• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer |OT| iOS Deck Building

Berksy

brohuffman: 68
Berksy: 79

You missed this match. We talked about it at the thread earlier but we were a bit vague i guess :lol

galvatron

GG Astrolad. I think I was behind for about 80% of that one...at least it felt that way. Didn't help my perception any that I was dropping games left and right to random people last night.

Astrolad: 67
Galvatron: 80

Kosh

Group D

Kosh - 109
Roodiculous - 78

Good game, Rood.

Still waiting for Flunkie to accept my friend request.

soldat7 said:
soldat7 78, jonbones 68

Great game and great push right there at the end.

You guys already played a match earlier. :) The tournament is set up so that each person plays against the people in their group once.

soldat7

kryptikjoker said:
You guys already played a match earlier. :) The tournament is set up so that each person plays against the people in their group once.

Nah, I've played Octobot and Jon Bones once each.

Str0ngStyle, are you out there? Sent a GC friend request.

octobot

soldat7 said:

Strong has started a game with me, but it's still in round one. Hopefully it's just a time sync up issue and we can get our match done soon:)

soldat7 said:

Went back through, and yup! You're right. Got a few names mixed up.

The most current leaderboard standing can be found here:

Click here to view the tournament structure.

I've gone through the thread and updated the standings, so let me know if there are some results that I've missed.

Flunkie said:
Yeah right! Maybe on your part! :p I was basically stumbling through the whole thing. Any type of strategy I had was wrecked from the get-go. :lol

Part of what I enjoy about Ascension is that general strategies can change with every random string of cards. You'll see in some games that the tableau is filled with monsters and all you've been hoarding are production oriented card and you end up biting yourself in the ass if you haven't built a balanced deck. I'm really digging this game. :)

Ferrio

Banned
So I've been playing a shit ton of this during my month absence. I thought it was a great game at first, but after all the matches I've played.. it seems the randomness really really kills it. It makes some cards extremely powerful (especially if you get them the first turn). Mostly the draw cards. Stuff like "Arbiter of the Precipice" is just game breakingly powerful if scored early in the game IMO. Which ever player is able to get enough deck cycle control cards early on, they've pretty much won the game since they can control the pace, and have a better likely hood of scoring good cards.

Cards that are just way too good:

-Seer of the Forked Pat (should be more expensive)
-Arbiter of the Precipice (Best card in the game hands down. Should be more expensive, it's priced lower than "Ascetic of the Lidless Eye" and is better...)
-Temple Librarian (not as good as the above too, but still great for it's price)
-Sea Tyrant (The *only* way to get rid of constructs effectively.)

Cards that suck horribly:

-Cetra, Waever of Stars (seriously what a POS)
- Mechana Initiate (other than discard fodder it's pretty useless.)
-Xeron, Duke of Lies (in a 1v1 game it's too much of a crapshoot)

I still like the game, it's just really flawed compared to something like Dominion. Usually within the first 5 turns you can predict who's going to win. I have had some good close games, but most are usually one sided either in my favor or my opponent. And once you start getting behind in the game, it's pretty hard to rebound back.

Ferrio

Banned
jessecuster said:
Funny that you forgot Flytrap Witch that early game can win a game for you.

It's a good card too, but it costs 5 so there's less of a chance to get it within the first couple of rounds.

The most current leaderboard standing can be found here:

It looks like we're down to the wire, with 2 games left to be played in group A. Any updates on those games? Looking to move to the elimination bracket within the next 1-2 days. If we don't receive results on those matches, I'll just determine them to be draws and 1 point will be given for draws. Also, it looks like we have a tie in group B between galvatron and jessecuster. Could you two play a tie-breaker match to determine your seed for the elimination portion?

I decide to just buy the game, its only 5 bucks.

Luckily its awesome! yay! Not quite as good as dominion, but its 5 dollars and I can play it anywhere, with anyone. Still dont have any sort of strategy in mind when I play though, might take a few more games :p

Ray.Spencer [GC]

I'm still loving this game, and its a fine example of what a card game should be on the ipad. To all the new buyers feel free to add me on gamecenter and send me a game invite - id is Kaidfather

Alright bought.

Looks like I already have 12 of you from Carc. Anyone else can add me. Bigwinnerx.

Need to get my sea legs first.

You guys do 2 3 and 4 player games? Im about to start up with a few people. Carc I usually do 3 player games now, will prob do the same here if that's kosher.

And found ray.spencer had already sent me a game invite. Nice one. Didn't get a notification if I was supposed to, so, sorry for the delay.

bigwinnerx said:
And found ray.spencer had already sent me a game invite. Nice one. Didn't get a notification if I was supposed to, so, sorry for the delay.

Heh, no worries man. Ive just been starting up 1v1 games with everyone on my list. I Gotta get more games in to work on some strats!

jessecuster said:
Are we almost ready to start the next round?

Just got my physical copy, today!

Congrats on getting a real copy! The game is so fun when you can actually get that tactile feel to the cards. We're starting the next round now! Look below for the link to the elimination bracket:

I did have to give players some losses, which affected the rankings. Remember, this elimination round is best 2 out of 3, so please report your games accordingly. Good luck!

Nice game Kosh, you had some amazing turns. I couldnt believe how many constructs you got set up.

I need to work on some strategy! I wing it a lot :p

Kosh

Yep, good game. During your last turn, you should have taken the 6 cost/point construct. The game was over at the end of your turn and it was the highest points you could have got.

I usually watch the total amount of victory points, it's starts at 60 for a two player game. For the first half of the game, I concentrate on building my deck with synergy cards no matter how many points they are worth. Then once the victory points hit half of what they started at, I just take the highest amount of points I can get with my current rune and power points. Hope that makes sense.

Top Bottom