• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Xater

Even with one working arm Nakamura's still better than pretty much everyone.

eczO9Zp.gif

Wait Nakamura is legit hurt and he is still in the ring?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New thread time

"What's the most carny thing you've ever done?"
Forged Alice in Chains' signatures on one of their shirts and sold it to a kid, saying it was autographed by the late Layne Staley.

Yeah, his left arm seemed pretty much useless in today's match - either he's doing a really good job of selling, or he's working hurt. If it's the former, I hope he takes it easy. Ishii was obviously working a lot lighter than he normally does, but even so there were a number of bumps that were concerning.

klonere

Banned
Yeah, his left arm seemed pretty much useless in today's match - either he's doing a really good job of selling, or he's working hurt. If it's the former, I hope he takes it easy. Ishii was obviously working a lot lighter than he normally does, but even so there were a number of bumps that were concerning.

Is this an especially bad year for G1 injuries? I've been listening along with Pollock's updates and it seems like a buncha people are getting and working hurt.

Forged Alice in Chains' signatures on one of their shirts and sold it to a kid, saying it was autographed by the late Layne Staley.

Did you feel the heaven beside you and the hell within when you did this?

We could throw the Evolve cards this month into the OP. I'll write them up later.

Is this an especially bad year for G1 injuries? I've been listening along with Pollock's updates and it seems like a buncha people are getting and working hurt.

Lots of the older guys are banged up, but it's only really Nakamura that's actually working hurt this year - last year, Shelton fucked his knee up on the opening night but worked the whole tournament, while Ishii separated his shoulder about three matches in but still wrestled seven more times. There's usually a few injuries, it's a very demanding tournament.

Nakamura's been working hurt for a year. It's why I'm glad the schedule should be light at least for him afterwards, because if anybody needs a fucking break to heal, it's him.

The summer of someone without an avatar? Yeah, right...

Nakamura's been working hurt for a year. It's why I'm glad the schedule should be light at least for him afterwards, because if anybody needs a fucking break to heal, it's him.

They usually take almost a full month off after the G1, but this year they're flying out to the US for ROH's Field of Honor show just 6 days later :/

klonere

Banned
Lots of the older guys are banged up, but it's only really Nakamura that's actually working hurt this year - last year, Shelton fucked his knee up on the opening night but worked the whole tournament, while Ishii separated his shoulder about three matches in but still wrestled seven more times. There's usually a few injuries, it's a very demanding tournament.

Yeah it seems pretty rough on everyone, so many shows and none of them are unimportant enough to phone it in.

BTW is there any calendar/event schedule for AJPW in English anywhere? I know you said a while back there is next to no English coverage of it but a calendar would be enough for me.

Apparently the elbow injury was relatively minor. Also this pretty much telegraphs that
Nakamura is going to win the whole thing
otherwise they would have removed him.

Either way, good night last night. Good to see Goto finally get a win over Okada, Nakamura back in action with a great stiff match with Ishii (and his elbow looks to be holding up, against a hard hitter like Ishii I was worried), and Elgin finally pick up his first real win, even if it was against Honma. But two straight wins for fucking Yujiro? I was kind of hoping he wouldn't win another match so Honma could beat him and be above him in the one-on-one, but not to be. I'm still picking Honma to win on the final night against him though.

BTW is there any calendar/event schedule for AJPW in English anywhere? I know you said a while back there is next to no English coverage of it but a calendar would be enough for me.

Yeah, Purolove's got you covered;

http://www.purolove.com/ajpw/results/results15.php

Some of it's in German, but that's easier to translate than Japanese.

Apparently the elbow injury was relatively minor. Also this pretty much telegraphs that
Nakamura is going to win the whole thing
otherwise they would have removed him.

Not necessarily, it could just telegraph that
they need Nakamura to factor into the result of Block B or the final itself

The summer of someone without an avatar? Yeah, right...

They usually take almost a full month off after the G1, but this year they're flying out to the US for ROH's Field of Honor show just 6 days later :/

Yooooooooooooooooooooo

that gif of Elgin hitting the deadlift falcon arrow from the apron, fucking hot fire.

Fucking :jnc at the new Tough Enough shit. WWE legit shook and pissed at fans still voting for ZZ when they want him eliminated

Tough Enough Worst Show Of 2015

klonere

Banned
Yeah, Purolove's got you covered;

http://www.purolove.com/ajpw/results/results15.php

Some of it's in German, but that's easier to translate than Japanese.

Not necessarily, it could just telegraph that
they need Nakamura to factor into the result of Block B or the final itself

Thanks guys, now I just gotta find the stuff when I have some time. I noticed that a ton of the Realhero AJPW stuff is now gone, even more so than the big takedown from a few weeks ago.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I'm finally catching up on Lucha Underground. Just finished the episode that ended with the King Cuerno/Johnny Mundo countout brawl. King Cuerno is awesome. Pentagon Jr. is awesome. Drago is awesome. This show is great.

The show is amazing. I think it is the best wrestling show on TV right now with quality in NXT somewhat dipping.

how long before they say fuck it and just rig the votes

According to some former writers, Vince takes a lot of pride in not rigging the votes on any of the polls they do. Kind of weird for patting yourself on the back for not manipulating things, but that's how it is I guess.

Savitar

Bret and Piper got along extremely well.

They really respected each other.

And that was shown in their title match for the IC belt so long ago.

Top Bottom