• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity Xbox One Bundle Leaked

Bgamer90

Banned
As someone in need of an Xbox One, there's no possible way there won't be a Halo MCC bundle right?

I think MS feels that the game will help sell Xbox Ones in many places without it needing to be bundled.

I personally think they should do it since it will definitely help console sales but it seems like the Halo MCC bundle will only come out in Brazil.

RowdyReverb

I guess this is OT, but I just thought about it after seeing the parity jabs. Is it possible that the game was originally 792p on XB1 and 900p on PS4, and MS sent engineers and funding to get the XB1 port up to 900p? Why is the assumption that the PS4 port should have been 1080p, but was held back? Isn't MS stepping in to improve the XB1 port more likely since we've seen this happen with other games now?

Bgamer90

Banned
I guess this is OT, but I just thought about it after seeing the parity jabs. Is it possible that the game was originally 792p on XB1 and 900p on PS4, and MS sent engineers and funding to get the XB1 port up to 900p?

Yeah -- was even stated as a possibility in the actual thread about it since since people brought up the (apparently) fact that the game was under 900p months ago when it was shown at conferences.

Why is the assumption that the PS4 port should have been 1080p, but was held back?

It all comes from Ubisoft's horrible PR statement.

sense

People still think Microsoft is forcing Parity on Ubisoft? Such tin foil nonsense....

people still think there isn't a chance that MS went to ubisoft and said we will bundle and comarket the game and instead of exclusive dlc make sure x1 version is the best or comparable to ps4? exclusive dlc would do nothing since people will just buy the better looking and playing version(obviously ignoring pc before that crowd jumps). Also remember this is the first really big mass market game that is next gen only so the conversation around the game matters.

I mean isn't it kinda strange that MS gets exclusive stuff for all the games they show off except this?

RowdyReverb

It all comes from Ubisoft's horrible PR statement.

True that. They really should have known to be more careful talking about such a volatile topic.

Back on-topic though, it sounds like a decent bundle. It makes sense why there isn't a MCC bundle now. Otherwise, they'd be launching 4 different bundles in the span of a couple weeks (SO, COD:AW, and now AC:U). I wonder what bundles they're going to do for Black Friday.

Kssio_Aug

it explains the forced parity if MS is offering to push the game.
It explanis nothing!

About the thread, it seems MS is really trying to push the system with all those bundles! Sunset Overdrive, Halo, Call of Dutty and now Assassins Creed! Thats great! More options for those who intend to buy it.

Yup, I called this weeks ago. MS wouldn't market a game that's inferior on their console. It just wouldn't happen.

Be afraid for Division. #division1080orbust.
#ps4noparity

Yeah MS money definitely reached deep into Ubi's pocket. Even if I was going to buy this game I wouldn't buy it on the X1 for a gimped version of Black Flag.

Bgamer90

Banned
Yup, I called this weeks ago. MS wouldn't market a game that's inferior on their console. It just wouldn't happen.

FIFA is apparently a bit better on the PS4.

Also, MS would (or will) definitely still push COD. Game is too big not to push it just because it may look better on another system.

sense

Actually, people saying conspiracy theories please explain why would MS bundle and market a game that could have potentially been the worst looking and performing version? Ubi doesn't lose much by making the console versions equal except the hardcore crowd that refuse to buy a game just cause of resolution difference. I honestly can't see how MS doesn't have a hand in this parity nonsense.

Bgamer90

Banned
Actually, people saying conspiracy theories please explain why would MS bundle and market a game that could have potentially been the worst looking and performing version?

Same reasons why Sony did it last gen? Far more people who see marketing/ads than follow up on what system the game is better on.

Ubi doesn't lose much by making the console versions equal except the hardcore crowd that refuse to buy a game just cause of resolution difference. I honestly can't see how MS doesn't have a hand in this parity nonsense.

Ubisoft doesn't lose much by not putting the best effort into the game period (at least not at this point). The series is just too popular.

sense

FIFA is apparently a bit better on the PS4.

Also, MS would (or will) definitely still push COD. Game is too big not to push it just because it may look better on another system.
If cod isn't the same specs this year I will be shocked. As long as the games have the same specs ms don't care. They just want to stop this narrative from spreading any further that they are weak compared to the competition.

Daviii

Actually, people saying conspiracy theories please explain why would MS bundle and market a game that could have potentially been the worst looking and performing version?

Because ALL the games in Xbox One are the worst looking version and they need to advertise their product at some point anyway?

Chobel

Ubisoft doesn't lose much by not putting the best effort into the game period (at least not at this point). The series is just too popular.

You don't know that, it actually depends on the contract with MS, and even if ignore that and we already have a Destiny a popular game which was had parity between PS4 and Xbone.

people still think there isn't a chance that MS went to ubisoft and said we will bundle and comarket the game and instead of exclusive dlc make sure x1 version is the best or comparable to ps4? exclusive dlc would do nothing since people will just buy the better looking and playing version(obviously ignoring pc before that crowd jumps). Also remember this is the first really big mass market game that is next gen only so the conversation around the game matters.

I mean isn't it kinda strange that MS gets exclusive stuff for all the games they show off except this?

This conspiracy theory bs needs to stop. The only thing we know is that MS and Ubisoft have co-marketing deal on AC Unity and that's it. Everything else is a baseless speculation of which we will never learn the true details. Just because there is a chance doesn't mean it happened and since you have no proof to say it actually happened, stop it already.

This conspiracy theory bs needs to stop. The only thing we know is that MS and Ubisoft have co-marketing deal on AC Unity and that's it. Everything else is a baseless speculation of which we will never learn the true details. Just because there is a chance doesn't mean it happened and since you have no proof to say it actually happened, stop it already.

Anything Microsoft-related gets a TON of negative hubris here. Just ignore it for now.

schaft0620

Proof of what? How is this any different than the other bundles out? Of course Microsoft would want some kind of exclusivity with its console. They're trying to sell their console. Microsoft gets this AC and CoD, Sony got Destiny, and will probably have GTA V.

You know to avoid that whole debate thing

Leave Phil Spencer alone!

Bgamer90

Banned
You don't know that, it actually depends on the contract with MS, and even if ignore that and we already have a Destiny a popular game which was had parity between PS4 and Xbone.

Not sure I fully know what you mean. I was simply saying that the game would sell well regardless.

Still wondering why the game got delayed though.

Mendax

God there are so many funny choices for this one. I don't envy the guy making the OT. I also really liked one from the original parity thread:

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, Égalité, Parité

make that Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Parité, Parité, Parité

NolbertoS

Bundle is still too rich . Guess MS will learn the hard way that consumers are prepared to wait for $300 US/Euro bundle deals now. What the European equivalent of Black Friday?? Boxing Day??

Xando

Bundle is still too rich . Guess MS will learn the hard way that consumers are prepared to wait for $300 US/Euro bundle deals now. What the European equivalent of Black Friday?? Boxing Day??

We don't have anything like Black Friday or Boxing Day in Germany but Amazon always does some nice offers in november. Otherwise the usual offers like buy 3 pay for 2 or no VAT.

Any idea on pricing? Will this be hitting at 399 Euro and 499 euro respectively? As that would be pretty good value but it does have 2 games bundled in instead of one. Hmm but it is Europe so MS will try to be more competitive

Bgamer90

Banned
Bundle is still too rich . Guess MS will learn the hard way that consumers are prepared to wait for $300 US/Euro bundle deals now.

???; Was a price (unofficially) stated for the kinectless bundle?

I think $400 would be the perfect price for it (for obvious reasons).

Chobel

Not sure I fully know what you mean. I was simply saying that the game would sell well regardless.

Still wondering why the game got delayed though.

My bad man, I missed "not", I read it as "Ubisoft doesn't lose much by putting the best effort"

Xando

Any idea on pricing? Will this be hitting at 399 Euro and 499 euro respectively? As that would be pretty good value but it does have 2 games bundled in instead of one. Hmm but it is Europe so MS will try to be more competitive

Don't think it will be 400€ when it hits retail.
Local expert had XB1 + 3 months of gold and a game for 369,99 last week.

I guess unofficial price will be nearer to 350€ before christmas.

Top Bottom