• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armed and crazy Gater crashes his car en route to Brianna Wu's house - Rages online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This would be really, really funny if it wasn't so frightening. What if the weather was good and he made it. I assume Wu is one of those people who's address was posted, or is it unlikely he knew where she lived?

Sad but true.

At this rate, GuiltGizzle is going to kill someone.

well they got someone's dog shot by a SWAT team

and (don't ask me for the receipts on this one) but I swear I've seen things about them harassing certain people on Twitter to the point of, if not actual suicide

Hedge

Is this even game related? Isn't the story just "mentally unstable person crashes on his way to attack x person"?

I mean I know it says gamergate in the article, but this seems not really about that.
That man is not well.

And this is why gamergate will never be taken seriously as a movement.

Everything about this comment is pretty funny... a street race for gamergate and accusations of sabotaging a Prius? Is this satire?

Oh man that video.... comedy gold! The Bon Jovi song really accentuates the whole thing.

But drag racing on ice roads? What do you think would happen?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Is this even game related? Isn't the story just "mentally unstable person crashes on his way to attack x person"?

I mean I know it says gamergate in the article, but this seems not really about that.
That man is not well.

He was saying he was on his way to Brianna Wu's and that she sabotaged his vehicle.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

That man is not well.
Well in his own words
I am a US Retired Veteran who is also a vlogger and very interested in GamerGate and trying to root for justice

So...yeah?

30vR58L.gif

Like..I don't even know what to say about these people at this point.

This would be really, really funny if it wasn't so frightening. What if the weather was good and he made it. I assume Wu is one of those people who's address was posted, or is it unlikely he knew where she lived?

She's been doxxed multiple times and some of the prominent Gaters have links to the info in their Twitter accounts despite numerous reports

That man is not well.

I mean, that and the fact that he says that Brianna Wu sabotaged his mum's car in retaliation for him being a GamerGate vigilante.

antitrop

If that's your opinion on mental health then you're part of the problem.

I'm a vet receiving VA treatment for many war-related issues. This is beyond the VA. What are they gonna do, give him some sleeping pills and antidepressants? That won't fix him.

He's liable to kill someone.

Sölf

This shit right here, this is comedy gold.

Sorry, I don't know what to say. It's just so unreal, I can't take it serious. I mean, srsly, what the fuck?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What problems CAN'T street racing solve?

I agree.

I mean, who doesn't remember how racial problems have been solved with a Speed Race started by Martin Luther King?
Don't anyone hear about how many people now eats thanks to Speed Racing to bring them food against Mole Nazists?
I mean, come on guys, these are classic events in our history. They're part of us, dah!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sölf;150002120 said:
This shit right here, this is comedy gold.

Sorry, I don't know what to say. It's just so unreal, I can't take it serious. I mean, srsly, what the fuck?

The fact that he had, in all likelihood, her actual address makes it hard for me to see it as too funny.

Axass

I stayed the fuck away from the whole gamergate / antigamergate drama, I don't even know who Brianna Wu is (and I don't want to know), but let me say that this has probably more to do with the guy being a psycho than anything else.

That video is scary. He needs serious treatment.

No clue why he can own a fucking gun.

PKrockin

Daily reminder that Brianna Wu is not even a game journalist. She's a developer. Somehow she and two other female non-journalists make up GG's top 3 mortal enemies in this crusade for "ethics in game journalism".

Phamit

I saw posts of Gamer Gators proudly standing before Houses and workplaces of Women in the industry. This shit is really scarry

So it's not unlikely that he knew where she lived,

Alchemy

That man is not well.

Everything GamerGate is gaming related regardless of if people want to keep it at arms length or pretend it doesn't exist. This reflects on our culture and the ability for people to criticize games as art. All gaming communities need to shit all over GG at every corner, this isn't acceptable behavior and is setting us back years in mainstream acceptance and overcoming angry basement nerd stereotypes, or even that violent games don't make people violent.

And that is on top of the straight up mental and physical harassment GG is spreading.

Zornack

I'm a vet receiving VA treatment for many war-related issues. This is beyond the VA. What are they gonna do, give him some sleeping pills and antidepressants? That won't fix him.

This man appears mentally unstable and requires treatment before he hurts someone or himself. Disregarding his mental issues as the ravings of a stupid person who is untreatable only reinforces the stigma mental health treatment has in America.

Toxi

Banned
I stayed the fuck away from the whole galaxyglover / antigamergate drama, I don't even know who Brianna Wu is (and I don't want to know), but let me say that this has probably more to do with the guy being a psycho than anything else.

That video is scary. He needs serious treatment.

No clue why he can own a fucking gun.
The only reason why this psycho knows where Brianna Wu lives is because GlycerineGarter loves to post her address.

So thanks GlycerineGarter for pointing nutjobs like this towards Brianna Wu because she had the gall to write about and develop video games.

Daily reminder that Brianna Wu is not even a game journalist. She's a developer. Somehow she and two other female non-journalists make up GG's top 3 mortal enemies in this crusade for "ethics in game journalism".

I mean, if anyone wants to drift to Polygon HQ we can solve this all right now

my Clio is ready to go

Sölf

The fact that he had, in all likelihood, her actual address makes it hard for me to see it as too funny.

I know, he even was armed. But this whole scenario is just so strange and unreal and his video doesn't help in the slightest to take it seriously.

God, why do such people exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom