Assassin's Creed III [November 2012 - End of Desmond arc]

Mar 20, 2006
6,313
1
1,170
#1
During the GAMEFEST 2011 (ends today) in Spain, Ubisoft has revealed to the site Juegosd some juicy info. They removed the info from the website but someone managed to save the text.

Here it's in spanish:

Ubisoft España ha revelado a JuegosdB -durante el transcurso de Gamefest11- no sólo que en el próximo E3 2012 podremos ver una avance de Assassin’s Creed III, sino que el lanzamiento del juego será para noviembre de 2012.

Como ya sucedió con Assassin’s Creed II, Assassin’s Creed: La Hermandad o va a ocurrir ahora con Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, el juego Assassin’s Creed que cerrará la saga saldrá en el mes de noviembre. Lógicamente la fecha de lanzamiento responde a motivos de marketing pero el mes de noviembre ha dado muchos éxitos a esta franquicia.

Lo que todavía queda en el aire es conocer cuál es la localización del próximo título. Desde Ubisoft España lo único que se ha comentado es: “todavía no podemos desvelar nada, pero sí que es cierto que en Internet están muy cerca de dónde transcurrirá Assassin’s Creed III”. No es esclarecedor, pero al menos sabemos que los rumores y noticias van en una buena dirección aunque no concreten el lugar definitivo.

Además el director creativo Alexandre Amanció comento la relación entre Revelations y la tercera parte de la serie:

"Muchas cosas han empezado a fijarse (...), muchos detalles sobre el final de la línea argumental del mundo en 2012", aseguró Amancio. "Según nos vamos acercando a la fecha de 2012, la franquicia va acercándose al final de su mayor obra".

"Vamos a cerrar todos los arcos argumentales que han estado abiertos y que hemos dejado en el aire, y vamos a revelar no sólo mucho material sobre el argumento de la primera civilización, sino que también vamos a concluir las historias de Ezio y Altair"; aclaró. "Vamos a explicar por qué Ezio es un personaje tan importante para la franquicia, y cuál es su rol en todo lo que pasa en el juego; además del de Altair y del de Desmond".
This is the dead link: http://www.juegosdb.com/lanzamiento-de-assassins-creed-3-pc-ps3-xbox-360/


Take it with a grain of salt, but it makes too much sense to be fake.


Not sure if the end of the current arc means 100% sure that it's the end of Desmond too, but that's what people is reporting.
 
Jun 7, 2004
24,191
0
1,640
#2
Ubisoft Spain has revealed JuegosdB-during the course of Gamefest11-not only in the next E3 2012 will see a progress in Assassin's Creed III, but the game's release will be in November 2012. As was the case with Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood or will happen now with Assassin's Creed: Revelations, the game Assassin's Creed that will close the series due out in November. Obviously the answer release date for marketing purposes but the month of November has been very successful this franchise. What is still left in the air is to know the location of the next title. From Spain the only thing that Ubisoft has said is "still can not reveal anything, but it is true that the Internet are very close to where Assassin's Creed III will pass." It is enlightening, but at least we know that the rumors and news are in the right direction but not embody the final place. In addition, the Creative Director Alexandre Amancio Discuss the relationship between Revelations and the third part of the series: "Many things have begun to (...), fixed many details about the end of the storyline of the world in 2012, "said Amancio. "As we approach the date of 2012, the franchise is nearing the end of his greatest work." "Let's close all the story arcs that have been open and we have left in the air, and we will reveal not only much material on the argument of the first civilization, but we will also conclude the stories of Ezio and Altair "he said. "We will explain why Ezio is such an important character for the franchise, and what is its role in everything that happens in the game besides the Altair and Desmond."
.
 
Oct 28, 2009
1,016
0
0
#5
I figured this would be the case. Wrap up the flashback related stories of Ezio and Altair in Revelations, and then have AC3 wrap up the story of Desmond in the present.

If they wanted to be really trippy, though, they should have AC3 take place in the animus again, but have it be set 500 years in the future, with the hereditary successor of Desmond reliving the final chapter of Desmond's story.
 
Jun 6, 2004
68,829
0
1,570
#8
elwes said:
I figured this would be the case. Wrap up the flashback related stories of Ezio and Altair in Revelations, and then have AC3 wrap up the story of Desmond in the present.

If they wanted to be really trippy, though, they should have AC3 take place in the animus again, but have it be set 500 years in the future, with the hereditary successor of Desmond reliving the final chapter of Desmond's story.
or... or... or... that could be the twist ending!

IT WAS DESMOND'S DESCENDANT RELIVING HIS MEMORIES ALL ALONG!!!
 
Sep 17, 2006
30,835
0
1,075
Puerto Rico
#11
JDSN said:
I thought that was the point of Revelations.
Nope. Desmond is the "preset day character", Revelations concludes Ezio's arc.

***

Anyway, everything's expected. Basically the info says that most of the rumors online have guessed the location of the III game and that it will be a conclusion, give an answer to mostly everything (first civilization, Altair, Desmond), and also why Ezio was so important in the story.
 

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oct 27, 2005
14,749
10
1,320
Under A Rock
#12
MrCookiepants said:
They'd better give it a break after this. I feel like a lot of people got over AC after Brotherhood.
I didn't. MORE AC. MORE AC. MORE AC.

See, I was doubtful when they pumped out Brotherhood, but when I found out the quality of it surpassed that of AC2 and it had important canon in it, I didn't doubt their ability to make a quality game in a short amount of time. With their story they can go anywhere and attempt to make it fresh.

And this is not the end of AC, just the end of the Desmond Arc, so yeah. It'll probably be the last AC of this generation.

Been waiting SO LONG for a proper AC3, wonder where it will take place.
 
Feb 8, 2008
14,644
0
0
#13
fernoca said:
Nope. Desmond is the "preset day character", Revelations concludes Ezio's arc.

***

Anyway, everything's expected. Basically the info says that most of the rumors online have guessed the location of the III game and that it will be a conclusions and give an answer to mostly everything (first civilixation, Altair, Desmond), and also why Ezio was so important in the story.
I thought they answered that in AC2/start of ACB - he was just the messenger for Desmond. Luckily they didn't go overboard with Ezio's involvement so I'm curious how relevant Ezio going to Constantinople and Masyuf have to do with present day (I did enjoy how he just walked away with Da Vinci at the end of the DLC knowing it was not his problem) or moreso if they just feel like tying up Ezio's arc.
 
Feb 19, 2008
10,913
0
0
Richmond, VA
#14
The story is so magnificently awful in the Assassin's Creed series that it doesn't matter how many games they make. I'm interested in the locales they choose and the time periods. The amount of historical info they've packed into the games is impressive, but I'd also like a bit more fantasy elements (since there storyline could easily accomodate it).

And, even though I doubt they'll ever do it, some better stealth elements would be so appreciated. It seems silly for an over the top action platformer to be called "Assassin's Creed."
 
Mar 10, 2005
50,827
0
0
www.theimrankhan.com
#17
Ugh

I'm probably in but without Patrice Désilets and another AC game just a year after the last one (and with news of it coming out before this year's game is even out), I kind of want this series to crash for a little while so Ubisoft takes their time

Like Driver San Francisco, that game is fantastic but I am not sure I am already looking forward to Driver San Francisco 3, you know?
 
Mar 10, 2005
50,827
0
0
www.theimrankhan.com
#30
Moaradin said:
But brotherhood wasn't half as good as AC2.
Come here

You get a brohug from me

This is an unpopular opinion on GAF, but it is one I share.

ACB was disjointed and unpolished. It may have built upon the gameplay of AC2 (why would it go backwards there), but it took several steps back in the things AC2 accomplished with making sure a game felt cohesive and complete.
 
Mar 10, 2005
50,827
0
0
www.theimrankhan.com
#34
Luthos said:
Less complaining about milking, more thoughts on what the next time frame will be.

This is what I want...
About...six or seven months ago, I was pulled in to an Ubisoft survey of what I would like to see as a setting for the next Assassin's Creed.

The options, as best I remember them, were:

Victorian England
Civil War China
French Revolution
World War 1 Germany

I think I voted for French Revolution.
 
May 15, 2011
5,035
1
0
#35
ShockingAlberto said:
Come here

You get a brohug from me

This is an unpopular opinion on GAF, but it is one I share.

ACB was disjointed and unpolished. It may have built upon the gameplay of AC2 (why would it go backwards there), but it took several steps back in the things AC2 accomplished with making sure a game felt cohesive and complete.
It was literally impossible for ACB to feel as cohesive and complete as the story in AC2. AC2 took you from literally Ezio's birth to prime of his life. ACB built on that story though in the best way I could have asked of it. Revelations seems to be more of the same, but with the change in scenery to Constantinople especially, I don't tire of seeing Ezio. I actually think it will be impossible for the historical protagonist of the next game to be nearly as likeable as he is. ACB may have been his more minor adventures dealing with Cesare and just the delay of the inevitable truly dealing with Rodrigo, but the story arc of his building the brotherhood is something that I think needed to happen and was pulled off well. Having an "Ezio trilogy" is what I would have wanted anyways, and I'm glad that I'll have be able to experience it all in only 3 years instead of 6.
 
Mar 10, 2005
50,827
0
0
www.theimrankhan.com
#37
omnomis said:
It was literally impossible for ACB to feel as cohesive and complete as the story in AC2. AC2 took you from literally Ezio's birth to prime of his life. ACB built on that story though in the best way I could have asked of it. Revelations seems to be more of the same, but with the change in scenery to Constantinople especially, I don't tire of seeing Ezio. I actually think it will be impossible for the historical protagonist of the next game to be nearly as likeable as he is. Having an "Ezio trilogy" is what I would have wanted anyways, and I'm glad that I'll have be able to experience it all in only 3 years instead of 6.
I don't even mean in terms of story, though Brotherhood also fell down repeatedly in that area, too.

I mean the actual areas in the game felt like they were made by different teams, I frequently ran in to areas that had objectives on my minimap but I could not access because of nonsensical gameplay restrictions that were handled better by AC2's multiple cities, everything in the city and outside of it lacked the personality that AC2 had and it was made even more obvious with the Cristina missions, the entire last act was incredibly shoddily made from both a QA and design standpoint.

The game felt like they solved the Rubix Cube of Assassin's Creed by taking the stickers off and putting them back on and going "SOLVED" except the stickers are slanted and broken.
 
May 15, 2011
5,035
1
0
#39
ShockingAlberto said:
I don't even mean in terms of story, though Brotherhood also fell down repeatedly in that area, too.

I mean the actual areas in the game felt like they were made by different teams, I frequently ran in to areas that had objectives on my minimap but I could not access because of nonsensical gameplay restrictions that were handled better by AC2's multiple cities, everything in the city and outside of it lacked the personality that AC2 had and it was made even more obvious with the Cristina missions, the entire last act was incredibly shoddily made from both a QA and design standpoint.

The game felt like they solved the Rubix Cube of Assassin's Creed by taking the stickers off and putting them back on and going "SOLVED" except the stickers are slanted and broken.
Your analogy is far too eloquent for me to completely disagree with you.

That said, I totally buy "synchronization" as an excuse to limit my options objective-wise. You have to complete them in some sort of chronological order, otherwise the timeline of the story is broken. This was a symptom of, as you said, there being only one city to work with, and I think it was intrinsic to this. Having entire cities in AC2 become inaccessible may have appeared to be more elegant, but it was literally the exact same thing.

What part of the last act was shoddy in the QA department? I didn't run into anything game breaking.

In the end, I think ACB wasn't AC2 because there was no way it could have been. The plot may have been treading water Borgia-wise, but I'm sure glad that they made the game and refined the mechanics as much as they did. Scaling buildings like the Colosseum don't hurt my impression of exploring it's game world either. As I said, more Ezio story, even if it's weaker sauce compared to how cohesive AC2 was, makes me a happy camper. People who complained even back when Brotherhood was announced that there was "ANOTHER Ezio game OMG" completely baffle me. He has more personality and gravitas in his left foot than Altair and Desmond put together. Why would Ubisoft not give his story arc room to breathe? If anything they should have held back on AC2 so that ACB would have had more impact. Seeing him kick ass in his "Sam Fisher" years while breaking the fourth wall to find the players story answers in Revelations makes me beyond hyped.
 
May 31, 2006
8,581
0
0
Seattle, WA
www.twitter.com
#40
elwes said:
I figured this would be the case. Wrap up the flashback related stories of Ezio and Altair in Revelations, and then have AC3 wrap up the story of Desmond in the present.

If they wanted to be really trippy, though, they should have AC3 take place in the animus again, but have it be set 500 years in the future, with the hereditary successor of Desmond reliving the final chapter of Desmond's story.
Been saying this since ACII. Even though it's so obvious I kind of want it.
 
Jan 16, 2008
36,267
10
810
#43
People crying about Ubi milking the AC franchise have forgotten that both sequels are awesome. Brotherhood, which everyone and their imaginary friend considered a cynical cash grab pre-release, turned out to be the best game in the series, and to include as much new content as you'd expect in a numbered entry. Revelations looks as though it will do the same, yet the dairy trolls still find a way to complain. Remarkable.
 
Feb 10, 2006
22,757
1
1,290
#44
Monocle said:
People crying about Ubi milking the AC franchise have forgotten that both sequels are awesome. Brotherhood, which everyone and their imaginary friend considered a cynical cash grab pre-release, turned out to be the best game in the series, and to include as much new content as you'd expect in a numbered entry. Revelations looks as though it will do the same, yet the dairy trolls still find a way to complain. Remarkable.
While I agree that as far as yearly franchises go, AC has done pretty well so far, Brotherhood just really isn't the best in the series to me. Rome was disappointing compared to cities like Florence and Venice in AC2, the story wasn't nearly as good as in AC2, the 'The Truth' sequences were considerably worse (and with a less satisfying conclusion), the Da Vinci missions were at best boring and the city investment stuff wasn't as satisfying as upgrading Montereggioni was in AC2. Of course the game did do some things better, I really enjoyed being able to call in assassins (though I would've liked some deeper management of it), and it really felt like it belonged as a part of the gameplay. I also enjoyed taking down those towers that oppressed parts of the city, although I thought that type of mechanic was done better in the Saboteur. However I would say my favourite thing about Brotherhood was that they had you play more as Desmond, which I thought AC2 didn't let you do nearly enough, I would like to see more of that still in AC:R and AC3.
 
Sep 29, 2008
572
0
0
#45
Monocle said:
People crying about Ubi milking the AC franchise have forgotten that both sequels are awesome. Brotherhood, which everyone and their imaginary friend considered a cynical cash grab pre-release, turned out to be the best game in the series, and to include as much new content as you'd expect in a numbered entry. Revelations looks as though it will do the same, yet the dairy trolls still find a way to complain. Remarkable.
The problem is that from 2 to Brotherhood there wasn't a evolution, sure they packed more content in it, but the mechanics stayed the same, the combat got even more easier and the stealth still is nonexistant.From what we have of Revelations gameplay, it seems that it's the same shit from brotherhood in a different place, and i doubt they're going to make significant improvement in a year.So yeah, i think there is a reason to complain.
 
Mar 6, 2010
4,593
13
585
Shinjuku, Tokyo
#48
Kabouter said:
While I agree that as far as yearly franchises go, AC has done pretty well so far, Brotherhood just really isn't the best in the series to me. Rome was disappointing compared to cities like Florence and Venice in AC2, the story wasn't nearly as good as in AC2, the 'The Truth' sequences were considerably worse (and with a less satisfying conclusion), the Da Vinci missions were at best boring and the city investment stuff wasn't as satisfying as upgrading Montereggioni was in AC2. Of course the game did do some things better, I really enjoyed being able to call in assassins (though I would've liked some deeper management of it), and it really felt like it belonged as a part of the gameplay. I also enjoyed taking down those towers that oppressed parts of the city, although I thought that type of mechanic was done better in the Saboteur. However I would say my favourite thing about Brotherhood was that they had you play more as Desmond, which I thought AC2 didn't let you do nearly enough, I would like to see more of that still in AC:R and AC3.
Agreed entirely. I totally loved figuring out The Truth as well as the stuff behind "The Truth" in AC2, and when doing basically the exact same thing in ACB, I kept thinking that there was a third level of depth somewhere that I wasn't seeing.

I also loved Florence and Venice a lot more than Rome. I can still remember my way around large parts of those cities, whereas Rome was a little too big and unwieldy for my tastes.

Not sure if they planned it this way, but the red and gold background "motif" colors of Florence and the blue and gray backgrounds of Venice really served to distinguish them well. Forli and San Gimignano shared a brown-and-green motif and tended to blend into each other in my mind. Rome suffered from this too; each district needed to be a little more distinctive even if it meant diverging from reality.
 
Jun 25, 2009
40,860
0
730
#50
Luthos said:
Less complaining about milking, more thoughts on what the next time frame will be.

This is what I want...
I want Victorian era (which means London) Assassin's Creed, but i can't find very good art to support my cause.
Anyway, these will do:





• Dark, moody atmosphere? Check.
• Great, complex architecture? Check.
• Secret societies/Masonery, for the story mumbo jumbo? Check.
• Horses, guns and whatever? Check.

The Russian revolution would be cool aswell, but we already have the comicbook about that.