• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn, that IS destracting. Wonder how fixable it would be?

On the user side? Likely impossible given past AssCreed games haven't been mod-friendly. I'll probably cap the game at 30fps and hope Ubi bothers to patch it.

golem

pc version is pretty nice. solid 30fps with everything on (pcss and hbao etc) and downsampling from 1440p to 1080p. running on an i7, 8gb ram and a 970.

The emptiness of the streets is really off putting. Its too bad they didnt restore the NPC count for the PC version. Might still pick it up somewhere down the line though

Flandy

I didn't know the twins looked so similar :p
22689657257_acb1a93727_o.png

So there's HBAO+ Ultra now?

Yep. Not entirely sure how big of a difference I can make but it seems I can still run the game at 60fps so I have it enabled

burgerdog

Here's a bunch of screenshots I took. Runs at 1080p60 on my rig (970, i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz, 8GB RAM)

I believe I may have had it set to HBAO+ instead of HBAO+ Ultra in the last 2 screenshots. Texture Resolution may have been set to medium as well in the last two. I was still messing around with my settings at the time

edit: reposting for 50ppp people
cloth animations run at 30fps for some reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cAS0wlwbWE

AF doesn't work in this game?

I didn't know the twins looked so similar :p
22689657257_acb1a93727_o.png

Yep. Not entirely sure how big of a difference I can make but it seems I can still run the game at 60fps so I have it enabled

Comparing it to PS4 AF wise. I take it there's not AF toggle? May have to force it in the nvidia control panel.

assassinscreedsyndicaqso3l.png

brau

I was skeptical about the port for PC. But so far it runs great. Running it on Ultra with a steady 60fps at 1080. I get some dips in 2k... and 4k i think i can keep a steady 30... not bad. THe game looks pretty amazing and i love the return of day and night cycle. Also, the design of this game is infinitely better than the cluttered mess that Unity was. So far, i've been having a blast with it.

I'll post some screenies later.

EDIT: should be important to note that work here got a couple of working builds on PC to check out... my actual copy at home won't unlock until tomorrow. But! at least the port seems solid from what i played and looked at.

Sweet, got the key, now preloading.

Only takes 16 mins though but might as well get it now before dozens, dozens I tell yeh of PC gamers hit the servers.

Edit, slowed up to an hour now.

CmdBash

In sequence 2: a simple plan where I've completed the mission and after the modern day cutscene plays it puts me back at the start of the secret lab section of the mission. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So is the lighting model and pbr as good in this as Unity? I know crowds are severely reduced, just hoping that gorgeous lighting is still intact.

I still think ACS is one of the most impressive games regarding lighting in the current gen, but ACU is another league. The lighting in ACU is a marvel to look at that sadly is not replicated in ACS.

I still think ACS is one of the most impressive games regarding lighting in the current gen, but ACU is another league. The lighting in ACU is a marvel to look at that sadly is not replicated in ACS.

I for one glad it is not. All those baked lighting gets old after a while.

Dynamic lighting all day, everyday.

Holy shit the grappling hook is fun. Not had this much fun with an AC game since AC2 Brotherhood. This is the sequel I was hoping was going to happen after enjoying Unity.

sirap

So is the lighting model and pbr as good in this as Unity? I know crowds are severely reduced, just hoping that gorgeous lighting is still intact.

No, but you have to take into consideration the static nature of Unity's lighting system. Having your lightmaps locked to a specific time of day allows tremendous room for detailed GI lighting.

AGITΩ

Just completed the game. But in listening to a lot of the audio files after collecting the helix stuff, i really hope we end up with another Desmond like character...
even though they're just a 10 year old as of this game. Maybe even possibly a close relative of Desmond, given the shared lineage.
I need more of that in this franchise in order for me to care. Given that Unity ends
with a zero progression in the modern story line is the main reason i disliked it. Its meaningless.

PowderedToast

So, how long is the game compared to ACU? Similar?
the main quest is only 9 sequences, while unity had something like 12. there is a bit of post story stuff though, and a lot of side quests between the historical figures, dreadful crimes and borough conquering. I generally found a lot of the mission design to be very hit and miss.

killroy87

Hey, I have a question regarding getting Platinum trophy/all achievements for this game.

I'd say I'm about a third of the way through the main missions. maybe a bit less. And I kind of have the urge to make this my first Platinum trophy, only because the game is so mindless and easy to lose time in that I feel like I wouldn't mind the more menial tasks.

I'm curious though, are there any trophies that are missable? Like, obviously all the story ones I'll get just organically by beating the missions, but are there any that I can potentially miss while completing the story and then be fucked? Ideally I just play through the campaign at my leisure, and then go around the world getting all the trophies I missed. i just want to make sure this is a viable option.

alekth

I dropped the series mid-Revelations so there is a lot of mechanics changes I haven't been experiencing, but has parkour become so much more exaggerated and floaty? The twins are leaping up like squirrels, I remember moves having quite a bit more weight to them.

Gambit61

Is there a way to get multiple saves in the Uplay/PC version? My sister would also like to play but I haven't seen an option for that.

madjoki

Is there a way to get multiple saves in the Uplay/PC version? My sister would also like to play but I haven't seen an option for that.

I assume disabling cloud saves and renaming save folder (savegames\x\1875) under uplay install folder is only way.

I was thinking of getting this on PC. £49.99? What the fuck? £49 fucking 99? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. No fucking way!
But GMG have it for £29.99. Cool.
Thing is if Steam or Uplay had it for £39.99 I would have got it from either of them as I went to their store pages first before I even considered GMG. Well, if I do get it then it looks like I'm in for a £10 saving! Nice.

Put a couple of hours into the PC version. Playing at 1440p, and I must say, the art design really deserves more than 900p. It looks gorgeous. Runs very well too. Locked 60 so far.

Wow, the gameplay has not improved at all since Black Flag. In fact, I'd say they made the clambering even worse than it was in that game. And the combat is so button-mashy and animation heavy. You press the attack button once and you throw two punches.

Hey, I have a question regarding getting Platinum trophy/all achievements for this game.

I'd say I'm about a third of the way through the main missions. maybe a bit less. And I kind of have the urge to make this my first Platinum trophy, only because the game is so mindless and easy to lose time in that I feel like I wouldn't mind the more menial tasks.

I'm curious though, are there any trophies that are missable? Like, obviously all the story ones I'll get just organically by beating the missions, but are there any that I can potentially miss while completing the story and then be fucked? Ideally I just play through the campaign at my leisure, and then go around the world getting all the trophies I missed. i just want to make sure this is a viable option.

I got the platinum easy, if you do absolutely nothing extra its about 2-6 hours extra work after you finish the game. There are 3-4 trophies that will just require you to replay certain sequences to get kills with certain weapons or environment, but they are all super easy.

One tip to speed up the platinum - while you are normally playing, try to ride a horse carriage and just trash stuff on the street - lights, poles, trash cans, etc. There is a trophy for destroying 10,000 items while on a horse carriage and if you just do it while doing normal missions you will probably get it by the end, but if you don't go for it then you will probably spend 4-6 hours just riding around london bored out of your mind wrecking stuff after you finish.

Corpekata

Banned
How do us PC players get the free DLC though? I see it's on the Steam page but what about Uplay?

That's what I meant, I'm on PC and have it on Uplay. Open Uplay, go to the game's page, there will be like Overview, actions, rewards, achievements, etc. They were all under rewards for me and are free, just click them. There's other stuff that costs Uplay points like a pistol and whatnot but the costumes all had 0 point costs.

Lime

That's what I meant, I'm on PC and have it on Uplay. Open Uplay, go to the game's page, there will be like Overview, actions, rewards, achievements, etc. They were all under rewards for me and are free, just click them. There's other stuff that costs Uplay points like a pistol and whatnot but the costumes all had 0 point costs.

No I'm referring to the free DLC stuff like Victorian Legends and Steampunk and whatever. They're availabe for PS4 and Bone and on the Steam page, but not on Uplay.

EDIT: Apparently you have to get it in the in-game menu under "Buy add-ons".

Top Bottom