• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer |OT| iOS Deck Building

Not sure how to link the rotated picture, haha but:

scaled.php

This game was insane, Jesse's round 14 was like 20 cards long, and involved an Avatar and the draw 2 Dragon as well.

Still squeaked out the win :p

sorry man! Great game.

Nobiru said:
Not sure how to link the rotated picture, haha but:

scaled.php

This game was insane, Jesse's round 14 was like 20 cards long, and involved an Avatar and the draw 2 Dragon as well.

Still squeaked out the win :p

sorry man! Great game.

Yes, that was a winning final hand. Our last few games have been awful close.

soldat7

eznark said:
I'm really surprised and disappointed they haven't added any sort of tracking or communication features to this yet.

My hope is that they'll roll stuff like this out when the expansion is released this fall...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sweet -- expansion is nice; looking forward to having it on iOS. Shuffling all the cards can be a slight pain though. :p

AstroLad said:
Sweet -- expansion is nice; looking forward to having it on iOS. Shuffling all the cards can be a slight pain though. :p

Yeah, the deck is getting to be the size of Munchkin deck with the expansions. I got one of those automatic card shuffling for Munchkin and it comes in handy for Ascension. I don't know about the expansion. I play couple of games with my son and there just seem to be more "random" chance and luck with Return of the Fallen. (I still LOL at that name). Many of the cards have "Do X, when card reveal" and I find it to be quite distracting.

jessecuster said:
Yeah that sucks. I am in a bad losing streak recently, the cards are just not falling my way.

Ive been rockin nearly all my games lately (oh my god, I hope I didnt just jinx it), its been great for me, ive pulled some shitty ones out into wins, its been awesome.

Which is nice, since ive been in last or second last in all of my Carc games the past 2 weeks....

edit: Im not counting the loss I just had against Kosh as jinxing it! Im pretty sure that ones been a lost cause for a couple days now :p

I have a current game going with someone on this board who's posted in the past few pages, and it's extremely interesting.

I don't want to say who because I don't want to spoil what they're doing for someone else or future games, but, I haven't seen anyone else play this way.

For the person, we have 38 honor points left. I'm interested to see how this works for you. :)

galvatron

bigwinnerx said:
I have a current game going with someone on this board who's posted in the past few pages, and it's extremely interesting.

I don't want to say who because I don't want to spoil what they're doing for someone else or future games, but, I haven't seen anyone else play this way.

For the person, we have 38 honor points left. I'm interested to see how this works for you. :)

I'm guessing it's Kennah...

Kosh

Might be me, our game is really strange right now. Only 33 VPs left, and I have zero VPs at this point. lol

kennah

galvatron said:
I'm guessing it's Kennah...
Not me. I pretty much just play with you galvwily.

I keep meaning to post the picture where the only card I had was a Ygradsl Staff and lost by one point.

AzureSky

Did they pull the lite version? Cant find it in AppStore and the link on the first page is broken.
I'm new to card games and would like to try a demo before i buy.

eznark

Banned
Someone sent me a message in a Carc game that some games were waiting on me. I've gotten no notifications and when I log in I see nothing, so I have no idea what is up. If you're waiting on me or something, go ahead and delete and retry to invite.

Sorry, guys!

Huff

Banned
AzureSky said:
Did they pull the lite version? Cant find it in AppStore and the link on the first page is broken.
I'm new to card games and would like to try a demo before i buy.

No demo anymore because it was basically the full game just without the online I think.

It's fun and simple to learn. Easily worth the 5 dollars.

Kosh

eznark said:
Someone sent me a message in a Carc game that some games were waiting on me. I've gotten no notifications and when I log in I see nothing, so I have no idea what is up. If you're waiting on me or something, go ahead and delete and retry to invite.

Sorry, guys!

Yeah, that was me. I went ahead and deleted them already. I'll start some more up later today.

Kosh said:
Yeah, that was me. I went ahead and deleted them already. I'll start some more up later today.

Yeah, that 4 player one was up for nearly 2 weeks! heh.

as a side note, im sorry for declining all your Carc games Kosh, Im trying to get my games in that down to zero, before I start any new ones :p.

Will do, but I dont think I will be joining any games with more than 3 people for a while, when you go beyond that its pretty impossible to plan anything.

It seems like both Carc and Ascension are like that, I might even try to focus more on just 1 on 1 matches, thats where im having the most fun in Ascension.

I tried to start up some Ascension games, but, seems anything over 2 players stalls. Not sure why.

Carc games usually keep up though. Maybe the lack of stats has in people's minds they can do whatever since there's no ELO.

Darb

Neo Member
I apologize to whomever I had pending matches with for the last few weeks. I never received any push notifications and didn't boot up the game until yesterday.

Apath

Want to try this, but not willing to put up $5 for something I may end up playing twice and never again.

Forkball

I got this game recently and it's pretty fun. I expected it to be a traditional deck building game, but the fusion of board game and inpromptu deck building is pretty fun. It keeps the game simple yet everyone still has their own playstyles and strategies. The card art is also really unique, I kinda of wish there were more cards just so I could see more of the art.

Kosh said:
Good game, Ray. I thought for sure you'd have more points, cant believe we were even.

Sorry, been moving to my new apartment, so I havent been on GAF as much, but holy shit yeah, that was a close game. It said I won on my screen, even though we both had 84 points, heh.

Lots of good games for me lately, lost a couple recently though.

Finally got my name change on here too, so now RaySpencer = Ray.Spencer [GC]

edit:

Forkball said:
I got this game recently and it's pretty fun. I expected it to be a traditional deck building game, but the fusion of board game and inpromptu deck building is pretty fun. It keeps the game simple yet everyone still has their own playstyles and strategies. The card art is also really unique, I kinda of wish there were more cards just so I could see more of the art.

This game is really awesome, but the major issue with it, is that with the middle cards being random, its really hard to set up different strats like in Dominion, in this you kinda build what it gives you, and hope you get lucky.

Its weird how adding some randomness seems to make it less random, haha.

Kosh

RaySpencer said:
Sorry, been moving to my new apartment, so I havent been on GAF as much, but holy shit yeah, that was a close game. It said I won on my screen, even though we both had 84 points, heh.

The win goes to whoever went last if the score is tied. I actually looked that up in the rule book of the physical game to make sure that was right.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Kosh said:
The win goes to whoever went last if the score is tied. I actually looked that up in the rule book of the physical game to make sure that was right.
It's actually "last player to start his first turn." So yeah unlike Dominion it actually sucks to go early in turn order. Especially because ties happen pretty frequently in the base game.

Kosh

Seems like the servers are down at the moment. I'm also having trouble with Gamecenter loading very slowly.

heringer

Thinking about getting this. Did they take the Lite version out of the store? :(

So, I'm a noob in this kind of game. Played a little of Shadow Era and didn't really understand the mechanics all that well. The interface was a little cumbersome on my iPhone too.

Is this better for a noob like me? I understand that in Shadow Era you collect cards while in Ascension you build your deck from the same pool, but are there any other differences that I should know about?

Also, is it a good time to buy this, since I read there's an expansion coming and all?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's easier than Shadow Era and definitely more noob friendly. Check out the rules online if you like -- it's a very straightforward game you can probably learn fully in 10m.

galvatron

My bad Jesse. My game list got rearranged just as I was clicking forfeit on some long dormant game. The game had an interesting start...

Top Bottom