• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Community Thread: Successfully synthesized a Barrel!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'll blame the Rorona 3DS disaster.

I kind of doubt that 3DS Rorona is taking away from new Atelier games considering GUST outsources most of their development anyway and there's virtually no need to plan new stuff for the game outside of the new Astrid part since the game's story and structure are largely the same.

This is likely a "dip their toes into the 3DS space" since Atelier sales across PS3/Vita have been falling.

anderedna

Okay ladies and gentlemen, I'm planning to start playing Atelier Rorona Plus(Vita) starting tomorrow. I'm having this game since day 1 but haven't really got time to play it before. I've played the non Plus version before on PS3, so my aim here is to get the platinum trophy for this version.

I've been looking for the guides and all I managed to find is the non Plus guide, like this or this. Googling around, I found out that the trophy requirements are almost the same, with Plus version having perks of choosing which end I want to get(sounds nice). Is it sufficient to follow those guides to get platinum or is there any additional things I need to fulfill to get all the endings?

I also have Totori+ and Meruru+ to play afterwards.

ohlawd

obligatory "don't use a guide" ohlawd post

no big changes for both Rorona+ and Totori+. Rorona Plus does add another year and a buncha trophies. You'll know when you get there. As for Meruru Plus, changes have been made so ranking up requires you to do more. Back then, you could rank up pretty high without touching a story boss but it's mandatory in Plus. Gameplay balances, all that.

anderedna

I won't use the guide if I haven't played it once before :)

Additional trophies for Rorona+? That's make them harder to obtain without a proper guide. Hopefully they are just kill these additional bosses to get the trophy.

So here's something that makes me feel stupid. I read that in Rorona you can get Hagel to register bombs and stuff for you. I'm in the overtime section and am assuming I've missed whatever event triggers it.

Are you meant to get his friendship to a certain level before he will let you register items?

Edit: I'd actually love some general tips on what to aim for when it comes to the best traits and stuff as well. The dungeons you unlock in overtime in Rorona+ completely destroy me and I feel like I don't even know where to start with synthesising useful weapons and armour.

I'm already on month 9 so this playthrough is pretty much a write-off, but maybe the info will help me with Totori and Meruru.

StingX2

I recently picked up Rorona Plus when it was on sale for $15 and got completely addicted to it. I'm obsessed with playing series in full so I plan to go back to the PS2 titles eventually. Where would you recommend I go next? (If Totori I'll be doing it on ps3 since cheaper I hope the non plus version isn't awful)

I recently picked up Rorona Plus when it was on sale for $15 and got completely addicted to it. I'm obsessed with playing series in full so I plan to go back to the PS2 titles eventually. Where would you recommend I go next? (If Totori I'll be doing it on ps3 since cheaper I hope the non plus version isn't awful)

Other than Rorona+ (which in Japan isn't a + game at all, it's 'New Atelier Rorona') the + games are basically the PS3 versions with all the DLC included and some other small changes.

Arthea

Do we talk about Ar nosurge here? It is Gust game after all.
I bought it today and played some. It totally is Ar tonelico, evolved yes, but still 100% Ar tonelico.

Went though Totori+ over the last few weeks and enjoyed it quite a bit. Preferred the way the time limit was handled over Rorona and that there was a bit more emphasis on going out and exploring.

Was about 150 points off of the highest rank I think. Shame I didn't make it but I felt like I understood the synthesis system more this time. Not sure I will ever figure out how to make the best stuff with the right traits without a guide though.

Onto Meruru now! I hope they keep doing handheld versions of this series because it's kind of perfect for playing in small doses.

Durante

I started playing Ayesha+ recently on a trip. It's my first time playing it, I skipped the initial release due to the lack of dual audio.

Really loving it, I prefer its story/progression setup compared to Escha and also Meruru. It's on par with Totori in that regard, which is still my favourite PS3 Atelier. The alchemy aspect is rather weak compared to Escha though, at least so far.

Durante

Have you played Shallie? I found it to be the most similar to Totori.
That's music to my ears. I haven't played Shallie yet, I am already playing too many games at the same time and having 3 Atelier games going on concurrently (I still haven't finished Escha) seems excessive even to me. 2 is pushing it but at least I can justify it by saying that one is on console and one is on handheld :p

Anyway, since no Atelier is announced yet as a followup to Shallie maybe there is still some hope to catch up at some point.

ohlawd

Keep checking Cowboom I got a PS4 for 220 after a discount code, and they forgot the power cord so they credited me an extra 20.

wow that's an awesome deal. that's really how much I wanna pay for one. call me cheap but it's what I place the value at

however, I'm a dumb Canadian. we don't got a similar thing like Cowboom. I think we have Amazon warehouse deals but good luck with that

wow that's an awesome deal. that's really how much I wanna pay for one. call me cheap but it's what I place the value at

however, I'm a dumb Canadian. we don't got a similar thing like Cowboom. I think we have Amazon warehouse deals but good luck with that

Yep, I got one earlier than I expected. Keep checking CAG they like to post those codes. I was lucky enough to have an old PS2 cord I could use for my PS4 too. lol

I need to get back to Ayesha plus now :eek:

m@cross

After enjoying Totori late last year I grabbed Ayesha in the last VITA sale. I just wanted to post how much I am enjoying this game even more so than I enjoyed Totori. It feels a little easier to make sure you are following the story and a little less like guessing. The combat is still simple, but it adds a little more depth. I'll probably still run out of time and fail like I did Totori, but I feel much more like I will want to try a 2nd run if I do.

I still feel like you'd have to use a guide to get most endings, but hopefully I don't need to do an almost step by step guided run to have a decent shot at a good ending.

I was concerned it might not be worth $27 for me, but so far it is so good I am staying up late just to do a few more things, a solid sign it is worth more than that price.

Arthea

can we put an embargo on Ayesha praising posts? It breaks universe
I kid, I kid

I think Totori is so much better than Ayesha, but good that you are enjoying it. I felt that I waisted my money on it.

omlet

Maybe by the time it's out I'll have gotten around to platinuming the Dusk trilogy
right after I get Shallie and actually play it at all, since I haven't yet... darn this Vita/3DS backlog

Vylash

K8Bjx2d.jpg

first shot of Sophie, that staff looks legit

it's for PS3, PS4, and Vita

ohlawd

her left hand

something's wrong there

she's a redhead so that's an extra +100

her clothes are something grandmas would wear

legs are aight

cute smile is cute

New girl reminds me of Nanaca. Anyway, probably going to grab the limited edition if it comes around. Now to decide where I want it. Leaning towards PS4, but Rorona+ on vita is still in my backlog.

Top Bottom