• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development Season 4: The Bluths are making new mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my favorite hints comes from the very first episode when the family needs Michael. Gob looks at his glass and says "we need Ice."

How did they know at the time

how

Mariolee

one of my favorite hints comes from the very first episode when the family needs Michael. Gob looks at his glass and says "we need Ice."

how

Wait, I don't follow. I'm trying so hard to remember what this could possibly be referencing.
:(

Edit: HOLY CRAP I JUST REMEMBERED. Is it Ice the Bounty Hunter? I'm sure that they probably just looked at the line during the second season and were like, "I'm sure we could turn this into something."

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Wait, I don't follow. I'm trying so hard to remember what this could possibly be referencing.

ice__arrested_development_2_by_vdvaart15-d2zfmie.jpg

Ice, the bounty hunter that appears ~3rd episode of season TWO.

Michael leaves the family in the pilot and the family realizes they need him.
"We need Michael"
"We need Ice." (to find Michael for us)

e: late per usual

and even if they didn't do it on purpose, let's just pretend they did

Gobias

Banned
Ice, the bounty hunter that appears ~3rd episode of season TWO.

Michael leaves the family in the pilot and the family realizes they need him.
"We need Michael"
"We need Ice." (to find Michael for us)

e: late per usual

and even if they didn't do it on purpose, let's just pretend they did

The joke was GOB cared more about getting ice in his drink that he was holding than getting Michael.

Socreges

Banned
This one seems like pure coincidence, because the gag doesn't really make sense as a reference to ICE.
They need to track down Michael. "we need ice". ICE ends up being the bounty hunter. Makes sense to me.

Hurwitz needs to confirm/deny that reference because I've been wondering for years.

Anustart

Was watching the episode with Ice the other day and caught a joke I hadn't picked up on before even though it's so in your face, I feel bad :(

When they're driving in the car and Lindsay says "Look at that guy riding that hog!" and Michael turns around and screams GEORGE MICHAEL!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Was watching the episode with Ice the other day and caught a joke I hadn't picked up on before even though it's so in your face, I feel bad :(

When they're driving in the car and Lindsay says "Look at that guy riding that hog!" and Michael turns around and screams GEORGE MICHAEL!
How could you miss that, you poor bastard?

Hazmat

The joke was GOB cared more about getting ice in his drink that he was holding than getting Michael.

Yeah. It's a fun coincidence, but it couldn't even work as a reference to Ice because they don't need a bounty hunter at all.

I mainly like that Gob apparently took the time to pour a drink for himself while paramedics were treating Buster.

And Netflix has changed the way AD looks in my queue, it's fancy like their other original shows. It's really happening!

Iceman

Michael: "You're being an Ann hog. Stop being an Ann hog."

minutes later, "Ann-Hog's coming? Okay, load her up in the car."

moments later, "Check out who's on that hog in the rearview mirror."

You caught the Anna-Bell joke later right?

"That's how I remember her name. Because she's shaped like a .. She's the belle of the ball!"

I mainly like that Gob apparently took the time to pour a drink for himself while paramedics were treating Buster.

Well, that and the fact that Gob doesn't much respect Michael. "Am I the only one that ever comes through for this family?"

But somehow, whenever I re-watch the pilot and hear Gob say the line "We need ice," I can't help but think of the bounty hunter - and their special bond.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Can't wait for this. I watched all three seasons of Arrested Development whilst studying at University years ago. I don't think I've ever laughed at a show so consistently on all my life. I hope this final season lives up to the hype.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Guys. When the season is released, will GAF be having a "one per day/week" thread for viewing? I'd kinda like to watch it one at a time and discuss the episodes as they "air" as if it were being aired one at a time. Would be much more fun if we were doing that. It could be a separate thread.

If we do it we should get a schedule up for when to watch each episode. Not sure if it should be per day, per week or maybe every two days or something. I'd just rather not absorb the whole thing all at once and then get remorse that I squandered the chance of a lifetime.

Xcellere

Guys. When the season is released, will GAF be having a "one per day/week" thread for viewing? I'd kinda like to watch it one at a time and discuss the episodes as they "air" as if it were being aired one at a time. Would be much more fun if we were doing that. It could be a separate thread.

If we do it we should get a schedule up for when to watch each episode. Not sure if it should be per day, per week or maybe every two days or something. I'd just rather not absorb the whole thing all at once and then get remorse that I squandered the chance of a lifetime.

Maybe CrunchyFrog can do this.

Mudkips

Banned

Fuck that. I'm going a nonstop viewing the instant it's released. Why artificially pace yourself?

Since I'll probably end up watching it this way, yeah I'm probably gonna make a similar thread. I've really enjoyed the episode by episode discussion in the other thread and watching them one by one personally.

Then it'll all be over so soon and you'll wish you hadn't. Because we're never getting more ever.

Yeah this is the number one reason why. I binged all of House of Cards, and as much as I loved it, it was all over too soon.

I can't see how anyone won't be watching every single episode in a row come the 26th.
Call off sick, or Gob and Lindsay will do the chicken dance at you!

Still, for thread's sake, an individual episode at a time would be good.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what I absolutely love?

To say Bob Loblaw out loud. Just love it, it's such a great name to say.

tumblr_lmebs6IYwm1qc7ctto1_400.jpg

Bob Loblaw.

how
They also refer needing
Andy for a lawyer
, something that doesn't resurface until season 3. My mind was blown.

Also Bob loblaw's law blog.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Since I'll probably end up watching it this way, yeah I'm probably gonna make a similar thread. I've really enjoyed the episode by episode discussion in the other thread and watching them one by one personally.
Do it.

The Official Arrested Development Season 4 |OT| of taking it one episode at a time. *Insert funny AD reference here*

Divius

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmebs6IYwm1qc7ctto1_400.jpg[IMG]

Bob Loblaw.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QnZsWZF.png
*article also available on Bow Loblaw's Law Blog

TUSR

Banned
Sorry for the dense post

Do it.

The Official Arrested Development Season 4 |OT| of taking it one episode at a time. *Insert funny AD reference here*

According to Hurwitz and co, there isn't exactly a way to chronologically watch it without having to jump between episodes. If you watch it from 1-15 you are going to end up a bit confused at some parts and have to piece it together.

Why is "Pet Groomers" on the same page as (and listed after) "Private Investigators"?

I'll tell you why!

If you notice the name of the company, Blendin. Its a joke itself and is featured on many different vans throughout the show. http://arresteddevelopment.wikia.com/wiki/Blendin

Bob Loblaw.

If you listen closely, a song similar macarena is playing in the background for Bob Loblaw's commercial.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The Official Arrested Development Season 4 |OT| Portia looks great/terrible!
It needs to have "single episode at a time" in the title too to differentiate it from the official season overall thread.

According to Hurwitz and co, there isn't exactly a way to chronologically watch it without having to jump between episodes. If you watch it from 1-15 you are going to end up a bit confused at some parts and have to piece it together.
I don't want to work for the show. I just want to watch and not keep changing between episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom