• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Fengshuifever and I met Odin at the crowbar. AND saw area 7. What a night.

Wow that top of the page post...

Can I just confirm something? When you discover that last night you sent 23 blank pocket texts to your ex who doesn't want anything to do with you the correct response is to just pretend it never happened yeah?

I'm not sure about the correct response, but the correct action is to delete her number.

Grassy

So, these new Shapes...all the flavor went into the packaging.
LLShC.gif

They're fucking trash, and my local Woolworths isn't selling the OG Barbecue Shapes at all anymore...just the new shitty flavour.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Old lady on my train explaining to her husband how facebook works.

This is a delightful conversation.

Dryk

Yeah why would you still have it
I haven't had any reason to get rid of it before. It's so unobtrusive that it would take more effort to remove than it would to just keep ignoring it. I did not forsee a freak accident like this happening because the number of accidental button presses involved is too high.

Sort of related: I caught up with my previous ex at the art gallery a month ago and she still had my number for some reason. It was surprising but also kind of nice that she never gave up on being friends again one day.

Now their friend here!

"Instagram? Are you on instagram?"

old people say the darndest things
Tell them to follow my account!

dity

Hmm odd, seems like I'm being placed into American servers.

But yeah, game is great aside from that.

Well yeah, Battle.net puts Australia with the USA. Our region is "America". It's weird like that, may be due to Australia east coast to USA west coast distance rather than the usual NTSC vs PAL thing.

Card Boy

Banned
Dam BF4 Premium and BF Hardline Premium are now available in EA Access. The gift that keeps on giving. Sony dropped the ball on EA Access.

Dam BF4 Premium and BF Hardline Premium are now available in EA Access. The gift that keeps on giving. Sony dropped the ball on EA Access.

I gotta admit that I assumed those 2 going into the value would be pretty unimportant as the people who be playing either game regularly would already own them.

Even with an X1 I still have zero interest in EA Access, I'm not into sports or MP games though which is 99% of the reason I expect.

Fredescu

Bowie, Prince, and now Reg Grundy. That Sons and Daughters theme song has gotta be up there with Purple Rain.

I think Sons and Daughters must have come on after something I liked watching, because I remember the whole theme song and it hasn't aired since the 80s.

Stackboy

Does anyone know what time in Australia the Overwatch beta will end? I know it got an extra day, I'm just hoping I can play it while Uncharted 4 installs tomorrow.

Quasar

So finally engaged my Extended JB HiFi warranty on my long faulty PS4. Anyone used this program?

Kind of amused that the nearest service agent they hooked me up with is in another state.

As I noted in my letter, the issues are:

This PS4 has several problems all related to the power system. The symptoms include:

1. Sometimes when doing a cold boot, when you try and start it the boot process starts for a second or two then the PS4 goes dead. Pressing the start button on the PS4 has no response at this point. I need to unplug the cord from the back of the PS4 and re-plug it in before I can try to start the PS4. This second try always works.
2. With the PS4 sleep mode, the PS4 frequently fails to wake up from sleep mode. Just like symptom 1 it goes dead and to get it to start I first need to unplug and plug back in the power otherwise the start button on the console does nothing.
3. Anytime the system needs to reboot, such as with updating the system software or doing a backup, at the point where the system is shut down and rebooted this PS4 never turns back on. Again to get it to start I need to unplug the PS4 from the power and then plug it back in. This problem happens every time.

These were always around I think, just that I thought they were all firmware related so I hung around waiting for that to get fixed. Never happened and now we have my warranty almost expired and the neo coming so I probably will want to offload it.

These problems wouldn't just be a faulty power cord would they? I wouldn't think so.

So finally engaged my Extended JB HiFi warranty on my long faulty PS4. Anyone used this program?

Kind of amused that the nearest service agent they hooked me up with is in another state.

These were always around I think, just that I thought they were all firmware related so I hung around waiting for that to get fixed. Never happened and now we have my warranty almost expired and the neo coming so I probably will want to offload it.

These problems wouldn't just be a faulty power cord would they? I wouldn't think so.

If a factory reboot doesn't help I'd assume that's a hardware issue since everything comes back to doing a full power cycle.

should be easy enough to test but it sounds internal. worth a try.

Quasar

If a factory reboot doesn't help I'd assume that's a hardware issue since everything comes back to doing a full power cycle.

That's what I thought too. Just was a little concerned given the fine print in the warranty (faulty cords nor covered) which would mean I'd then be up for courier charges both says plus some kind of service fee to get it back.

I'm pretty sure they're just a small figure-8 kettle/electronics plug. Aren't they? I can't be certain but that's what my memory is telling me.

MoonGred

Maybe I'm just late to the party, but I've heard zero hype about Deutschland 83.

That show is freaking amazing, it''s been ages since I've been so captivated by a series.

MoonGred

In the true Ausgaf fashion there must always be one shilling for Stan, this time it will be me.

You should really try the free trial, if anything just to watch Deutschland 83.
Since the whole Netflix dns blocking it's become my mostly used streaming service. Their movie offers aren't great but I've noticed that they tend to offer at least one recent blockbuster a month (this month's is John Wick).
The shows are where they really shine in my opinion, they lack their own creative works like Netflix but make it up with some more mainstream shows like Izombie, and others that tickles people fancy. Not to mention that they have Workaholics and Broadcity which is another great reason to sign up.

Streaming quality seems to be great as well, I'm still in the honeymoon period of my new tv but shows like Deutschland 83 looks amazing with 0 buffering (I've got FTTP NBN so ymmv)

All in all for an Australian streaming platform that's just over a year old I'm thoroughly impressed, you could spend you $10 on far worse things.

You'd think so. Where do you even buy replacement PS4 cords? Looked on ebay and of course they all need to be shipped from asia.

anywhere. chances are you already have 50 of them around your house now, sitting in drawers, etc.
try your PS3, PS2, DVD player, Bluray player, Stereo, Soundbar, Amp, Printer, scanner, external Hard drive, streaming box, DVR, cable box, router, laptop, etc...

They sell them in Big W, Woolworths, Coles, Kmart, everywhere.

bomma_man

In the true Ausgaf fashion there must always be one shilling for Stan, this time it will be me.

You should really try the free trial, if anything just to watch Deutschland 83.
Since the whole Netflix dns blocking it's become my mostly used streaming service. Their movie offers aren't great but I've noticed that they tend to offer at least one recent blockbuster a month (this month's is John Wick).
The shows are where they really shine in my opinion, they lack their own creative works like Netflix but make it up with some more mainstream shows like Izombie, and others that tickles people fancy. Not to mention that they have Workaholics and Broadcity which is another great reason to sign up.

Streaming quality seems to be great as well, I'm still in the honeymoon period of my new tv but shows like Deutschland 83 looks amazing with 0 buffering (I've got FTTP NBN so ymmv)

All in all for an Australian streaming platform that's just over a year old I'm thoroughly impressed, you could spend you $10 on far worse things.

yeah agreed, although the stream quality is significantly lower than netflix, and might be getting worse. compression for days. but the selection is eons better.

has anyone got uncharted cheaper than big w's $69?

MoonGred

Is the compression tide to certain shows? I know it's really bad with workaholics but deutschland is gorgeous.

That big w price is only valid until they sell out of stock right? I'll pick it up in Friday if they still have it.

bomma_man

Is the compression tide to certain shows? I know it's really bad with workaholics but deutschland is gorgeous.

That big w price is only valid until they sell out of stock right? I'll pick it up in Friday if they still have it.

It might be, deadwood looks like arse

Is that the base game and the premium pass as well? You can get them for $22.95 on PSN... how much is EA Access?

Quasar

anywhere. chances are you already have 50 of them around your house now, sitting in drawers, etc.
try your PS3, PS2, DVD player, Bluray player, Stereo, Soundbar, Amp, Printer, scanner, external Hard drive, streaming box, DVR, cable box, router, laptop, etc...

They sell them in Big W, Woolworths, Coles, Kmart, everywhere.

Never thought of that. I figured the ps4 had special ones as it draws more power than your average appliance.

Also...good god does it take a long time to backup my 1tb ps4 onto an external usb drive.

Maybe I'm just late to the party, but I've heard zero hype about Deutschland 83.

That show is freaking amazing, it''s been ages since I've been so captivated by a series.

Watched a couple of episodes but didn't get pulled in.
Might give it more of a shot one day

Forgot I signed up to trial Stan. Never used it but got charged this month lol. Will watch Ash vs Evil Dead before it's up though, good excuse. Shame it runs like shit for me, unlike Netflix.

Never thought of that. I figured the ps4 had special ones as it draws more power than your average appliance.

Nope, power supply is internal which is great.

bomma_man

Forgot I signed up to trial Stan. Never used it but got charged this month lol. Will watch Ash vs Evil Dead before it's up though, good excuse. Shame it runs like shit for me, unlike Netflix.

Nope, power supply is internal which is great.

It runs pretty fine on the ps4

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
They really need to get a html 5 player that works outsid of chrome. Because I would cancel netflix and use Stan but I won't work on my wiiu. Filthy.

Did the same for animelab over crunchyroll, no need for an app, the browser works fine as

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom