• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Justin85

Why does everyone need to do fucking top rope spots?

they don't have effect of eveyone does it then no sells it.

Also those women letting a co-worker fall like that is disgusting.

This was more about bad camera work. It was actually a pretty good Bella move of Nikki pulling Brie out of the path of Charlotte. Not sure if Brie was supposed to fall, but the camera missed almost all of it.

I'm finally catching up on Lucha Underground. Just finished the episode that ended with the King Cuerno/Johnny Mundo countout brawl. King Cuerno is awesome. Pentagon Jr. is awesome. Drago is awesome. This show is great.

PInk Tape

Banned
Wrestling is real

Beards are fake

Like I dunno if he bought it at a costume shop or just glued some random weave on his face.

Gotta keep some things kayfabe though, I guess.

kDP2cMn.gif

Anth0ny

I can't believe how uptight people got and took seriously about box art Mega Man. Like Jesus. It's like people can't even tell a joke to certain people on the internet about appearances without the fans getting into a violent rage

it really was megaman's best fighting game appearance

I mean look at that shit

it's box art mega man

Hex

Banned
Here's some old-school Piper stuff from Portland - WWE doesn't own this video library, so it'll likely never be on the network or a DVD set, but it's awesome to see just how over Roddy was in the Northwest;

. Roddy Piper vs Luke Williams - Hair Match - (Portland 1980/03/01)
. Roddy Piper & Mike Popovich vs Buddy Rose & Rip Oliver - (Portland 1980/09/06)
. Roddy Piper (c) vs Buddy Rose - 2/3 Falls - (Portland 1980/09/13)

Damn I miss those days.
Yeah it was carny as fuck but god damn the atmosphere was crazy especially live.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Recent NXT failure of such aside. I always enjoy a good hair vs hair match and pay-off in the WWE. Molly Holly, Vince, Kurt Angle, etc. So I ask all of you, who on the main roster would be best to lose their hair and make it amusing to see?

All three members of New Day I think would be great. Trying to stay positive, until they see their reflection.

Heroman

Banned
I said it earlier, but Capcom's neglect of Mega Man is going to be less damaging to the brand than Inafune will be.

Keep in mind, while they 'ignored Mega Man' they put all this out
By put out you mean let other people make shit , while they do noting? What ever inafune has done is noting to what capcom done.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Recent NXT failure of such. I always enjoy a good hair vs hair match and pay-off in the WWE. Molly Holly, Vince, Kurt Angle, etc.

So I ask all of you, who on the main roster would be best to lose their hair and make it amusing to see?

Dean Ambrose, he's halfway there already!!

By put out you mean let other people make shit , while they do noting? What ever inafune has done is noting to what capcom done.
Yeah capcom just sat there and let people run roughshod with the mega man license and they did nothing about it

use your brain, please

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Capcom did two things in the past ten years with MM that were fantastic.

1. Megaman 9.
2. Getting him in Smash, if just for that amazing video.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Piper is amazing for always sticking to his guns. If your name wasn't Flair or Bret then he wouldn't job to you. Ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, can you put up some info on Triplemania XXIII and BOLA?

I'm sure some people might be interested in that stuff.

Triplemania XXIII (August 9, 2015)

Currently announced matches:
  • Daga, Mamba, Mini Psycho Clown and Sexy Star vs. Dinastía, Drago, Goya Kong and Pimpinela Escarlata (Relevos Atómicos de Locura match)
  • Los Hell Brothers (Averno, Chessman and Cibernético) (c) vs. Fénix and Los Güeros del Cielo (Angélico and Jack Evans) vs. El Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagón Jr. and El Texano Jr. (Three-way six-man tag team match for the AAA World Trios Championship)
  • Los Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown) vs. Los Villanos (Villano III, Villano IV and Villano V) (Six-man tag team match)
  • Blue Demon Jr. and La Parka vs. Electroshock and El Mesias (Tag team match)
  • El Patrón Alberto vs. Brian Cage (Lucha de Apuestas; hair vs. hair match)
  • Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Myzteziz (The "Dream" Match)

PWG's Battle of Los Angeles (BOLA)
Current announced matches so far:

Battle of Los Angeles, Night 1 (Friday, August 28):

- Brian Cage vs. Aero Star
- Andrew Everett vs. Biff Busick
- William Ospreay vs. Mark Andrews
- Trevor Lee vs. Trent?
- Drago vs. Pentagón Jr.
- Matt Sydal vs. Fénix
- Non-tournament match: Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. Angélico & Jack Evans
- Non-tournament match: Tommy End, Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. The Young Bucks & Roderick Strong

Battle of Los Angeles, Night 2 (Saturday, August 29):

- Rich Swann vs. Marty Scurll
- Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Drew Gulak vs. Tommy End
- Angélico vs. Jack Evans
- Mike Bailey vs. Drew Galloway
- Ricochet vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
- Non-tournament match: Fénix & Aero Star vs. Pentagón Jr. & Drago
- Guerrilla Warfare non-tournament match: Andrew Everett, Biff Busick & Trevor Lee vs. The Young Bucks & Super Dragon

All the good shit.

Recent NXT failure of such aside. I always enjoy a good hair vs hair match and pay-off in the WWE. Molly Holly, Vince, Kurt Angle, etc. So I ask all of you, who on the main roster would be best to lose their hair and make it amusing to see?

All three members of New Day I think would be great. Trying to stay positive, until they see their reflection.

I am pretty sure the only reason Bryan has kept that beard and hair for so long is that he is saving it for a Hair match

If you thought Tough Enough wasn't enough of a mess already, then do I have good news for you.

Earlier this week we posted a WWE Tough Enough digital extra with the cameras catching coach Billy Gunn dressing down ZZ due to his performance. F4Wonline.com notes that the clip was released publicly because WWE officials want ZZ gone from the show after this week. Dave Meltzer noted that the impression he was given was that WWE set things up for ZZ to be gone last week but fans weren't manipulated the way WWE expected, so ZZ wasn't eliminated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
waking up to piper news, day ruined :( RIP

Browny

Banned
Sad news about Piper, RIP. Probably just as sad is the fact that his last public stories were about his podcast and Austin.

Aiii

So not worth it
If you thought Tough Enough wasn't enough of a mess already, then do I have good news for you.

Maybe if the goddamned fools actually had only wrestlers and maybe the MMA fighters in the competition instead of filling it with models they would have a chance.

This pisses me off, they fill the group with a bunch of roided up muscleheads that can't run a track without gassing out and they're then surprised the one guy that actually shows some personality gets popular? Big fucking shocker WWE.

Mada too though, but he's gone thanks to Miz. I guess the whole episode before this was aimed at getting rid of Patrick, that worked for them.

Maybe if the goddamned fools actually had only wrestlers and maybe the MMA fighters in the competition instead of filling it with models they would have a chance.

This pisses me off, they fill the group with a bunch of roided up muscleheads that can't run a track without gassing out and they're then surprised the one guy that actually shows some personality gets popular? Big fucking shocker WWE.

Mada too though, but he's gone thanks to Miz. I guess the whole episode before this was aimed at getting rid of Patrick, that worked for them.

The only people I was vaguely interested in was Patrick, Mada and ZZ. And Sara Lee for reasons I can't understand. I guess she's not as much of a vapid reality TV shit stirrer as the rest.

My other half isn't into wrestling, or reality shows, and only likes ZZ.

Fox318

Lol

The show is a fucking mess.

I hope zz wins and this is a wake up call for Vince considering he has been skipping smackdown tapings for this.

Might explain miz doing what he did.

Fox318

Yup. Only reason Josh was in the bottom 4 was to get the women votes away from Patrick or zz.

The show is such a blatant work but wwe can't work a work into a shoot so they work themselves into another work.

Top Bottom