• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ash Ketchum the 10 year old that is stronger than you.

daveo42

Banned
12799894805_e9e47670f7_o.jpg

So Ash is a day walker

...who is insanely ripped. Makes perfect sense to me.

Aselith

Was awesome topic.

Wild VG Cats comic appears with 16 panels.

Topic ruined forever

Yeah tripping balls part made no sense at all. He would be tripping over balls. I realize the joke he was making but usually you want something like that to be a double entendre. A single entendre is just...dumb.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Pikachu is 6kg and sitting on his head like all the time.

Aselith

Pikachu is 6kg and sitting on his head like all the time.

Maybe he used his Pokemans for resistance training and that's why he's so strong. Like maybe he doesn't even WANT to win the championship, it's just a front cause he doesn't want people to realize he's weak and what he's really doing is working his way through the Pokeman weight classes.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Maybe the anime weight exchange rate is really weak compared to reality.

I saw an Aggron fall over onto its trainer once, and the trainer just looked mildly perturbed. Aggron weighs 793.7 lbs (360 kg), I would probably have my legs crushed after that.

Maybe the anime weight exchange rate is really weak compared to reality.

I saw an Aggron fall over onto its trainer once, and the trainer just looked mildly perturbed. Aggron weighs 793.7 lbs (360 kg), I would probably have my legs crushed after that.
I was going to suggest the gravity must be pretty weak. Also the escape velocity must be pretty low given how easy it is to make Team Rocket blast off again.

flohen95

Wait Ash is only 10 years old

Jesus wtf

Yes, as stated here (Season 1, Episode 1) and, much, much later (Season 14, Episode 1 or, absolute, Episode 661), here. Though it's inconsistent in not only that it's physically impossible, but also in that Ash at one point (I think the end of season one) states that it's been a year since he started travelling with Pikachu (hence he should be 11 by then).

But, you know, logic on a show for kids thats full of fictional material and all of that stuff. His age might as well have never been stated. It's not like the show cares about it (and I don't, either).

salromano

None of this show makes sense. Ash's mom let him leave the house to travel the world by himself when he was 10 years old.

Now we're over 800 episodes in and he's still 10 years old.

Tunahead

It's simple, really: The Pokedex is bullshit.

The Pokedex reads exactly like a Pokemon wiki maintained exclusively by small children, which is appropriate, because that's what it is. It claims Wailord weighs something ludicrous like 10kg and that there's a Pokemon who's literally God and some Pokemon will steal your soul or whatever. It might as well claim that the Phil Collins song In The Air Tonight is about the time a Gulpin watched a woman drown, or that if you say "Slowpoke" into a mirror five times, a Slowpoke will move into your home and hog all the blankets.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's simple, really: The Pokedex is bullshit.
The Pokedex reads exactly like a Pokemon wiki maintained exclusively by small children, which is appropriate, because that's what it is. It claims Wailord weighs something ludicrous like 10kg and that there's a Pokemon who's literally God and some Pokemon will steal your soul or whatever. It might as well claim that the Phil Collins song In The Air Tonight is about the time a Gulpin watched a woman drown, or that if you say "Slowpoke" into a mirror five times, a Slowpoke will move into your home and hog all the blankets.

You may joke, but I couldn't get him to leave for weeks.

Davey Cakes

None of this show makes sense. Ash's mom let him leave the house to travel the world by himself when he was 10 years old.

Now we're over 800 episodes in and he's still 10 years old.
Over 800?

That's insane.

I knew it was a lot but haven't checked in a while. I only watched the show in its first season and for a tiny bit of the second.

So like where the hell does all that water inside a water pokemon come from? How can a small ass Squirtle constantly dish out hydro pumps one after the other?

Top Bottom