• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan looks bizarre and I'm not sure i vibe with it

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Halfway through the first episode after hearing all the hype.

What the fuck is the art style? I'm not discounting it or saying I won't watch on, buy it's this bizarre blend of static backgrounds and moving characters who have really deep pronounced colors, and then there's the occasional still image drawing of something that's supposed to have motion, like trotting horses or whatever, OR my personal favorite, random out of place 3D CGI like bells swaying or whatever.

Is this just the artstyle and animation style, or is it specific to a certain team that rotates as episodes go on, or what? Because the combination of all of the techniques is just really jarring for me, in a way that plucks my immersion instantly when I see something like it.

Plot seems interesting so far, though.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Halfway through the first episode after hearing all the hype.

What the fuck is the art style? I'm not discounting it or saying I won't watch on, buy it's this bizarre blend of static backgrounds and moving characters who have really deep pronounced colors, and then there's the occasional still image drawing of something that's supposed to have motion, like trotting horses or whatever, OR my personal favorite, random out of place 3D CGI like bells swaying or whatever.

Is this just the artstyle and animation style, or is it specific to a certain team that rotates as episodes go on, or what? Because the combination of all of the techniques is just really jarring for me, in a way that plucks my immersion instantly when I see something like it.

Plot seems interesting so far, though.

Also, meant to post this in OT, lmfao. Weekends, am I right, guys?

kingfey

Banned
First half good. 2nd half bad.
Writers wanted some nice edgy stuff. Few hero complex, and ruined the story in the process.

As for artstyle, it's European medieval. Usually those have unique design, compared to normal Japanese medieval.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
First half good. 2nd half bad.
Writers wanted some nice edgy stuff. Few hero complex, and ruined the story in the process.

As for artstyle, it's European medieval. Usually those have unique design, compared to normal Japanese medieval.

I'll give it a shot, I guess. As of 12 minutes in, I'm not sold yet, though, haha

kingfey

Banned
I'll give it a shot, I guess. As of 12 minutes in, I'm not sold yet, though, haha
At first, it will be a little bit boring. But after that, you will get hooked.

I would recommend you read the manga. It has better ways of getting you hooked to it.
But the anime portrays some feelings very well.

Top Bottom