• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ash Ketchum the 10 year old that is stronger than you.

Taikun

FYI you never became a Pokemon Master. Becoming a champion =/= master.

It's an anime only thing and it's a vague goal at most. But it's clear that obtaining all mons or being champ isn't becoming a master.

It's often said that to master a skill, you must practice it for 10,000 hours.

10,000 hours is just under 417 days, well more than the supposed year Ash has been adventuring. Ash's dream of becoming a Pokemon master is impossible for him to achieve.

Yes, as stated here (Season 1, Episode 1) and, much, much later (Season 14, Episode 1 or, absolute, Episode 661), here. Though it's inconsistent in not only that it's physically impossible, but also in that Ash at one point (I think the end of season one) states that it's been a year since he started travelling with Pikachu (hence he should be 11 by then).

But, you know, logic on a show for kids thats full of fictional material and all of that stuff. His age might as well have never been stated. It's not like the show cares about it (and I don't, either).

So he's 12 now

He was travelling for a year

He went to Unova for his birthday

I've played all the games, still don't know the rest of their names besides Misty and May.

Dawn is the female trainer in DPP and the one of the trio of Lucas/Dawn/Barry in the game. If male protagonist she's the professor's assistant.

Iris is the gen 5 dragon type final gym leader in pokemon white and a character in black and the champion in b2w2

Serena is either your main rival or the female choice for trainer

l05Wla4.png

783fdA1.gif

ePhzD7a.jpg

"That's some dirty shit."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So this is becoming that sort of thread huh, time to be careful on waters :p

It's often said that to master a skill, you must practice it for 10,000 hours.

10,000 hours is just under 417 days, well more than the supposed year Ash has been adventuring. Ash's dream of becoming a Pokemon master is impossible for him to achieve.

And Ash is skilled. Can make Red (who is not even the best trainer) cry sideways without even using a legendary.

Master isn't something like that.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Maybe he used his Pokemans for resistance training and that's why he's so strong. Like maybe he doesn't even WANT to win the championship, it's just a front cause he doesn't want people to realize he's weak and what he's really doing is working his way through the Pokeman weight classes.

What if the Pokeballs don't null mass?

Boss Doggie

It's really sad that Ash gets looked down even though he's probably one of the better characters in the show, whereas Gary is looked as king even though he never qualified for Indigo League and Ash kicked his ass so hard he changed careers.

Gary most likely forged badges, committed vandalism, spends grandparent's money without luck, needs ladies to cover his insecurity, and is very pompous.

I don't even really like the anime (well, more like games > anime) but I guess I'm more of a "get your facts straight" kind of guy.

Kinokou

Bass260

Welp, ash could kick my ass.

I know the games and TCG are still popular but do kids still watch the show/movies? Just curious.

It's really sad that Ash gets looked down even though he's probably one of the better characters in the show, whereas Gary is looked as king even though he never qualified for Indigo League and Ash kicked his ass so hard he changed careers.

Gary most likely forged badges, committed vandalism, spends grandparent's money without luck, needs ladies to cover his insecurity, and is very pompous.

I don't even really like the anime (well, more like games > anime) but I guess I'm more of a "get your facts straight" kind of guy.

Didn't he have more than eight badges in Kanto?

That bastard.

Most of us are like Paul, although if w release a pokemon we're not that much of an ass about it. Otherwise many of us are very much like him

tensuke

If he learn a thing or two from another dimension he might start winning shit...

tumblr_n2wafqxYZX1sjyo6co1_250.gif

List_of_Digimon_Data_Squad_episodes_22.jpg

Yeah, Ash may be able to lift logs but he's got nothing on Masaru.
aPTGbk3.gif

Ever see Ash hold his own against Pikachu? Nah, he just gets electrocuted like a bitch. Not like Masaru over here.
FBqT779.gif

He literally punches Digimon to death.
qpb2pGp.gif

And he ain't afraid of no fire.
F7RM5Ms.png

Yeah, Ash may be able to lift logs but he's got nothing on Masaru.
aPTGbk3.gif

Ever see Ash hold his own against Pikachu? Nah, he just gets electrocuted like a bitch. Not like Masaru over here.
FBqT779.gif

He literally punches Digimon to death.
qpb2pGp.gif

And he ain't afraid of no fire.
F7RM5Ms.png

Is that Digimon? Isnt it supposed to be monster vs monster lol?

Boss Doggie

tumblr_napgnuKRDK1tf388eo1_400.gif

fuck dis shit.

Ash x Misty is the only real one here, but of course they had to make Ash some immortal mofo so they could milk the series.

There's no chemistry between Ash and Misty. Misty is just the generic tsundere companion who never had a significant role. Ash got more mileage with May, Dawn and Serena.

But of course blame that on Ash being "immortal" and not her character being terrible. Also OS isn't really that good to begin with. The only time the anime started to become watchable was in AG.

Is that Digimon? Isnt it supposed to be monster vs monster lol?
not really no, evil Digimon couldn't care less about that, it's just that humans are in essence hopeless against Digimon

only Masaru, Taiki and Tagiru are the known humans who fought Digimon head-on because one is hotblooded, one is a genius, and one is an idiot

Top Bottom