• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Shallie Plus (Vita) coming west in January 2017; physical LE available

Faustek

Physical in Europe? Sweet! I'll pick this up day one then.
Wasn't expecting this.
Guess not buying the digital versions of previous games till they drop to 20€ or lower actually worked?

Or more likely that it was actually popular enough to justify the extra costs.

If yall just go for cheapo releases, or refuse to buy don't get surprised when they stop coming at all.
I don't like people like you. Dumb ass reasoning and all.

Pezking

Do you guys think VG+ will get the LE in stock as well?

Or any other retailer who ships the US version of the LE to Germany?
I use my Vita with an american PSN account and don't want to miss out on the DLC. Especially if they once again offer the original japanese voices that way!

Or does anybody know if the japanese voices will be on the card this time? Then I might just order the LE from the european NISA store.

Saphirax

I use my Vita with an american PSN account and don't want to miss out on the DLC. Especially if they once again offer the original japanese voices that way!

Or does anybody know if the japanese voices will be on the card this time? Then I might just order the LE from the european NISA store.

Voices will be on the cart.

If yall just go for cheapo releases, or refuse to buy don't get surprised when they stop coming at all.

Guess this is the first time people can truly vote with their wallets then, since we're getting a day 1 retail version that isn't in an LE.

Btw, simmer down.

A regular retail release for this is still kind of unreal. That's not the KT I know

If you ever complained about KT sidelining the Vita versions you should definitely buy this

meppi

Oh no, he doesn't like me! Boohoo!

It's all my fault the Vita is such a bomb!

6 Vita's, 3 of which have a 64GB card that is just about full. 2 EU ones and a JP account.
A couple hundred digital games as well as the following physical collection that keeps growing day by day.

And I'm the problem? Get real.

oUpff5y.jpg

Guess I'm not too fond of you too right now.

Oh no, he doesn't like me! Boohoo!

It's all my fault the Vita is such a bomb!

6 Vita's, 3 of which have a 64GB card that is just about full. 2 EU ones and a JP account.
A couple hundred digital games as well as the following physical collection that keeps growing day by day.

And I'm the problem? Get real.

Guess I'm not too fond of you too right now.

Thanks for killing the Vita

I want the lime and orange ones ;_;

Lusankya

Doesn't the plus version contain all DLC from the start?

jjasso21

Well here we go again. I waited on purpose so I can get it with the DLC so when the Vita version was announced. Gonna Pre-Order when I can.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

;)

Man I was really hoping the orange would come stateside. Prevented me from opening my Aqua blue one for half a year.

Anyway, was potentially interested since this is the only way to get physical, but consensus is this game is the worst of the series? Haven't tried any Ateliers before

Man I was really hoping the orange would come stateside. Prevented me from opening my Aqua blue one for half a year.

Anyway, was potentially interested since this is the only way to get physical, but consensus is this game is the worst of the series? Haven't tried any Ateliers before

I'm going to echo what someone said earlier that Rorona is the worst in the series. I like all Atelier games, but I found the time constraints in that one a bit much and I wasn't a big fan of many of the characters.

Shallie was fun. The combat is the best it's ever been, imo, and the setting was great. It just suffers from a bit of a lack of focus due to the removal of time limits.

meppi

It really is a gorgeous system. My personal favourite is still the Lime green/white one though.

They really aren't all that more expensive to import to be honest.
Well it depends on what Vita's go for in the west nowaday since I haven't kept up on hardware prices.
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/psv...ystation-vita-wi-fi-pch-2000-za24-new-en.html

Haven't played Shallie myself yet, even though I bought it near launch on PS3. Way too many games and not enough time to get to all them it seems.
But from the ones I have played for a decent time so far, Totori, Rorona and Sophie, I'd have to say that each one of them has their own charm. Sometimes it's that characters that take the upper hand, at others it's the systems themselves or how the story plays out.
I've yet to play a modern Atelier game I didn't like.
They certainly are a special niche though. Bit like the Animal Crossing, crossed with a traditional RPG in a world that reminds me of Kiki's Delivery Service. :)

neonglow

Does NISA ever restock these limited editions? I didn't realize the limited edition was the only way to get a physical release in the US.

Top Bottom