• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity Leaker calls out to Neogaf/provides clarification on graphics

jaaz

That first day patch better be a 1080p patch a la AC:BF or I'm not buying. And I've bought every AssCreed that has come out.

Nabbis

I disagree. Unity has much higher quality assets and bigger scope than any previous gen AC.
6GB of usable RAM means next to no loading times for once, and more as developpers get familiar with the hardware.

My worries with regards to this new generation are not at all related to graphics, but business models.

That's just basic evolution due to new hardware. The actual leap is the cell size, precisely because of the ram. That's a little different than what i imagine when you use the word "scope". The CPU won't be able to keep up with any truly next-gen features due to the increase of size in the gameplay areas, it does not seem that powerful.

geordiemp

One thing he says that is absolutely true is:

"It is limited by a 400 euros hardware"

If you really care that much about graphical power, then consoles aren't exactly the way to go..

Most people probably just want black flag IQ on Ps4 for AC unity.

Nobody is under the illusion of Ps4 abilities, we just want what was possible 12 months ago...

But dat parity + Vaseline filter .....sort it out ubi

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guys don't worry. According to Ubi it's the "most beautiful game ever created by Ubisoft" :lol

FULLY NEW GEN

assassins-creed-unitys2roe.jpg

Stahp Ubi, just stahp.

Genuine question?
No i havent.

Has anyone in this thread ?

I have.

Just from the xb1 previews AC Unity has the advantage, does Shadow of Mordor use facial capture?

Dunno. All I know is that animations in ACU really aren't very good, whereas Mordor was OK at worst. Only played a little bit of ACU so I might be wrong, though.

That's sort of worrying, because Mordor's faces look like shit.

The rest though is pretty nice looking, especially in certain time of day settings.

Both look like shit.

woen

Our Guillemot said they've shown the PC version at gaming events like E3 and Gamescom.

I mean the PC version is not in the wild and we don't know anything about the specs of what was shown before.

You willingly sent sensitive information to someone who doesn't give a shit about you. Oops.

I'm free to release it as it was sent to me.

Are you 12 ?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You willingly sent sensitive information to someone who doesn't give a shit about you. Oops.

I'm free to release it as it was sent to me.
That's fucked up even for you, like seriously, that's not funny, or clever, or anything of that nature. ._.

woen

Did crossing eden always have this tag? Does he actually work for Ubisoft?

A mod gave it to him/her because he defends Ubisoft games and it sounded like he had insider's news (but he didn't).

And this derivative non-relevant age insult is productive how? Crossing Eden has played the game and chose to violate his NDA. Not my problem.

Can we talk about how your post is productive ? "lalala I'm free but it's not my problem"

SeanTSC

Just from the xb1 previews AC Unity has the advantage, does Shadow of Mordor use facial capture?

I don't give two shits about facial capture if I can't see a crisp, clear image. I don't give a fuck about all the little tiny jerking off motions an NPC can make during a cutscene or otherwise if I can't clearly see the screen while running around.

Not one of the things that Ubisoft has done in this game to supposedly make it "zomg amazing" has been worth the cost of me having to strain my eyes to look at vaseline covered shit while running around during normal gameplay for 99% of the game while playing it on my 60" HDTV.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

ironcreed

Banned
Most people probably just want black flag IQ on Ps4 for AC unity.

Don't worry. We will likely be getting next-gen versions of Rogue at some point next year. I hope so anyway, as I fucking love Black Flag and think Rogue is just carrying on from what that game did.

Marcel

A mod gave it to him/her because he defends Ubisoft games and it sounded like he had insider's news (but he didn't).

Can we talk about how your post is productive ? "lalala I'm free but it's not my problem"

Someone asked, "Who has played the game?" I showed someone who has. You throwing around schoolyard insults and all that non-relevant garbage was all you.

Yeah the initial reveal almost looks like a completely different game in terms of quality. I don't wan to support a company that consistently pulls this bullshit.

Well at least I don't have to support them because that teaser was the only thing that hyped me about a new AC game in the first place.
I'm kinda burned out on the series / Ubisoft's open world approaches but a true next gen feeling&looking open world city enticed me.

I can wait for more opinions/footage/infos though, maybe the level of interaction, immersion etc. makes up for it. Or if people say it's better than AC2.

Crossing Eden

And this derivative non-relevant age insult is productive how? Crossing Eden has played the game and chose to violate his NDA. Not my problem.
You've done nothing but make derivative remarks in this thread while also posting information that was sent to you. All you've been doing is trolling.

"It looks like any other game, I guess. It's all right." 10/10 - IGN.com

Glowing praise.

The Crossing Eden damage control supernova.

How does this clear up anything? The game looks dissapointing visually and once again Ubisoft lied to the consumer
It isn't really a 'lie'.

Not that I support that tactic, they never said 'look at this footage/screenshot/whatever, it was taken directly from platform X, this is what you will get to see when you take the game home and put it in your console'.

Like someone posted early on, go take a look at any food packaging or imagery for takeaways etc. Just a representation of the actual product.

Misleading, basically.

I really would've expected a bigger bump in details from Ubi considering this is next/current gen only. I thought Black Flag looked good when it came out (on PC), sooo what's the deal here? Just shitty optimization? Rush job? I mean maybe it really is those crowds that are taxing things, but even then those crowds don't even look that detailed. Ubi needs some better engine people stat if they really can't wrangle better results out of PS4.

Marcel

You've done nothing but make derivative remarks in this thread while also posting information that was sent to you. All you've been doing is trolling.

You are free to do something productive and report me rather than whine endlessly about what implicative information you send to a stranger.

Valnen

Hardly an "extreme downgrade."

Think some people are exaggerating.

Even on that closeup shot, the downgrade is noticeable, which is quite sad. There is quite a bit of detail lost in the textures on his jacket, for example. Everything looks much worse in the actual city too, because the lighting is worse and all the beautiful reflections are gone.

Crossing Eden

Yeah that's a dick move, but at least you didn't say anything incriminating?
I stated what I can and cannot verify. It's still ridiculous to post a pm into the open forum. PM=private message, emphasis on private. Marcel is usually very cynical but that's just crossing a line.
Nah, that's from the reveal video which was 100% bullshit. Much like Watch Dogs.
Feel like the original reveal preview was a tech demo to show off what the engine is capable of. I remember all the analyzing back then about whether or not it was realtime.

legacyzero

Banned
"The PS4 screenshot feature lowers the quality of the shots"

Lol are you fucking kidding me? Not THAT much, it fucking doesnt. Not unless youre using Twitter compression or some shit.

Fuck outta here.

Beefy

Where are we? In school?

He send you a Private Message. It is common courtesy to keep it private.

He doesn't know the guy. If he thinks some one is playing a game he has every right. I wouldn't do it but, each person is different.

MarkV

Some of the post here and in the other thread ...Jesus, what is wrong with some people?
I feel sorry for the developers when i read something like that and not only the one who works at Ubisoft but this software house is the most criticized so i feel sorry for them especially.

Top Bottom