• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - First Footage [PC/PS4/XB1, French Revolution, Holiday 2014]

Can they just make an assassins creed of the modern era already... All these are just looking the same as the previous one, with different missions (not even)

Watch Dogs sort of aims in that directions but I'd rather the assassins creed type of elements.

They sort of did with 3, and it was garbage. There's a big challenge with a modern setting with guns and all that, which would require a big reinvention of the gameplay systems.

Personally I'm hoping for Ubisoft to go further with the Adam & Eve video from 2, a game in that setting would be super fascinating.

UrbanRats

Can they just make an assassins creed of the modern era already... All these are just looking the same as the previous one, with different missions (not even)

Watch Dogs sort of aims in that directions but I'd rather the assassins creed type of elements.

These posts are mind bogging to me.

Next you'll want a GTA where you can't reach the pedals.

You guys are easily impressed.

That looks like any other pc game from the past 2 years with lots of AA.

No it doesn't....Assuming gameplay looks like that (which it very likely won't), condering it is open world that looks easily more impressive than current PC games on the market...

Hyb

Banned
I really like this decision from Ubi to makes two games for different gens.

Report: 2014's other Assassin's Creed game will let you play as a Templar
Sources say Assassin's Creed Comet coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this fall, will be set in North America with sailing missions off the coast of New York.

Last week, Ubisoft confirmed Assassin's Creed Unity for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. But that's not the only Assassin's Creed game launching this fall, according to a new report today from Kotaku. A game called Assassin's Creed Comet will launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (no word on Wii U) and lets you play as a Templar, sources have told the website.

Assassin's Creed Comet will reportedly be set in North America and have you play as a Templar named Shay. Of course, the Templars have traditionally served as the main antagonist group for the entire Assassin's Creed series, so this would be a major shift in design.

The game will also supposedly let players travel to New York and "do a great deal of sailing" in the Atlantic Ocean. Kotaku's sources described Assassin's Creed Comet as a cross between Assassin's Creed III and the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Characters from past Assassin's Creed titles, like Haytham Kenway and Adewale, are also reportedly set to appear in Assassin's Creed Comet.

Ubisoft declined to comment on the report today about Assassin's Creed Comet, so you should take this information with a grain of salt for now. That said, Kotaku's sources were right about Assassin's Creed Unity, so it might not be long before Ubisoft makes a formal announcement.

mrqs

Sadly i can't create new threads yet, so... I was just watching some stuff about AC2 and got nostalgic.

AC2 Ending. Pure awesomeness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C7Qp3va1NY

Almost five years later, AC2 is still one of my favorite games ever. It had so much potential, so much that could deliver... It's really a shame what has happened with the franchise. The ending of AC2 was one of the most minfuck gaming moments of my life, even bigger than Bioshock Infinite.

Anyway, it was a really great experience. Just want to post it here.

Looking at those screenshots amazes me. This gen is a slow fucking start when it comes to mind blowing graphics, but I think after The Order it's gonna be the beginning of a landslide that will make my eyes burn in ecstasy.

I'll believe it when I see it on my console, especially after Watch Dogs. Watch Dogs doesn't look bad, but of course it's come a bit of a way since the 2012 reveal, obviously.

Tex117

Banned
If they can give me some better combat, I'd be all about this.

Hell, I will anyway. AC4 was kinda great and a break from the 2's formula (and 3), so hey...whatever...I'll play it.

sjay1994

I'll believe it when I see it on my console, especially after Watch Dogs. Watch Dogs doesn't look bad, but of course it's come a bit of a way since the 2012 reveal, obviously.

AC is pretty good in terms of delivering on what has been shown.

Just hope its more stable than 3 since it seems like they are using a new engine for unity.

Magician

Neo Member
Seems interesting for an Assassin's Creed title to be set during the French revolution (assumption) there's room for possibilities, to say the least.

Well. One game is made for consoles with 8gb RAM as the baseline, while the other game still had to work on a machine 256mb of RAM. It's going to be an entirely different thing in terms of visuals when games made only for the current consoles become widely known.

There's nothing in the Unity stuff that is out if reach considering that it's only on the new machine.

Looking at those screenshots amazes me. This gen is a slow fucking start when it comes to mind blowing graphics, but I think after The Order it's gonna be the beginning of a landslide that will make my eyes burn in ecstasy.

Thighs are going to heat up when developers can leave behind the old machines, but The Order still has the advantage if being on a single machine, which allows them to do so much more visually then even what Ubisoft can considering they have to work within three platforms and not one.

I fear that Assassin's Creed is too heavy and lethargic a franchise to fix the core issues I really have with it these days.

And Ubisoft really seems to love sticking to the template that has brought them hundreds of millions of dollars. Almost all design decisions are driven by data, and the only data that matters to a corporation is the number of sales. If AC Unity is just another Assassin's Creed game, it'll feel like a remnant from the past, but if it sells another 10 million copies or so, then we'll be having a lot more of the past until the sales decrease significantly. Unfortunately for my wallet, I'm a sucker for unique settings, and even though the gameplay in these games has been boring at best (insultingly shallow and pointless at worst), the virtual tourism they provide is still pretty amazing.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Sadly i can't create new threads yet, so... I was just watching some stuff about AC2 and got nostalgic.

AC2 Ending. Pure awesomeness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C7Qp3va1NY

Almost five years later, AC2 is still one of my favorite games ever. It had so much potential, so much that could deliver... It's really a shame what has happened with the franchise. The ending of AC2 was one of the most minfuck gaming moments of my life, even bigger than Bioshock Infinite.

Anyway, it was a really great experience. Just want to post it here.
Comparing that to the what we got in ACIV, which was basically nothing, is ridiculous.

Posted?

Assassin’s Creed Unity Poster Leaked Shows New Assassin and Pre-Order Bonus

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

solarus

I can't even imagine the system requirements for the PC version. This actually looks next gen (visually) compared to watch dogs.

Comparing that to the what we got in ACIV, which was basically nothing, is ridiculous.

Way way WAY prefer the personal, family story ending in AC4 to the bloated Ben 10 fanfic extravaganza of AC2. After such a strong set of elements in AC2, they go with the spoken, sentient "Eternal Darkness" option instead of keeping the mystery alive.

AC4 made it seem like an eternal struggle with people getting caught up in the mess.
AC2 made it seem like three private school shitlords from Dimension X couldn't keep it in their pants.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ACIV had a shit story, it's the first AC I finished and was like "is that it?" but ACIII had an excellent story and the best villains in the series imo
It's still my favourite, followed by AC2
The villains of ACIII aren't even a scratch on Cesare Borgia.

Matush

Story in last 4 AC's (Revelations, Liberation, III a IV) were shit IMO, I loved II and Brotherhood, but they need to step it up. IV and Liberation were probably the weakest, I could not care less about the story.

QaaQer

Way way WAY prefer the personal, family story ending in AC4 to the bloated Ben 10 fanfic extravaganza of AC2. After such a strong set of elements in AC2, they go with the spoken, sentient "Eternal Darkness" option instead of keeping the mystery alive.

AC4 made it seem like an eternal struggle with people getting caught up in the mess.
AC2 made it seem like three private school shitlords from Dimension X couldn't keep it in their pants.

ACIV had a completely disposable empty story with shallow focus group created protag. I'm not sure why anyone would hold it up as a good example of anything.

KAL2006

Banned
It is nice this is current gen exclusive. So far we have Assassins Creed Unity and Batman Arkham Knight that are the notable next gen exclusive games by 3rd parties to come out this year.

sjay1994

ACIV had a completely disposable empty story with shallow focus group created protag. I'm not sure why anyone would hold it up as a good example of anything.

AC4 was really a safety net after AC3 and Connor backfired.

But I did like that Edward was just some random dude who became an assassin and wasn't born into it, told to join it, or had family in it.

Interested to see how Unity shapes up.

Do we even have a name for the protag?

Mendax

AC4 was really a safety net after AC3 and Connor backfired.

But I did like that Edward was just some random dude who became an assassin and wasn't born into it, told to join it, or had family in it.

Interested to see how Unity shapes up.

Do we even have a name for the protag?

rumored name is arno, which is probably somebody's botched attempt at writing Arnauld.

let me guess, they're doing the assassin protag befriends inventor/scientist again? that's so original.

The father of modern chemistry is Antoine Lavoisier (26 August 1743 – 8 May 1794)
The French Revolution was from 1789–1799 so it could probably be him at his late 40's

It is nice this is current gen exclusive. So far we have Assassins Creed Unity and Batman Arkham Knight that are the notable next gen exclusive games by 3rd parties to come out this year.

+Lords of the Fallen + Project Cars

Top Bottom