• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waikis

rass said:
I thought it was 60 days in VIC as well?

For fixed term tenancy agreement for a fixed term of 6 months or more, not less than 90days before the end of the fixed term.
In the case of a fixed term tenancy agreement for a fixed term of less than 6 months, not less than 60 days before the end of the fixed term.

But this is subject to some exceptions such as the landlord wanting to sell the land etc... - then in that case Landlord is required to give a 60 days notice.

Mar said:
It constantly amazes me how hard it is to give people money.
In a similar situation today but with software. Apparently it is a vendor's end of quarter meaning the deal we're getting is pretty good (I'm cynical, but whatever), but they'll need the money promised tomorrow... and I'm in a massive beaurocracy, so that's going to be fun.

legend166

Man, hotels aren't as expensive as I thought they would be.

Looking at places to stay in Vienna to kick off my Europe trip next year. Can get a room in a 5 star hotel in the middle of the city for $110 a night :lol

legend166

Choc said:
so gizmodo with the hyperbole...

There’s a million reasons why Windows Phone 7 matters. It’s the most important PC company in the world, battered, bruised and badly lagging, coming back to the next generation of PCs, after crashing on a bunch of rocks and abandoning ship. It’s potentially the most tectonic shift in mobile since the launch of iPhone and Android over three years ago. It’s Microsoft starting over and betting massively on its future. It’s a very different kind of Microsoft product. It could be the beginning of something truly great.

"This the most major phone OS release since the last major phone OS release."

Mar

Agyar said:
My mistake, apply my comments to Gizmodo instead of yourself.

Isn't Gizmodo the site that got banned from Apple's events? Sounds about right that they'd jump on the Microsoft bandwagon.

Bernbaum

As a rule, if a Choc post yields sentences that start with capitalisations and end with periods, assume it was authored by anyone but Choc.

legend166 said:
Man, hotels aren't as expensive as I thought they would be.

Looking at places to stay in Vienna to kick off my Europe trip next year. Can get a room in a 5 star hotel in the middle of the city for $110 a night :lol
^5 doing similar trip next year

Go for a backpackers and youll save even more!

giri

Fredescu said:
The company I work for does a lot of projects from tiny to sorta big with server hardware and Dell are easily the worst to deal with according to absolutely everyone here. I work a lot closer to the pre sales here than I have anywhere before, and I've often wondered how people ended up buying IBM hardware but it's mostly because they're easy to buy stuff off. Given the choice I'd always use HP, but I never have the choice.

Oh, and ozgameshop have Split/Second for $35 if you were interested in trying it out.

I fully endorse HP. They're awesome and so are their products in general. They even speak english on the phone!

Fredescu

giri said:
I fully endorse HP. They're awesome and so are their products in general. They even speak english on the phone!
It's absolutely laughable how easy their stuff is to rack too, especially directly after doing Sun or IBM. It's like it all just clicks magically into place.

Mar

I like HP too (although their website is stuck in the 1970s, probably running on digital VAX equipment or something), my previous servers were all HP. But our university has gone Dell now and also less flexible. I'm at the mercy of the men who think they know what they are doing.

rass

Bernbaum said:
Pixar's Incredibles making its way to BluRay.

Hasn't today been just superb?
seriously?
28ldj68.jpg

Shaneus

Welp, switched over from Supernerd to TPG ADSL1 today. Hoping that the port on my local RIM somehow forgets it was locked due to congestion and goes back up to 8mbps. Pray for me, AusGAF.

Hope TPG aren't too shit, either. At $70 for unlimited (vs. $99 for 230gb @ SN) it could go either way.

Shaneus said:
Hope TPG aren't too shit, either. At $70 for unlimited (vs. $99 for 230gb @ SN) it could go either way.
I hear TPG gets totally bogged down in peak times, particularly as they've always had higher limits than most. Then again, I know people who have been on them and never had a complaint, so it might be due to the area as well.

Sew

TPG can get a little bogged down (I'm on the Surry Hills exchange) but it's rarely an issue. I fluctuate between 5mbit - 10mbit, in a building with bad old wiring. In three years I've never had a reason to call customer service.

(Getting it connected though... ffffuuuu. We actually changed over from Supernerd as well, and trying to get SN/Telstra/TPG to all play nicely and get us connected nearly drove me insane. It took weeks.)

Bernbaum

Picked up my Vanquish after lunch. Big mistake- it's sitting here on my desk, looking at me, judging me...

a minute ago, I swear I heard it whispering my name...

Shaneus

Sew said:
TPG can get a little bogged down (I'm on the Surry Hills exchange) but it's rarely an issue. I fluctuate between 5mbit - 10mbit, in a building with bad old wiring. In three years I've never had a reason to call customer service.

(Getting it connected though... ffffuuuu. We actually changed over from Supernerd as well, and trying to get SN/Telstra/TPG to all play nicely and get us connected nearly drove me insane. It took weeks.)
Ah shit, don't say that... they said I could fast churn! I'm on a RIM that's really close to my unit, actually... I have no doubt I'll be able to sync @ 8000kbps, but whether Telstra still decide to lock me down or not, that's another story.

And I don't think any bogging down that may happen would be due to TPG themselves, but the amount of users connected on the same RIM I am (at least, so I've read). But I'm saving $30 a month, so I can't really complain (unless it's absolutely pathetic).

Hey, anyone know how to trick Steam into locking onto the 3FL game server on a Mac? I have iinet and it's unmetered on the 3FL servers, but not the others, you can do it with 'steamwatch' on PCs, but i'm a bit lost in Mac world. Anyone?

Ydahs

It's amazing that only one year ago Melbourne's water storage was at an all time recorded low, but now is near a four year high.

Mar

Bernbaum said:
Picked up my Vanquish after lunch. Big mistake- it's sitting here on my desk, looking at me, judging me...

a minute ago, I swear I heard it whispering my name...

Really interested to hear what you think of it. I'm considering buying it... Even though I probably won't get to it for another 2 years.

Edge gave it a great review.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
POWERSPHERE said:
Hey, anyone know how to trick Steam into locking onto the 3FL game server on a Mac? I have iinet and it's unmetered on the 3FL servers, but not the others, you can do it with 'steamwatch' on PCs, but i'm a bit lost in Mac world. Anyone?

You have to use some sweet commands.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1230616&r=23973797#r23973797
some mac stuff on the last page here - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1230616&p=39

Just make sure you use the right IP numbers. The ones in the original link would be outdated by now.

Rahk

Mar said:
Really interested to hear what you think of it. I'm considering buying it... Even though I probably won't get to it for another 2 years.

I think I'll stop buying new releases until I finish the last new release I bought.

I haven't even started Castlevania. By the time I finish it Vanquish will probably be cheaper.

Choc

Banned
Ydahs said:
It's amazing that only one year ago Melbourne's water storage was at an all time recorded low, but now is near a four year high.

That's what happens when you start to build a desalination plant same thing happened in syd

The month it started construction it started to rain a lot more

Rain doesn't change the fact that our dams are woefully inadequate for a growing population.

Then again, there are no votes in preventing problems. There are, however, votes in fixing them.

Ventron

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Rain doesn't change the fact that our dams are woefully inadequate for a growing population.

Then again, there are no votes in preventing problems. There are, however, votes in fixing them.

Not even that. Votes can come just from acknowledging problems and "I feel your pain" bullshit. Ever watch that hideous "worm" during debates?

Bernbaum

Mar said:

Played the demo twice in the last few days to satiate my hunger. Felt the need to get my chops up before submitting myself to the full experience.

I admit to needlessly (and intentionally) getting caught up in the hype, so I'm jumping in with high expectations. Considering the talent involved, however, I can probably be excused.

The OT turned into a bit of a poo-fest, and I avoided the discussion once the dubious reviews started coming in. There were some unabashed Platinum apologists in there who should probably be a bit more realistic about how the game's short length may affect its replayability. As Rez may well agree, I connect strongly with the 'feel' and responsiveness of a game before I can start to engage with any narrative that may exist. For me, Bayonetta was all about the damned-perfect blocking system, and it's the little nuances like that which will make me play an action game more than once.

Guess I'll find out for sure in a few hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom