• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

jokkir

^Love that. Wish I could do digital art. Maybe I'll teach myself soon since I have a tablet.

New drawing:
3MZaF.jpg

Sketch: Capsule (Japanese electronica band)
Medium: Mechanical pencil
Time: Maybe around 30 minutes?

Taking a break from drawing worked, I think. Looks way better than my recent drawings before that one.

jokkir

New sketch

7o7Am.jpg

Sketch of the day: Command Shepard AKA Shepard Face (redraw)
Time: ~15 minutes

Looks so much better than my first one lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
New character design for Lucha Town, this is Padma, the shaolin monk character

shaolin_08.jpg

^Love that. Wish I could do digital art. Maybe I'll teach myself soon since I have a tablet.

New drawing:
3MZaF.jpg

Sketch: Capsule (Japanese electronica band)
Time: Maybe around 30 minutes?

Taking a break from drawing worked, I think. Looks way better than my recent drawings before that one.

Capsule FTW
I sketched these two pictures of Toshiko after 6 years of not putting pencil to paper
552703_3929185381972_398942049_n_zps480367e2.jpg

(Took ten minutes)

534857_3934446913507_1321427215_n_zps8ad99b25.jpg

(Took 30 minutes)

jokkir

^^ Looks really good!

New sketch:

dopC4.jpg

Sketch of the day: Derek Zoolander
Time: No idea

Have you ever wondered if there's more to life then being really, really, really ridiculously good looking?

Gazunta

Didn't have time to do a colour comic tonight but hey, something is up. That's better than it not being online at all, right?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thanks for sharing these Gazunta, they always give me a smile. Keep it up!

Raging Spaniard

Some Chrono Trigger fanart, because hey, sometimes you gotta scratch that itch

lucca.jpg

Gazunta

Another day, another comic. Aw yeah!

I'm also having a competition for some lucky person to win the date with Sally and appear in the comic at a later date...any ArtGAF person brave enough to enter? :)

Prax

Another day, another comic. Aw yeah!

I'm also having a competition for some lucky person to win the date with Sally and appear in the comic at a later date...any ArtGAF person brave enough to enter? :)

How do I win stuff? I like winning things. LOL
Can I hook Sally up with one of my many uhm.. .. GREAT characters? XD

Also, I haven't had time to draw anything serious lately. They have mostly been doodles like these pairing-related Fire Emblem stuff:
fe9_10_pairings_and_castor_alone_lol_by_meibatsu-d5gwclb.jpg

rath_and_wil_to_the_end_lol_by_meibatsu-d5gx49l.jpg

fe7_otp_by_meibatsu-d5hi3vr.jpg

I wanted to draw actual things I feel obligated to do earlier today, but I got distracted with the Obsidian kickstarter and ... GAF in general. >_>
I did manage to do this to end my day though:
under_the_circumstances_by_meibatsu-d5i2clx.png

And now... TIME TO SLEEP~!

Gazunta

How do I win stuff? I like winning things. LOL
Can I hook Sally up with one of my many uhm.. .. GREAT characters? XD
Haha, sure, why not. Just show me a name and a face I can use :)

Tonight's comic was done super quick because I'm trying to finish off a four page story for a local anthology in time for next month's convention. GOD YES COMIC CONVENTION CAN'T WAIT YESSSSSS

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Good stuff, everyone! Cool to see this thread so active. :)

I wish I could say I found the time to be actually productive too, but instead all I did between sessions of playing Dishonored was draw some fanart, lol.

Raging Spaniard

Couple of new things. A monster concept for Ginger Steve (a fantasy game Im thinking about) and the finished painting for Padma, one of my Lucha Town characters :)

maneater_nerd.jpg

padma.jpg

Prax

Buuhhh..
Some Spirit Day stuff! XD
I like trying to participate in this, but I always forget until last minute! Good thing DeviantArt reminds me with their annoying banners.. lol So here's a quick image~!

spirit_day_2012_by_meibatsu-d5if1q6.png

Dysta's a spirit that takes on human-like form after she falls across the planes.
If she were a spirit of something, it would be of friendship or alliances, so she seemed suitable for this!

Anyway, I'll be back.. with more serious or effortful stuff later!

Swig_

I just bought an Intuos3 tablet and for some reason, in Photoshop CS6the tilt function isn't working. It works in Painter12, however. I've messed with the Brush Dynamics settings, but when I click to enable tilt, a little warning triangle shows and up and says that I need a pressure sensitive tablet.

Anyone ever dealt with this? I got the pressure sensitivity for brush size to work, but tilt will just not start working. I had to install an older driver to get the tablet to work properly with Win7.

bkw

Anyone have any recommendations on a vector drawing program for the mac? I know there's Illustrator/Fireworks, but I'm looking for something cheaper for now (sub $100). Something like Pixelmator but for vector drawing.

mikeGFG

Banned
Good stuff, everyone! Cool to see this thread so active. :)

I wish I could say I found the time to be actually productive too, but instead all I did between sessions of playing Dishonored was draw some fanart, lol.

yo this is sick, dude.

are you using photoshop or something else?

jokkir

Forgot to post this yesterday:

QTUye.jpg

Taeyang (Korean music artist, member of Big Bang and he did that Wedding Dress song a while back)

Thinking of trying to add color to my drawings but it'll probably turn out bad lol

Loxley

Would any of you happen to know of any artist blogs or YouTube channels where the artist uploads video-capture of them working? I've recently become fascinated with watching videos of digital painting, with the artist starting off with a sketch and going all the way to finished color.

Stuff along the lines of this.

daedalius

Something from a bit ago.

Got the 24HD Wacom, awesome tablet, don't like the button layout at all though. Now using my 360 controller for my photoshop buttons.

Doing some art for Warmachine's magazine, No Quarter; will see if I can post it once I am done.

Also got a cover deal for a wargame that is pretty popular, NDA on that one though :)

A self portrait I did yesterday. I'm still no good at coloring. I need to practice more
20c.jpg

fake edit:
it looks a whole lot more purple on my monitor than it does on my cintiq... Hmm :1

kage

Hey guys.

I'm considering getting a Cintiq 24hd after years of using Intous... I'm just wondering, anyone here made that shift and didn't like it?

I've had a chance to try the 24hd at a convention recently, unfortunately it was connected to a mac mini and the performance was ass. Overall it did not feel right. I'm blaming it on the mini for now.

But maybe I got so used to using tablets that on-screen drawing felt off. I'm just wondering if anyone here had a similar experience by any chance.

Gazunta

Quoting for new page because :mad:
Do you have a system where you can have a second monitor as well as your Cintiq? I ask because I was iffy on using a Cintiq myself until I started using it with a second monitor. I had the zoom in on the art on the Cintiq and the 'complete' image on the second monitor for reference.

These days I can draw just as quickly - and much cleaner! - using a Cintiq as I do with pen and paper. I love it.

OK and here's a new comic.

Top Bottom