• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity Leaker calls out to Neogaf/provides clarification on graphics

Bl@de

They were ps4 screenshot captures, not direct.

Hmm ok don't know about the general quality of that. I only make screenshots in Steam. But resolution and AA will be fine on PC anyway. Ubisoft always delivers lots of AA modes (fxaa, smaa, txaa, msaa)

KHlover

Banned
This guy is amazing.

I like how he changed his name to "Don't worry, be happy :)" as if those screenshots look better haha. It's the same blurry ass shit. The IQ in this game is just fucking terrible.

Or he just doesn't want be get shit from Ubisoft for leaking screenshots.

Back in the day, there was a game called God Hand that looked like a piece of shit but man, was it fun as fuck to play. I'm honestly more worried about the FPS being stable or not rather than resolution. In any case, I am excited for the game. Especially the co-op aspect of it.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Hmm ok don't know about the general quality of that. I only make screenshots in Steam. But resolution and AA will be fine on PC anyway. Ubisoft always delivers lots of AA modes (fxaa, smaa, txaa, msaa)

Now if they can only actually deliver a good product on pc they might have something ;)

New PS4 screenshots from another french guy

https://imgur.com/a/00Z3d

FXNUKce.jpg

84lRUBB.jpg

Yikes. I'm sure its great in motion but this does look like a downgradeton. Especially from whats been shown so far. Those textures look way off.

Okay but even then, why in heaven's fuck would a game look like that? Just general bluriness can't be caused by the resolution since even 720p screens look sharper than those. There isn't a single game I can think of that is just "blurry" due to technical reasons. What kind of criticism are people trying to make here?

Even at higher resolutions, there are things like poorly implemented AA methods (FXAA, etc) or post-processing effects that can make a game blurry. I have no idea if that's what is going on in these screens, but still.

This is a current gen title only with brand new engine built from ground up but still looks worse. They don't even have the cross gen excuse for this title. Hope they do a 1080p and anti-Vaseline patch soon after release.

UBI needs to stop showing bull shots and videos and just be honest to console owners.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well I can understand that he doesn't want to share his PSN ID to the world.

Or he just doesn't want be get shit from Ubisoft for leaking screenshots.

Are you guys for real? i'm talking about that he changed his name to "Don't worry, be happy :)" as if those screens would look any better than the other leaked shots. Of course he changed his name so he doesn't get shit from Ubi but i found it ridiculous in what he changed it.

Valnen

Sorry, the downgrade is extreme and deserves to be criticized. The game honestly doesn't even look beautiful anymore. The textures aren't amazing and the beautiful lighting/reflections seems to be almost non existent now. After Ubisoft called out Mordor for not looking next gen enough it's only fair their title gets held to the same scrutiny they're calling out others on.

Most of GAF is legit psychotic when it comes to Ubisoft. Like...high levels of insanity in here and the other topic. It's honestly mind boggling.

I think the game looks great, some think it doesn't. That's really...all that needs to be said. Instead there is "NEVER FORGIVE UBI NEVER FORGET THESE CRIMES AGAINST GAMING YOU HAVE COMMITTED" (more of this in the last topic, at least).

Maybe y'all should take a step back and gain a little perspective.

I have the CE, CE Guide, and Season pass all pre ordered.

I don't hate Ubisoft. I love the AC franchise. Them being dishonest about the representation of the games graphics is still bull shit.

woen

Are you guys for real? i'm talking about that he changed his name to "Don't worry, be happy :)" as if those screens would look any better than the other leaked shots. Of course he changed his name so he doesn't get shit from Ubi but i found it ridiculous in what he changed it.

Your reading.

That stuff that looks terrible in those screenshots is not caused by compression. Smh the apologists are out in full force for this one.

K' Dash

How dare he?! I hope the police catches him.

orioto

Good Art™
I hear guys talk about IQ and 900p.. But this is way more than that i think.. It's like in those shots every characters in the street is a really low quality LOD, with super compressed texture, and there is no light.

if in the end Ubi's excuse is that they are so ambitious that consoles are not enough for their games.. I think they should change their reasoning before they start working on a game.

It's really not that nice looking of a game. It's an upressed last gen game with some nice HDR-like lighting tricks. The lighting system is nice but it doesn't do anything else well.

The blood effects are especially bad compared to Shadow of Mordor.

Edit: Oh and remember that SOM shot of Talion having derp face that looks really bad? The protag has that low quality of face, at least in the little I played of it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Something is wrong with those shots, they look like they have a photoshop filter on them.
Its the fuzzy edges as well, it all looks off to me, guess I'll see when releases.
Also blaming the PS4 capture?
ACUnity-PS4-Leaked-1.jpg

iKgTKl0k7lrl9.jpg

I don't think so.

TLOUR Capture by shortsoptional

He wasn't using the USB method. The USB method looks much better than the direct upload method. Come on now, that was established months ago.
http://gearnuke.com/ps4-usb-video-export-details-captures/
It isn't AC, but here is a comparison of sharing methods using DRIVECLUB as an example.

A stationary 'beauty shot' with high detail.
Twitter - http://i7.minus.com/ibiN2rVnunpPf0.jpg
USB - http://i2.minus.com/irT5c4e00cfzZ.jpg
Capture card - http://i3.minus.com/ibygFfFKIRHCT6.png

An in-motion shot via cockpit so the ticker tape is enlarged, should give compression a decent test.
Twitter - http://i1.minus.com/iWeNbVYzyzWMd.jpg
USB - http://i4.minus.com/iVp3Or4y6fHuE.jpg
Capture card - http://i5.minus.com/iC6CBHboaHoEa.png

There isn't that much in it, really, between Twitter and USB. As expected ticker tape comes off worse.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hey, I'm just trying to lighten the mood here, as people seem to have lost common sense, no point in trying to have a civil discusion.

Oh, well then i guess my sarcasm detector is broken.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Something is wrong with those shots, they look like they have a photoshop filter on them.
Its the fuzzy edges as well, it all looks off to me, guess I'll see when releases.
Also blaming the PS4 capture?
ACUnity-PS4-Leaked-1.jpg

iKgTKl0k7lrl9.jpg

I don't think so.

TLOUR Capture by shortsoptional
Capture of a prerendered cutscene.

So none of those videos were real? I made my decision to buy based off of those videos. It's my first AC since 2. I'm saving money, so I only budgeted for one game in November. Now you're telling me those videos are bullshit?

Someone talk me off the ledge because I'm about to lose it.

It has already been established in the other thread that the additional blur comes from an extremely bad AA method. Something similar to the blur filter GTA4 uses on PS4.

mephixto

Banned
Ok Ok why I keep reading that people its "fine" with how those screens looks, bad capture, compression or not those images look horrific.

I bet the mods are really struggling with OP here. "How can we tag that which has already been tagged?!"

@OP / Topic. There was another set of pics posted that are "apparently" from the PS4 version. It looks pretty great, and I imagine the engine and sequels will only get better, but I must question if they are actually screenshots of the PS4 version. Only time will tell. As for the original leaked, poor IQ controversial pics...I genuinely don't believe that was high quality screens.

AC: Unity won't be a graphical powerhouse, solely because there's only so much the hardware can do in an open world, but it's scope and mechanics will be far superior to any AC game before. That, I do believe. As someone that really enjoys the franchise, that's all I can ask for.

orochi91

Here you go kiddo. Try not to strain yourself coming up with another excuse.

Captured by me.

There we go.

Look at the detail in fabrics here that are completely lost in AC:U due to that blur.

Ok Ok why I keep reading that people its "fine" with how those screens looks, bad capture, compression or not those images look horrific.

Acceptance of low graphical standards is all I can come up with.

Ramza

Banned
@OP / Topic. There was another set of pics posted that are "apparently" from the PS4 version. It looks pretty great, and I imagine the engine and sequels will only get better, but I must question if they are actually screenshots of the PS4 version. Only time will tell. As for the original leaked, poor IQ controversial pics...I genuinely don't believe that was high quality screens.

Those are still blurry, though. Like someone said before, it feels like I'm playing a game without my glasses on.

Capture of a prerendered cutscene.

That's kinda the point, the quality loss induced by the PS4 screenshot share vs. uncompressed screenshots is not that high. Hence that cutscene shot is still looking good/sharp.

The blur could be from their AA solution or they tried to get a cgi-like soft look (like The Order) and failed (Black Flag looks sharp in screens but has this flat PC game look if you can call it that). Still, must look pretty smooth in motion (see Driveclub IQ vs unfavorable screenshots).
But that still doesn't explain the other shortcomings (textures, models, lighting/shadows). Maybe they really only optimized for the big crowds and don't boost graphics during normal gameplay (although interior scenes seem to look nicer?).

I bet the mods are really struggling with OP here. "How can we tag that which has already been tagged?!"

AC: Unity won't be a graphical powerhouse, solely because there's only so much the hardware can do in an open world, but it's scope and mechanics will be far superior to any AC game before. That, I do believe. As someone that really enjoys the franchise, that's all I can ask for.

Those are more representative of the actual game, still very ugly.

woen

Already posted here and yeah they're are from the PS4 version (the only version leaked at this time)

Top Bottom