• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core 4 JP dated, price = :(

WYWY

http://www.fromsoftware.jp/main/press/ac4_release_ps3.pdf
or just
http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2006/9/29/0d4de42cfcb5676607e4a3693d81f44a.html

14 December, 8,190yen... a +1,040yen from last gen's 'average'.

Where average is of course, relative. Since numbered DQ, numbered FF and SRT already enjoy those kind of rates (or higher, can't recall). My memory is short, but I recall VP2 was also retailing at an above-average 'special' rate. And closer to the present, Koei just released Three KIngdoms 11 this week at 9,240yen...

EDIT: 8,140 -> 8,190

Bebpo

Banned
davepoobond said:
that's about the same as our increase isn't it?

Yep.

Those rumors of 8800+tax = 9100yen - 9800-10000yen per game smelled like BS from the start. Japan will just see the same price hike that we've seen in the US for next-gen.

And good to see a firm date. Thanks to Region-Free I'll be importing it ASAP :)

KTallguy

Banned
This game looked amazing at TGS. Even the lighting and the sand effects were very awesome. Hopefully they can fix the frame rate...

If it controls solidly, I'll take the plunge. Let's play online :)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Those rumors of 8800+tax = 9100yen - 9800-10000yen per game smelled like BS from the start. Japan will just see the same price hike that we've seen in the US for next-gen.

no one said it was 8800+tax by the way - the rumour was 8800 - 9800, tax included.

Of course, according to you - X360 games are also responsible for this big price hike because 2 of the 50+ games are at 8190 yen RRP, so maybe we should wait and see what the most expensive game on PS3 is before calling the result ? ;)

besides - this price might be cheaper because they might charge you for online! ;)

Troidal

As much as I can afford these newly priced next-gen games, I still feel it's a lot of money to drop down ESPECIALLY if it's like a blind/impulse purchase. I'm already careful when picking up game(s) on day 1 of its release, this is even going to even narrow my choices further.

Seriously, 8000-9000yen can offer you hella good amount of food and booze for a nomikai (and imagine if that is PER PERSON).

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
anybody know why the NA AC4(spring 07) is coming so far apart from the Japan AC4(december 14th 06)?

Jonnyram

Troidal said:
As much as I can afford these newly priced next-gen games, I still feel it's a lot of money to drop down ESPECIALLY if it's like a blind/impulse purchase. I'm already careful when picking up game(s) on day 1 of its release, this is even going to even narrow my choices further.

Seriously, 8000-9000yen can offer you hella good amount of food and booze for a nomikai (and imagine if that is PER PERSON).
Totally. I've been making impulse purchases on DS a lot, but not on PS2 and 360 so much. It's a lot of cash to blow.

The End

I'll wait for the US version.

Sifting though a huge FAQ every time I go to the garage is not exactly thrilling.

Top Bottom