• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer |OT| iOS Deck Building

Kosh

Ha! It does seem to happen quite a bit. Good game, another close one!

They really need to hurry up with that expansion.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I always bitch about how long Carc takes between updates (it's kind of a joke) but yet no one has even come close to catching up to Carc in terms of functionality and presentation. :p

Its true, but still, a well established game, with (if im counting the wikipedia page right) 20 expansions (full and mini). fucking put some of that shit in already!

Just finished a game in real time with AstroLad...so damn close...70-75 with AstroLad winning. I think I screamed out loud after the results.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kryptikjoker said:
Just finished a game in real time with AstroLad...so damn close...70-75 with AstroLad winning. I think I screamed out loud after the results.
hahah yeah i had a good steal that game late too

kennah

For the record, Doc Wily, I'm at work right now and you're really distracting :p

(Great game on that last one though)

Talk to one of the guy that develop the game at PAX and I bought a table top version along with expansion pack. It play well on iOS but tabletop definitely better.

Anyway, he mentions that expansion pack Return of the Fallen is coming soonish...

Huff

Banned
Sorry to any games I've been holding up. I had been bored of the game for a while now, and just picked it back up today. Not sure how long my interest will stay with it, but I'm back in for now.

Maybe if we got an update (hint hint in case some of the devs are reading) I would stay involved.

Yeah I thought you had me on that 2nd one.

As long as I do not play galvatron or Nobiru, I think I am pretty confident. Those two guys though, they are my achilles heel.

jessecuster said:
Yeah I thought you had me on that 2nd one.

As long as I do not play galvatron or Nobiru, I think I am pretty confident. Those two guys though, they are my achilles heel.

heh, im not in the tourney anyway! :'(

I missed out on both this one, and the Carc one!

Im really trying to mix it up in a lot of my games now, its fun trying to go all (or focus at least) on all Void or Enlightened. The randomness is something I really enjoy, but I do wish there was something similar out there that felt a lot less random.

ultron87

Is it just me or is it literally impossible to select the highest difficulty level for a computer player on an iPod/iPhone?

TheBez

The few online games I've played it allows me to just keep taking my turn until the game is over. What's up with that?

octobot

jessecuster said:
Congratulations Octobot, very well played games.

you crushed me in the first match, i won a squeaker of a second and after the first few rounds i knew i had lost the last one. some really great games.

teebs33

Neo Member
Picked this up over the weekend at PAX after a demo from one of the merchant booths. Love it so far.

Add

Teebs33 | Teebs33

octobot

jessecuster said:
He has it backwards, he won.

I only won the 2nd game.

lol not true! we played 4 games total. i lost the first and third and won the second and fourth (the fourth game not couting).

octobot said:
lol not true! we played 4 games total. i lost the first and third and won the second and fourth (the fourth game not couting).

You really must have me confused with someone else. I lost that 3rd game, by about the 3rd round. I was playing catch up the whole time and never could actually catch up.

If you want to start over, and play our best of 3 games new, I am fine with that.

octobot

jessecuster said:
You really must have me confused with someone else. I lost that 3rd game, by about the 3rd round. I was playing catch up the whole time and never could actually catch up.

If you want to start over, and play our best of 3 games new, I am fine with that.

you are certain you didnt win the first game we played?

octobot

ok so first game won by octobot. it was a close one, i was surprised at the number of monsters that were in the center. i was close to going into damage but thought that there wouldnt be enough to sustain it. very close game. on to game two!

game two easily won by jessecuster3 (88 to 69) on to the final match!

last match down to the wire. but jessecuster comes out on top! congrats!

octobot

jessecuster said:
Whoo, I had no idea who won that last one until it was over!

i know, it was a good way to end. didnt know which of us was going to come out on top. good games all around.

octobot

kryptikjoker said:
I'm sooo confused. But it sounds like jessecuster is the winner?

yes. what happened is we played a bunch of games earlier, but we each though the other won. so we decided to play another best of 3. which we just finished and jessecuster won and is the new chapmion!

galvatron

Congrats on taking the tourney, Jesse! Great showing by Octobot as well by getting to the finals again despite the format change.

Close game Jesse! you had one super huge turn late in the game that did it for you.

Avatar into a Hedron Link or Canon I think. It was huge, I was pretty sure I lost right when that turned happened :p

at least, I think that happened in our game, it happened in one of the games ive been playing, haha.

eznark

Banned
I'm really surprised and disappointed they haven't added any sort of tracking or communication features to this yet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, uh, I've noticed that the orange AI constantly goes for monster-killing decks. Even when I get shitty draws or play a bad game and lose (pretty rarely, I'm beating the AI about 80-90% of the time), I still spank the AI on deck-based honor.

Kinda wish there was a third level AI that actually had emergent strategy :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My record in a 3-player game:
7bfKC.jpg

(had 9 constructs out for most of the game)

Top Bottom