• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

ciFofk5.jpg

I wouldn't even be surprised if this used this tbh.

Platy

honestly they should just turn her into poison ivy at this point with the amount of pull she has over dudes.

I was thinking more of

Oliver : I need to catch a movie with Tea .. what time the movie starts ?

Felicity : Let me hack the FBI to see if I can get the time for you

All Felicity all the time! Her fans and Olicity shippers wish it and their wishes are Guggie's command.

The people behind the show seem smart enough to fix the character stuff that didn't work last season (Weeping Felicity for example). I'm just worried that the best writers/directors went over to Flash or Legends of Tomorrow.

Still, I can believe the show can improve over last season.

As some of us had to repeatedly say last season, this is not what caused Arrow's shittiness, the only one that really went over was Andrew Kreisberg since he was The Flash's primary show runner. Everyone else was pretty much the same.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Greatest OT of all time?

Why yes it is.

So is it worth it get through season 3? I loved this show season 1 and 2 but couldn't sit week to week in s3.
Just binge it through, that way you won't have time to ponder on the bad stuff.

ZeroX03

Banned
I still believe that S3 had a lot of good ideas and just fumbled the execution of most of them. The theme of identity is something the show needed to process and while we're now at Green Arrow (yay!), I don't think we're we need to be with Oliver Queen just yet. Especially as Felicity now wears the financial pants in the relationship.

Laurel and Speedy get slow heroic transformations, which makes sense instead of becoming overnight sensations. Speedy's got Lazarus repercussions too so maybe we'll get a bit of a Dick and Damien thing going on with her and Ollie which would be awesome. Diggle finally stopped putting up with Oliver's bullshit. Merlyn will continue to swiggity swagger all over the show, which is honestly a little pointless but it's Barrowman so I'll take it. Nyssa can finally get laid again. Lance gets to call everyone out on their shit. Mostly happy where everyone ended up after S3, it just wasn't very fun getting there.

I still believe that S3 had a lot of good ideas and just fumbled the execution of most of them. The theme of identity is something the show needed to process and while we're now at Green Arrow (yay!), I don't think we're we need to be with Oliver Queen just yet. Especially as Felicity now wears the financial pants in the relationship.
What are you looking for when you say that we're not where we need to be at with Ollie?

I'm all for character development, but I really hope we never get goatee hippie Green Arrow. I'm super happy with Green "Not Batman" Arrow

ZeroX03

Banned
What are you looking for when you say that we're not where we need to be at with Ollie?

I'm all for character development, but I really hope we never get goatee hippie Green Arrow. I'm super happy with Green "Not Batman" Arrow

Oh fuck super hippie Green Arrow don't get me wrong, but Oliver Queen is still barely a character. We've got a guy who's Star City royalty with big connections, sway and family/Palmer/Merlyn money and he's spent the last two seasons in the hideout. Comes back to Barry's lines from the crossover...

tumblr_inline_ng3hgqNrB11shrb8p.gif
tumblr_inline_ng3hh2UjmN1shrb8p.gif

Looks like they're trying to fix that a bit with the political plot and the Green Arrow identity but it's still half measures. Ray was actively trying to help the city as both the ATOM and his civilian identity but Oliver still pretty much just defaults to the Arrow for everything.

The juxtaposition between Ray and Oliver would have worked a lot better if the Felicity love triangle wasn't a huge distraction.

guek

Banned
Felicity and Ollie's relationship got obnoxious but she's still a cutie. Skye Daisy still #1 though

Rooster12

Finished the third season finally.

Basically, it wasn't as bad as people said. Since Oliver and Felicity didn't really get together until way later in the season, but it's definitely much, much worse than season 2.

There were still a lot of good episodes, especially The Climb, which to me is the best Arrow episode of all time.

The final 3 episodes however, is probably the worst finale I've ever seen for any TV show. That was a big-ass troll job done by the writers, good job Marc Guggenheim.

Oddduck

Do I need to watch Flash and Legends of Tomorrow as well?

Amell has referred to them all as one big show. Lots of interconnected plots this year. Take that as you will.

I know how much people love the Arrowverse, but I still think interconnecting everything is a recipe for a jumbled mess. This is only my opinion, but having "lots of interconnected plots" across three shows will result in sloppy continuity, disjointed storytelling, and too much fan service.

It's already very challenging to maintain quality across a 22-23 episode season, which typically results in a lot of filler episodes. But now you want to interconnect all these shows's events and plots together? Ehhh...I guess it's good for CW because a shared universe = audiences will be watching all three shows.

I think Netflix will do a better job when it comes to pulling off a shared television universe. Netflix only orders 13 episodes per show (Daredevil, Jessica Jones) and the seasons aren't released at the same time, which makes it easier for writers to plan everything carefully.

One last thing: I think Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Kreisberg are juggling way too many DC shows at this point. It's turning into Seth MacFarlane syndrome where he had Family Guy, American Dad, and Cleveland Show all running at the same time, with different showrunners. Or when The Simpsons had a noticeable decline in quality once Matt Groening focused his attention more on Futurama in 1999-2000.

Also, can we expect Arrow's production budget to continue shrinking now that CW is funding four comic book shows?

JDSN

Banned
Ready for the hatewatch and Magnegro. They are gonna make Constantine fall in love with Felicity for sure.

ZeroX03

Banned
I know how much people love the Arrowverse, but I still think interconnecting everything is a recipe for a jumbled mess. This is only my opinion, but having "lots of interconnected plots" across three shows will result in sloppy continuity, disjointed storytelling, and too much fan service.

It's already very challenging to maintain quality across a 22-23 episode season, which typically results in a lot of filler episodes. But now you want to interconnect all these shows's events and plots together? Ehhh...I guess it's good for CW because a shared universe = audiences will be watching all three shows.

I think Netflix will do a better job when it comes to pulling off a shared television universe. Netflix only orders 13 episodes per show (Daredevil, Jessica Jones) and the seasons aren't released at the same time, which makes it easier for writers to plan everything carefully.

One last point: I think Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Kreisberg are juggling way too many DC shows at this point. It's turning into Seth MacFarlane syndrome where he had Family Guy, American Dad, and Cleveland Show all running at the same time, with different showrunners. Or when The Simpsons quality had a noticeable decline in quality once Matt Groening focused his attention more on Futurama in 1999-2000.

Well I think the idea is that most of the interconnected elements will converge in episodes 8 and then Legends of Tomorrow will pick up the slack and the other two shows can be more focused from there. Also gives them something to do in the first half of the season when the wheels are turning slowly and it's mostly episodic anyway.

Killing felicity would be dumb because it would make ollie's love life a center plot point again. Leave oliver and felicity as a happy couple for a season or two so hopefully other things can be focused on. Please.

Killing felicity would be dumb because it would make ollie's love life a center plot point again. Leave oliver and felicity as a happy couple for a season or two so hopefully other things can be focused on. Please.

People are letting their hate blind them. It's best to good with this status quo and hope they can annoy you less with it.

I really hope this season shapes up because I really don't want to tolerate Felicity Season 5. They've completely ruined her character for me personally, from a quirky, adorable and fiesty hacker chick to a whiney, sobbing, needy, serial superhero-fucker. I wonder if she's going to find another DC hero to hook up with this season (because of course no way her and Oliver last, need more CW drama).

Also, that Diggle in the Blackneto gear... ugh...

Too beta to get resurrected. Pit only works on alpha.

This made me laugh more than it should have.

Seriously though, I do hope that Malcolm has already resurrected him and he's in training somewhere and will show up midway through the season as a bad ass who takes Roy's place as Arsenal.

Robin in Batman vs. Superman before headlining Nightwing of course.

I don't mind Jaden. I think he's a funny kid. But if he fucks with Nightwing...

This made me laugh more than it should have.

Seriously though, I do hope that Malcolm has already resurrected him and he's in training somewhere and will show up midway through the season as a bad ass who takes Roy's place as Arsenal.

It would be tight if Meryln tried to resurrect Tommy but plot twist, Ra's already resurrected him and brainwashed him to act as a failsafe in case he died.

Joni

One last thing: I think Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Kreisberg are juggling way too many DC shows at this point. It's turning into Seth MacFarlane syndrome where he had Family Guy, American Dad, and Cleveland Show all running at the same time, with different showrunners. Or when The Simpsons had a noticeable decline in quality once Matt Groening focused his attention more on Futurama in 1999-2000.

Also, can we expect Arrow's production budget to continue shrinking now that CW is funding four comic book shows?

Groening had very little to do with the quality of either show.

Should I even watch Season 3 or just check Wikipedia
Just watch it. The characters all have good and important story lines

Kevin

Use to love LOVE this show but season 3 was such a damn let down and the season 4 trailer doesn't give me much hope. I'll continue watching but the quality drop is massive and I'm not expecting season 4 to be any better. I hope I'm wrong! :/

WedgeX

Banned
I want hippie Oliver. It's what really separates him from Batman, and why he becomes the perfect odd couple with Hal who will inevitably be showing up this season.

Penguin

I need to rewatch, but I don't think season 3 is terrible/awful.

Step down from 2 and 1 for sure, and a ton more inconsistent, but I had fun with it for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom