintendo's support the chances are decreased a huge deal.

It's one thing to want it on your platform of choice, but it's another to say 'if I can't play it no one can.' I prefer it on Nintendo platforms only because that's the best chance we have of actually getting these games.
Apparently not anymore. Nintendo doesn't seem to be interested in localizing DQ10, DQ7, DQRS or DQM.

It's Sony's turn now.

Kyoufu

Really. Where do I pre-order DQVII in the west?

AniHawk

if they put it on the ps4 only, it will probably be for the worldwide userbase because a platform with about 2m consoles sold won't be happy funtimes for a potential dqxi if they keep it in one region and on one system.

i have to wonder if part of the reason dqvii never came over, apart from the shitload of text (there is a shitload of text), is that nintendo was aware they wouldn't see dqxi on any platform of theirs.

I think there will be more DQ on the PS4 regardless but I don't see DQ11 on the PS4. The 3DS is the easy choice unless the game is 3 years away.

RPGamer92

Banned

*Stares at my Dragon Quest X Wii U and VII 3DS US versions.* Oh wait.

jackdoe

I completely disagree. If it were to release on PS3/4, then it would show that Square Enix have a definite interest in bringing the title overseas where the install base is ridiculously larger than in Japan.

And DQX ended up on the Wii...

Not sure what your point is here.

Uhh, we got DQ9 on the DS THEN DQ10 on the Wii. What's your point? That this means at some point, maybe a few DQs down the line, a numbered one will end up on the PS4? My point is that, like how Swords didn't directly lead to X on the Wii, this won't mean anything really. They'll assess it on a game by game basis

Spiegel

I'm sure that a big budget, console DQ (non.MMO) would be released worldwide with or without Nintendo helping.

crinale

Well if it's only silver PS4 then I'd say meh, but it does have DQ's iconic symbol (the Slime) on it.. so there may be a little chance DQ11 gets released on PS4.
That said, even if it comes to PS4 after all I'm sure it will be multiplat.

jiggle

I completely disagree. If it were to release on PS3/4, then it would show that Square Enix have a definite interest in bringing the title overseas where the install base is ridiculously larger than in Japan.
And they are region free if they dont

jeremy1456

Apparently not anymore. Nintendo doesn't seem to be interested in localizing DQ10, DQ7, DQRS or DQM.

It's Sony's turn now.

How many Sony published DQ games are there? How many spinoffs and remakes were released on Sony platforms in English? Just that Torneko title if I recall.

Perhaps Nintendo's disinterest in publishing X or VII:R was because of a platform change. In that case welcome back to the dark ages of North American Dragon Quest releases.

jeremy1456

I'm sure that a big budget, console DQ (non.MMO) would be released worldwide with or without Nintendo helping.

I'm sure it would too.

Only problem is all of the spinoffs and non-mobile remakes. We usually only get one traditional Dragon Quest game a generation.

Hiko

Banned
Uhh, we got DQ9 on the DS THEN DQ10 on the Wii. What's your point? That this means at some point, maybe a few DQs down the line, a numbered one will end up on the PS4? My point is that, like how Swords didn't directly lead to X on the Wii, this won't mean anything really. They'll assess it on a game by game basis

It's not just about DQH. They also said DQXI is being made for the big screen. So if you put those two together, it paints a pretty clear picture as to where DQXI is going...

Mr-Joker

Banned
If Dragon Quest XI end up being on a Nintendo system then their is a chance of it being localized but if it end up being on a Sony system then the game ain't leaving Nippon.

Then again we still don't have Dragon Quest X and they haven't even started localizing Dragon Quest VII as they clearly want Nintendo to pay for the cost.

*sigh* I need to find a new hobby.

FFXV is not on last gen. KH3 is not on last gen. Don't see why DQXI has to be any different.

And let's be honest here. The ps3 is already winding down. With the schedule SE works on, the ps3 will be beyond dead by the time DQXI releases, and the ps4 will be at the end of it's life while we're all talking about ps5 and xbox two.

If DQXI comes out after FFXV (theoretically in 2016) the later would have already helped expant the PS4 install base significantly and even if not the DQ name is enough to make the Japanese purchase a PS4 in order to play it.

By that time SE will not be willing to continue developing for PS3 since FFXV will be PS4/XB1 only.

They're not going to give up on the huge PS3 base for a game in a mainline series that sells over 4 million in Japan. They're not going to be content with the sales on one platform.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If Dragon Quest XI end up being on a Nintendo system then their is a chance of it being localized but if it end up being on a Sony system then the game ain't leaving Nippon.

Then again we still don't have Dragon Quest X and they haven't even started localizing Dragon Quest VII as they clearly want Nintendo to pay for the cost.

*sigh* I need to find a new hobby.

I... think it's the exact opposite? PS4 has a high enough userbase that SE would be willing to risk it. For Wii U not a chance in hell.

Top Bottom