• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still gunning for a PS5 with the recent cross gen announcements?

When are you getting a PS5 with the recent cross gen announcements?

• I dont have one, but still trying to get one ASAP. Cross gen announcements have no effect

Votes: 89 36.3%
  • I'll wait to get a PS5 a bit later based on how good these cross gen games are

Votes: 28 11.4%
  • I'll wait to get a PS5 much later when more PS5 only games for big titles release

Votes: 76 31.0%
  • Given the trend, not going to get a PS5

Votes: 52 21.2%

• Total voters

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's 207 votes so far, and the cross gen announcement seems to have dented people's enthusiasm for getting one.

Only 74 people (about 35%) still are trying to get one asap.

The rest are either delaying purchase or not even getting one after all because of this.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Current ps5 design isn't my liking. If ps5 pro isn't better than ps5, I will just pick the disk version in the future. I have my ps4 exclusive need to finish them. I am not fond of graphics or fps. I play on old TV, so it really doesn't matter.

For now, none of the system have what I need. My games drop 2022. So I am not in rush.

How is the free ratchet and clank? Is it good?

Spidey Fan

Banned
Imagine making a thread asking are you gonna buy an Xbox series X when there are literally no exclusives? That'll be an instant close/ban.

I mean, it's not like the very first Xbox first party games are coming to Xbox, they're both PS5 exclusives as well. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:
There was one. But it was delayed, since people screamed about graphics. But hey, you do you.

It's 207 votes so far, and the cross gen announcement seems to have dented people's enthusiasm for getting one.

The rest are either delaying purchase or not even getting one after all because of this.

Well see if it impacts the real world. Remember Gaf is just fantasy land compared to the world out there. Real numbers can be quite different.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
So you say no one had issues with coil whine?

Not every pro sounded like a jet engine too.
my PS5 is extremely quiet, i game on my monitor, so you should know how close I am with my PS5. Latest PS5 update solve the disc check noise as well.

My PS4 sound like jet engine, i did not own a PS4 pro but i know it is very noisy based on the comments around the internet.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.

this is a joke right? no one cares about neogaf votes.
And are you sure theres no trolls or anti playstation giving `fake votes?

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
What a petty reason to change ones mind on a device.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the fact they are hard to get is the main reason, but this is a reason to stop trying until you can easily click buy it now or get one at a store. It is certainly a good reason to wait. The PS5 exclusives ( cross gen or not) are pretty shitty quantity wise if you have a PC and had a PS4. Hopefully Ratchet will be great, but as someone who bought the stupid thing because I wanted access to exclusives, I see that I easily could have waited for a Pro, or if shit keeps to this pace, a PS6 with Backwards compatibility.

this is what i think of the PS5

AOMSvpk.jpg

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Both consoles are basically retro/cross gen machines. The most you can get a benefit is the Xbox because of GamePass, but that's it. I'm not ashamed for buying them, but I'm don't care that much for them either

kbear

I’m glad I canceled my launch preorder. The FOMO was tough for a while but in the end no regrets now that I can play everything on my Quad aside from Ratchet and a short 3D shmup. I’ll get one in 2023 or something.

checkcola

I have no issue getting in on next gen (or is it current gen?), but until its easy to get, I ain't bothering. No way I'm paying second hand market price.

Javthusiast

Banned
Gonna enjoy my Series S and game pass, while going through my ps4 backlog and play stuff like Horizon 2 on it. Will get a ps5 sometime next year.

KAL2006

Banned
I can't see PS5 going much cheaper in 2023 when we should hopefully see more next gen only games. So if you were going to get a PS5 anywyas I don't see why not just get it now if you can without the scalper price tags. Playing improved versions is still better than nothing if you were going to get a PS5 eventually.

It's been like this for a quote a few generations I remember the PS3, PS4 and even PS2 had crap games to begin with maybe not only cross gen games but bad games regardless. Stuff like The Summoner, Killzone Shadowfall, Genji were not exactly must haves. For me PS4 started getting interesting when Witcher 3 and Bloodborne released and that system didn't even have backwards compatibility atleast this time around you have enhanced BC and decent cross gen games. In fact I'm catching up with alot of PS4 games on my PS5 I haven't played, currently playing Ratchet and Clank PS4 which Sony gave away for free and it runs at 60fps.

Top Bottom