• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ash Ketchum the 10 year old that is stronger than you.

kabel

So like where the hell does all that water inside a water pokemon come from? How can a small ass Squirtle constantly dish out hydro pumps one after the other?

Ash needs to refill them regularly with hydrogen. Every Pokecenter has it.

Then the pokemagic happens.
H2 + O(from the air) = H2O.

Kansoku

If he learn a thing or two from another dimension he might start winning shit...

tumblr_n2wafqxYZX1sjyo6co1_250.gif

List_of_Digimon_Data_Squad_episodes_22.jpg

flohen95

Over 800?

That's insane.

I knew it was a lot but haven't checked in a while. I only watched the show in its first season and for a tiny bit of the second.

17 seasons/846 episodes as of now (in Japan), with more to come. That's one season for every year since the anime started airing in 1997 in Japan, and there's also been 17 Pokémon movies, which means one movie per season and thus per year (which will probably continue, seeing as season 17 is almost finished and an 18th movie already announced for 2015). There's also some TV specials that don't count towards the normal episode count iirc. It's pretty crazy.

Some Nobody

Yeah tripping balls part made no sense at all. He would be tripping over balls. I realize the joke he was making but usually you want something like that to be a double entendre. A single entendre is just...dumb.

No. No. You're trying too hard. The entire joke is "bitch be tripping balls". It's funny because of the silliness of the statement.

Case in point. That "cut the comic in half, it's better" trick people usually try turns it into unfunny trash. Without "bitch be tripping balls!", it's just Ash whining about Team Rocket.

Aselith

No. No. You're trying too hard. The entire joke is "bitch be tripping balls". It's funny because of the silliness of the statement.

Actually he was trying too hard to get to "bitch be tripping balls." Trying so hard in fact that he used a nonsense statement to get there and even when oak said it...yeah, still a single entrende. It's just not a well constructed joke regardless of the silliness which it's frankly not that silly. It's about on the level of some 70 year old grandpa that thinks he's still hip to the lingo.

StoneFox

May used to wear her Beautifly on her head. You know, a 60 pound butterfly.

I don't think there's a real concept of weight in the Pokemon universe.

12279568260037.jpg

Relativ9

I'm with you on the last two (at least if he's holding them up over an extended period), but 16kg is anything but impossible. Sure it's a stretch to think a 10 year old would lift it one handed with such ease. But a grown man should definitely not have much of a problem.

Eusis

May used to wear her Beautifly on her head. You know, a 60 pound butterfly.

I don't think there's a real concept of weight in the Pokemon universe.
I'm starting to think living in that universe has forced humans to be able to keep up with them and effectively all become super human. It's also likely why people rarely seem to ever be in actual danger from Pokemon, because they really ARE on another level and just pit them against one another for their amusement.

Kushami

Banned
Breaking down some numbers:

-Ash turns 10 years old in the beginning of episode 1.
-Ash is still 10 as-of the first episode of Pokemon Black and White.
-That's episode 654, US numbering, 658 Japanese.
-If we posit that Ash has been on his Pokemon journey for at least close to a year, this means that he's had almost two complete, crazy, usually life threatening misadventures every day.
-Team Rocket has to think up at least two different mottos a day.
-Misty only hung out with them for a couple months.
-Ash has discovered tons of Pokemon species - perhaps even tripled the known amount in less than a year.
-Think about how unfair it is to tell a kid there's only 150 Pokemon and then keep adding in Pokemon every few months to make the goal unattainable.
-This isn't even thinking about the episodes which happen over the span of more than one day.
-The amount of stuff Ash does in a single day only grows as the show continues.

If you think about it from this perspective, he's not quite a shitty trainer after all.

Someone should try to extrapolate a year tmeline off of this. Hahaha.

Painguy

Most pokemon episodes show events taking place for about 1 whole day, sometimes 2. So if there are around 800 episodes then Ash is supposed to be about 12-13 yrs old

Even if Pokémon weights are disputed, there's one thing that Ash shouldn't be able to carry easily:

185.jpg

186.jpg

Before you ask, he was the only one carrying that log.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Time to put on my PokeNazi hat

And yet a lot of us have become a pokemon master way before he did
Man that hurts, I would be ASHamed of myself if I were him.

FYI you never became a Pokemon Master. Becoming a champion =/= master.

It's an anime only thing and it's a vague goal at most. But it's clear that obtaining all mons or being champ isn't becoming a master.

Also Ash is never an incompetent trainer outside of OS and BW era.

With that said Ash has the most lewdest moments I've seen in a children's show.

Top Bottom