• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity Leaker calls out to Neogaf/provides clarification on graphics

woen

lol don't you think they want to show their game with the best graphics possible?

and if you're talking about the specs you need to play this game, yes they have been revealed.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/23/7053397/assassins-creed-unity-heavy-duty-pc-specs-revealed

Yes it's possible but they didn't reveal the specs of the two demos that were released at E3 and gamescom.

Some reviewers who played the game wrote about the lack of AA, if they used the same PC for them I don't think it was the best they could do. It may be an XBO dev kit or something like this. But it's hard to tell, it's only speculation.

Nah, that's from the reveal video which was 100% bullshit. Much like Watch Dogs.

I love how you can tell this is bullshit when we haven't seen the released game yet. And the initial WD reveal was pretty much like what you could have with a great PC (and with the code modified to unlock what Ubi didn't keep)

Someone asked, "Who has played the game?" I showed someone who has. You throwing around schoolyard insults and all that non-relevant garbage was all you.

You turned something private into a public message. Don't move away from your childish behaviour and how you changed the subject (which is basic trolling)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Even on that closeup shot, the downgrade is noticeable, which is quite sad. There is quite a bit of detail lost in the textures on his jacket, for example. Everything looks much worse in the actual city too, because the lighting is worse and all the beautiful reflections are gone.
Yea i'm seriously not seeing the lost detail. I'm looking very close and examining every detail but i'm really not seeing a noticeable different. Can you directly point out where he loses detail on his jacket? I'll give you that the reflections seen so far aren't as nice as the pc version.

I can say with utmost confidence that I do not work for Ubisoft.

Of course not because you own Ubisoft, Ubisoft works for you :)

Anyway, people shouldn't be posting private message screen caps, that's just not cool. There was a reason they sent you a private message and why it's called a private message.

CaLe

Holy shit at some people in this thread, especially that Marcel guy.

Are you guys like this also in real life? Or only in forums?

Damn.

Courtesy and violating the TOS are different things. If I've done something worthy of a ban, I accept the punishment.

That is not the point.

Even if something is not bound by rules it does not mean we can not stay decent.

If you did something like that in real life you would have quickly become the town gossip. The person who does not know how to keep a secret.

Stop picking on Yves

He's acting like someone who is employed by Ubisoft to do damage control over another Ubisoft game that has been downgraded from reveal.

If he feels so adamantly about defending this company who is constantly lying to it's consumers, then fine. But don't be shocked when everyone is calling bullshit on you after years of being fucked over.

unless this was sarcasm, I can't tell in these threads anymore

Serick

Married Member
Courtesy and violating the TOS are different things. If I've done something worthy of a ban, I accept the punishment.

Even if it isn't worthy of a ban it was an immature move. He sent it as a private message because he wanted it to be private, otherwise he would have just posted it in this thread...

What did he do to you to deserve having that posted publicly?

Some of the post here and in the other thread ...Jesus, what is wrong with some people?
I feel sorry for the developers when i read something like that and not only the one who works at Ubisoft but this software house is the most criticized so i feel sorry for them especially.

I'll be honest, it's a real nightmare when you're a dev and the game you worked on for so long is getting shredded in a place you like to visit no less.

There's a difference between DEVELOPPERS and PUBLISHERS especially when it comes to marketing and PR. DEVs have less input into PR/Marketing the bigger the game is sadly (in my experience). So you see the product of your passion getting ripped without a thing you can do.

It's a bit dramatic the way I phrase it but there seems to be a lot of people who forget that even though there's a business side of it, games are made by people first.

For the bigger games, sadly, try to keep your expectations in check sometimes. They need to sell you the product any way they can. It's business which sometimes sucks when you add passion to it. Be it on the dev sides or the gamers side of things.

How utterly tasteless for obvious reasons.

Incredibly so. Makes it doubly worse when he continues to behave like an abrasive bell end for no apparent reason.

@ Topic. When's the review embargo up? Someone posted a pic of their review copy, which was the PS4 version. I thought given the marketing deal, everyone would be reviewing it on XBO?

Marcel

Even if it isn't worthy of a ban it was an immature move. He sent it as a private message because he wanted it to be private, otherwise he would have just posted it in this thread...

What did he do to you to deserve having that posted publicly?

Why would you implicatively skirt or violate your NDA to a stranger?

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
He's acting like someone who is employed by Ubisoft to do damage control over another Ubisoft game that has been downgraded from reveal.

If he feels so adamantly about defending this company who is constantly lying to it's consumers, then fine. But don't be shocked when everyone is calling bullshit on you after years of being fucked over.

unless this was sarcasm, I can't tell in these threads anymore

Yves does not work for Ubisoft, Yves is Ubisoft.

Respect the Yves.

JayEH

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Incredibly so. Makes it doubly worse when he continues to behave like an abrasive bell end for no apparent reason.

@ Topic. When's the review embargo up? Someone posted a pic of their review copy, which was the PS4 version. I thought given the marketing deal, everyone would be reviewing it on XBO?

I'm interested in how this turns out review wise. I feel like a lot of the reviews are going to be tech reviews considering all the controversy.

Alucrid

Banned
I'll be honest, it's a real nightmare when you're a dev and the game you worked on for so long is getting shredded in a place you like to visit no less.

There's a difference between DEVELOPPERS and PUBLISHERS especially when it comes to marketing and PR. DEVs have less input into PR/Marketing the bigger the game is sadly (in my experience). So you see the product of your passion getting ripped without a thing you can do.

It's a bit dramatic the way I phrase it but there seems to be a lot of people who forget that even though there's a business side of it, games are made by people first.

For the bigger games, sadly, try to keep your expectations in check sometimes. They need to sell you the product any way they can. It's business which sometimes sucks when you add passion to it. Be it on the dev sides or the gamers side of things.

most posts are deriding ubisoft not the people who worked on the game (i admit to making fun of the supposed developer who emailed giantbomb though)

Gurish

You know what? If even the Leaker itself, while defending the game, admits Ubi lied with her advertised screenshots and videos leading up until the release, that's by itself justifies all the flak they are getting.

I'm really tired of their shit, and this have to be stopped, even if like he says the game still looks good, its false advertising and we deserve to know what a game actually looks like without being lied to every time, they are truly the worst in the industry and Unity is just the straw the broke our backs.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Capture of a prerendered cutscene.
I was on about the quality of the capture,
in-game by me and it's compressed.
bTlGOB9.jpg

Those shoots IQ are almost as bad as SC:Blacklist on PS3 or even AC2 on PS3, it looks 720p or lower and it's definitely has some crazy filter and upscaling on it, even at 900p it shouldn't look like that.

Kerda

From the leaked screenshots of Unity, it looks pretty bad, but after watching the (heavily artifacting, 720p) gameplay video, I actually think it looks interesting.

Not the gameplay, which is just bog standard AC stuff that Ubisoft has hammered into the ground over the last 7 years, but the game's focus on density and scope over raw image quality. It's evident that the world is built to a much larger scale than the older games, and the volume of citizens milling about feels like what the series always aspired to but could never achieve. I imagine that, running on PC at 60FPS and 1080p+ resolution, it's pretty striking.

That being said, I don't blame the people shitting on Ubi for the downgrade. For one, unless the stealth in Unity has been radically overhauled, those crowds are just window dressing, and won't have any meaningful effect on the play experience. Plus, they only have themselves to blame when they keep willfully deceiving people about the look of their games. I remember voicing skepticism about the graphics in the build presented at E3 and being chided by people for being "negative". This was shortly after the PR clusterfuck that was Watch Dogs, yet a lot of people still gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Crossing Eden

I dunno. He needed to prove something. And maybe he thought you were a good person.
I'm not him, can't answer what his motives are/were.

Still doesn't make you less of a dick.
Quite frankly it was to stop what would've been another thread derail in the other thread. And unfortunately this thread has been derailed. Ughh.

Skyzard

Banned
The game looks really good to be honest. Graphically I mean, hopefully gameplay is decent. Based off that video, not the simple comparison in op.

There is just something annoying me and putting me off and I can't place my finger on it.

It has that same annoying lighting Infamous PS4 has for me. Makes the textures on people especially look flat or doll like or something. I'm not technical enough but I want to say shaders and lighting. Still, should be decent.

You know what? If even the Leaker itself, while defending the game, admits Ubi lied with her advertised screenshots and videos leading up until the release, that's by itself justifies all the flak they are getting.

I'm really tired of their shit, and this have to be stopped, even if like he says the game still looks good, its false advertising and we deserve to know what a game actually looks like without being lied to every time, they are truly the worst in the industry and Unity is just the straw the broke our backs.

No offense but Ubi doesn't really give a shit. Unity is gonna sell boat loads and make them tons of money. They keep doing this because it works. Until it's either made illegal or people literally just say no and refuse to buy it because of the downgrade this practice is not going away.

Crossing Eden

The game looks really good to be honest. Graphically I mean, hopefully gameplay is decent.

There is just something annoying me and putting me off and I can't place my finger on it.

It has that same annoying lighting Infamous PS4 has. Makes the textures look flat or something.
Well according to the leaker, in multiple posts, the gameplay is apparently quite good with combat that isn't overwhelmingly difficult if you know what you're doing.

I was on about the quality of the capture,
in-game by me and it's compressed.
bTlGOB9.jpg

Those shoots IQ are almost as bad as SC:Blacklist on PS3 or even AC2 on PS3, it looks 720p or lower and it's definitely has some crazy filter and upscaling on it, even at 900p it shouldn't look like that.

Doesn't the screenshot mode in TLOU turn on a bunch of additional anti aliasing and effects?

Either way, it doesn't matter. Anyone with eyes can see the ACU screenshots are lacking.

This thread is turning UGLY quick......

Guys and gals don't turn debates about the quality of Unitys graphics into a personal war. Try to be respectful at least.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I stopped posting in the thread yesterday as soon as I realised the photos were taken from the PS4 photo mode. Everything looks like shit from that thing. Predictably, everyone else in there willfully ignored that little piece of information.

Photo Mode does not make everything look like shit.

hTzLu6F.jpg

47BSGbk.jpg

fyt1qjY.jpg

And these are super compressed not even usb grabs.

xkramz

Yeah it isn't right what Marcel has done. Okay fine but it Is also not right thst everyone is jumping on him. thst can be a form of E-bullying if it continues.

Also u calling him immature. So don't just complain about it to him what Is that going to resolve? Escalate the issue with a mod or admin. Thats why they are there for.

Patroclos

Banned
Perhaps we will be entitled to a day one patch too.

may-i-have-some-more.-or-is-might-600x342.jpeg

PS4 owners everywhere say, "Pleez Ubi can we hazz day onez 1080p patch?"

#noparateez

Quite frankly it was to stop what would've been another thread derail in the other thread. And unfortunately this thread has been derailed. Ughh.

To be fair, it wasn't really smart to start a second one. With a statement to kinda discredit gaf in a way.

A very vocal bunch of members are pretty loud. Game's getting released in a couple days now. The OT's coming, people will play it, it'll all die down. Like it did for Blacklist, for every AC game and for Watch Dogs and pretty much every ubisoft game. It comes with being a giant beacon for a lot of hardcore gamers. It's the way it is.

HardRojo

Well according to the leaker, in multiple posts, the gameplay is apparently quite good with combat that isn't overwhelmingly difficult if you know what you're doing.

You know, it seems like you aren't a bad guy at all but Ubisoft really dropped the ball with this title. It's made for one of the biggest and longest dicussions in GAF this year and what's funny is that they wanted to avoid them. I guess we'll finally be able to discuss the game properly when it's available for everyone, right now the only source we have are those screenshots and to be honest, they aren't helping the game, maybe wait until it's available and see if people's opinion changes?
I probably won't be getting it as soon as it releases, AC3 really burned me off the series and I picked AC4 because a friend offered it for a good price.

Anyway, the guy who posted a pic of a PM you sent him... wow that surely was in poor taste.

Alucrid

Banned

is that literally what he says? because that's just a whole lot of nothing. although i guess i can't be surprised that he doesn't care to give any details if he just uploads a gameplay video to facebook

Skyzard

Banned

If it's just AC again I'm kinda worried as I'm not sure how long I'd stay interested.

Especially after playing Shadow of Mordor combat and Styx movement.

The environment does look good and I've skipped all the ACs since 1, might be time to give it a go but it would be a shame if they haven't advanced the gameplay since then.

Top Bottom