• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q3 2014 Earnings Release (through December 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno MB

Gibbo:
1.94m super Mario 3d world, 1.74m new super Mario bro u, 1.51m new super luigi u, 1.24m win party u, 1.15m wind walker=all for wiiu

Nintendo meeting about to get under way, won't cover much of the financial info at the start

Via Gibson Twitter: Nintendo 11.61m Pokemon XY sold in 9months,3.52m animal crossing, 2.57m luigi moon, 2.18m zelda a link between world's =3DS

The vast majority of Wii U software sales are bundled.

LTD sales figures:

WII U

New Super Mario Bros. U - 3.890.000
Super Mario 3D World - 1.940.000
New Super Luigi U - 1.510.000
Wii Party U - 1.240.000
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - 1.150.000

3DS

Pokémon xX / Y - 11.610.000
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 7.380.000
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - 3.790.000

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World - 2.180.000

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Gibbo:
Mario Kart Wii still sells 1m in the 9months, 35.26m life to date!

That thing just keeps on selling.

Wow. That's why I still have some hope for MK 8. People love that series.

CrisKre

Makes you think, with sales like these, wtf is the money going? why no profits? maybe games are too expensive to produce due to hd now and the business model is trully fucked.

jmizzal

Considering the installbase, yeah. Ideally all would be higher, but they're not too shabby in this situation

yup its a good thing because Nintendo sees that if they get their big games out people with WiiU's will buy the games, so if they not selling high hardware they know software will sale.

And_here_we_go.gif

Alright guys, predictions:

- Cranky in Smash. In fact every character is now Cranky

- Retro's next game is Mario Kart 9

- Nintendo had 3 Metroid games in development but canceled all of them in hopes of increasing hardware sales

- X's full title is Xenophobia and will be dubbed over by the cast of Duck Dynasty

- F-Zero GX coming to iPhone

So all in all so far, software is doing really good, for the most part. They are keeping them afloat and keeping the name Nintendo still out there. There's no run away Wii Sports or Mario Kart Wii nowadays, but despite them going back to the well frequently with the Mario brand, they are showing they can still easily sell millions of units with each first-party release.

AniHawk

luigi's mansion 2's sales are unbelievably good. no one expected that. it's selling better than zelda does these days.

Laffer

It's 2AM here and I have to work tomorrow, but the Nintendo nerd inside me is hungry for news. Let's see how this goes. It's starting...

JoeM86

luigi's mansion 2's sales are unbelievably good. no one expected that. it's selling better than zelda does these days.

Be fair. Luigi's Mansion came out in March. Zelda came out in November with Japan only having 5 days in this period.

JB2448

Man, between this and the Xbox One leaks, I'm simply not ready. I'm just glad 3D World outsold NSMBU this FY.

jeffers

Rösti;98882654 said:
BfMHKXyCQAEvTvs.jpg:large

Hard to tell who is who.

The name tags read (left to right):

Senior Managing Directors Shigeru Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda, President Satoru Iwata, and Managing Director Tatsumi Kimishima

(WSJ)

NateDrake

Really amazed by those figures. Considering it was a sequel to a GCN launch game that was forgotten about for a decade, LM2 certainly delivered in a major way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom