• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Kaladin

To me Piper was always like that drunk guy that is just shy of 3 sheets to the wind and you never know if he's quite all there or not.....or if he'll go crazy.

So Nikki Bella what do you think of the sad passing of roddy piper/

@BellaTwins: You & Me. Together Again. 💋💪🏽 #fitness #health #squats #FearlessNikki https://t.co/ptkw1DSB47

Ah ok then!

Disclaimer - I know she may not know but just odd seeing a wall of wrestlers tweeting their sadness and this in the middle

RP912

Banned
One thing I can say about Piper is the fact that he knew how to work a crowd. His mouth was the main attraction with the shit he was saying.

Piper's Pit>>>>>>>>>>>The Funeral Parlor>>>>>>>The Barbershop>>>>>>>>Miz TV

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I can say about Piper is the fact that he knew how to work a crowd. His mouth was the main attraction with the shit he was saying.

Piper's Pit>>>>>>>>>>>The Funeral Parlor>>>>>>>The Barbershop>>>>>>>>Miz TV

i think this is a reason many love paul heyman and in some cases cm punk, paul brings the shit and everyone listens, punk in some cases rocked the mic too such a rare thing now to be honest

CLRy83wVAAAUe9-.jpg

Kaladin

Actually....that looks more like a planned spot. She hits on her hands and knees and rolls through.

If it wasn't a planned spot and Team Bella pulled that she reacted well to cover herself.

krae_man

Actually....that looks more like a planned spot. She hits on her hands and knees and rolls through.

If it wasn't a planned spot and Team Bella pulled that she reacted well to cover herself.

Nikki pulling Brie out of the way was planned. Brie still falling on her ass was not is my guess.

So tonight's G1 looks good

Satoshi Kojima vs. Yujiro in the B Block
*Yuji Nagata vs. Karl Anderson in the B Block
*Michael Elgin vs. Tomoaki Honma in the B Block
*Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Tomohiro Ishii in the B Block (providing Nakamura’s right elbow is better)
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Hirooki Goto in the B Block (IWGP vs. Intercontinental champion)

Homna winning tonight

Here's some old-school Piper stuff from Portland - WWE doesn't own this video library, so it'll likely never be on the network or a DVD set, but it's awesome to see just how over Roddy was in the Northwest;

. Roddy Piper vs Luke Williams - Hair Match - (Portland 1980/03/01)
. Roddy Piper & Mike Popovich vs Buddy Rose & Rip Oliver - (Portland 1980/09/06)
. Roddy Piper (c) vs Buddy Rose - 2/3 Falls - (Portland 1980/09/13)

Some good stuff.mdonyou know who owns Portland tapes.mits a territory's that everyone praises

The Portland masters are largely lost, as the promoter Don Owens was a cheap-ass and re-used tapes rather than keeping stuff - however, there are a few masters in his son's possession (WWE apparently managed to licence a single match for a Piper DVD set a few years back) and there's the Buddy Rose tapes, which Buddy recorded off TV himself from 1980 onwards and where the matches above come from. WWE are also missing the Shire Library from Roy Shire's San-Francisco promotion, which has the bulk of Piper's 70's work.

Ultratech

New OT...

Damn, and I had a August OT name all picked out (Battle of the Ultima Summer G1 Climax).

Oh well.

Terrible ending to July though. :(

The Portland masters are largely lost, as the promoter Don Owens was a cheap-ass and re-used tapes rather than keeping stuff - however, there are a few masters in his son's possession (WWE apparently managed to licence a single match for a Piper DVD set a few years back) and there's the Buddy Rose tapes, which Buddy recorded off TV himself from 1980 onwards and where the matches above come from. WWE are also missing the Shire Library from Roy Shire's San-Francisco promotion, which has the bulk of Piper's 70's work.

Random question but do you know if any footage of Chono in Kansas City exist?

Fox318

Here's some old-school Piper stuff from Portland - WWE doesn't own this video library, so it'll likely never be on the network or a DVD set, but it's awesome to see just how over Roddy was in the Northwest;

. Roddy Piper vs Luke Williams - Hair Match - (Portland 1980/03/01)
. Roddy Piper & Mike Popovich vs Buddy Rose & Rip Oliver - (Portland 1980/09/06)
. Roddy Piper (c) vs Buddy Rose - 2/3 Falls - (Portland 1980/09/13)
That first clip made me wish guys would look at the camera today.

Modern wrestling is waiting for a 69 year old man to die or NJPW to take the west more seriously than axcess

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope this Inafune saga will teach people on gaf to stop romanticizing old video game devs as your 'buds' who just need 'a couple bucks'

Ultratech

If you have anything you'd like included in the OP I'll post it.

Actually, can you put up some info on Triplemania XXIII and BOLA?

I'm sure some people might be interested in that stuff.

Triplemania XXIII (August 9, 2015)

Currently announced matches:
  • Daga, Mamba, Mini Psycho Clown and Sexy Star vs. Dinastía, Drago, Goya Kong and Pimpinela Escarlata (Relevos Atómicos de Locura match)
  • Los Hell Brothers (Averno, Chessman and Cibernético) (c) vs. Fénix and Los Güeros del Cielo (Angélico and Jack Evans) vs. El Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagón Jr. and El Texano Jr. (Three-way six-man tag team match for the AAA World Trios Championship)
  • Los Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown) vs. Los Villanos (Villano III, Villano IV and Villano V) (Six-man tag team match)
  • Blue Demon Jr. and La Parka vs. Electroshock and El Mesias (Tag team match)
  • El Patrón Alberto vs. Brian Cage (Lucha de Apuestas; hair vs. hair match)
  • Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Myzteziz (The "Dream" Match)

PWG's Battle of Los Angeles (BOLA)
Current announced matches so far:

Battle of Los Angeles, Night 1 (Friday, August 28):

- Brian Cage vs. Aero Star
- Andrew Everett vs. Biff Busick
- William Ospreay vs. Mark Andrews
- Trevor Lee vs. Trent?
- Drago vs. Pentagón Jr.
- Matt Sydal vs. Fénix
- Non-tournament match: Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. Angélico & Jack Evans
- Non-tournament match: Tommy End, Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. The Young Bucks & Roderick Strong

Battle of Los Angeles, Night 2 (Saturday, August 29):

- Rich Swann vs. Marty Scurll
- Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Drew Gulak vs. Tommy End
- Angélico vs. Jack Evans
- Mike Bailey vs. Drew Galloway
- Ricochet vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
- Non-tournament match: Fénix & Aero Star vs. Pentagón Jr. & Drago
- Guerrilla Warfare non-tournament match: Andrew Everett, Biff Busick & Trevor Lee vs. The Young Bucks & Super Dragon

So I'm trying to make my way through all of NXT. Anyone know where to find the early episodes when they first moved to Full Sail? They aren't on Hulu for some reason

The best part is that the things people hate about Mega Man's "treatment" were OK'd by Inafune. But all Mega Man fanboys love their persecution complex.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I said it earlier, but Capcom's neglect of Mega Man is going to be less damaging to the brand than Inafune will be.

Keep in mind, while they 'ignored Mega Man' they put all this out
megamanxmvc3.jpg

R0010668.jpg

R0010671.jpg

64606.jpg

f581e154b9a23cd73e7c718f0763bb01.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Actually, can you put up some info on Triplemania XXIII and BOLA?

I'm sure some people might be interested in that stuff.-snip
Added.
I said it earlier, but Capcom's neglect of Mega Man is going to be less damaging to the brand than Inafune will be.

Keep in mind, while they 'ignored Mega Man' they put all this out
-snip
With all this MN9 backlash Capcom should capitalize and announce another Mega Man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe how uptight people got and took seriously about box art Mega Man. Like Jesus. It's like people can't even tell a joke to certain people on the internet about appearances without the fans getting into a violent rage
With all this MN9 backlash Capcom should capitalize and announce another Mega Man.

I'm still waiting for an Insomniac developed Mega Man Legends 3.

PInk Tape

Banned
Tyrus' beard is fucking gross

It looks fake :s

I can't believe how uptight people got and took seriously about box art Mega Man. Like Jesus. It's like people can't even tell a joke to certain people on the internet about appearances without the fans getting into a violent rage

People take franchises and the people who make them way too seriously.

Like remember that one racing game where the screenshots showed how bad the crowd models looked and people were, obviously, cracking jokes about it because they looked like poorly done PS1 models. It wasn't that big a deal until fans started blowing up and getting all defensive over it like their livelihoods were on the line and they were going to win a million dollars or some shit. Everything has to be so dull and serious when discussing anything video games even if it's the most preposterous stuff and it isn't like the creators care whether or not someone says something bad about their game. All they want is money and a supportive fan base that will buy their games, that's it.

Top Bottom