• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Echoplx

Just got my Gemini Rue key from the Indie Royale, gonna be a good weekend :D

Jintor said:
Alpha Protocol was a great RPG with mediocre gameplay.

I've seen the video of you dancing around with AP, opinion invalid!

Salazar

Jintor said:
You jumped the gun with the new thread though Choccers.

Surely you've been to gaming before.

You could post a video of him forcefeeding the disc to a lorikeet and get posts like

*shrug*

Dead Man

Meh. It's unprofessional, but TES is a pretty well loved and anticipated franchise. Shouldn't have posted the video until after the review, but it's not the end of the world. Oh, and Joystiq LOL.

Kerrby

Banned
Dead Man said:
Meh. It's unprofessional, but TES is a pretty well loved and anticipated franchise. Shouldn't have posted the video until after the review, but it's not the end of the world. Oh, and Joystiq LOL.

The only thing I know about Joystiq is that they gave Nier no score or something because the guy couldn't fish properly.
wait, that was joystiq right?

Shaneus

Welp, I've had my fun with Forza 4.
jX634.jpg

Next!

Salazar

reggie said:
You guys need to lock Choc up. His latest thread is awful.

Someone would have to hose out the cell afterwards.

reptilescorpio said:
Alpha protocol is a flawed gem

More flaw than gem. My only real moment of pleasure was having a grenade explode under my bottom while in a crouched pose and doing a forward flip while remaining in that pose.

Clipper

OK, so I flew into Brissy on Qantas this morning. My return flight with Qantas is booked for Tuesday. Now that they've grounded all flights I need to gamble on whether I buy a Virgin ticket now and risk Qantas not refunding my ticket or wait it out until I'm sure my flight will be cancelled and risk paying more to get a Virgin flight later on.

Bloody hell :S

Choc

Banned
seriously never going to post in gaming again a thread

its to hard to read the barometer of this place

they say ign is shit and journalists are dicks but defend a video of a journalist which quite clearly undermines him in terms of his review.

smh :(

midonnay

Clipper said:
OK, so I flew into Brissy on Qantas this morning. My return flight with Qantas is booked for Tuesday. Now that they've grounded all flights I need to gamble on whether I buy a Virgin ticket now and risk Qantas not refunding my ticket or wait it out until I'm sure my flight will be cancelled and risk paying more to get a Virgin flight later on.

Bloody hell :S

Fair work australia may be arbitrating tomorrow so all may not be lost yet...

Kerrby

Banned
Choc said:

they say ign is shit and journalists are dicks but defend a video of a journalist which quite clearly undermines him in terms of his review.

It's okay choc *strokes bird head*, we can't all beat Kerrby. There there.

Choc

Banned
midonnay said:
Fair work australia may be arbitrating tomorrow so all may not be lost yet...

tonight at 10pm but its only to rule if the lockout is illegal or not

i'm going to take a guess its legal. QF wouldnt do this without major legal advice

Clipper

Well, I already missed out on the cheap virgin flights. They went up by $80 in half an hour. Thankfully, the Virgin website has a new message saying they are introducing special “Stranded Passenger recovery fares", so I'll just sit refreshing the page for a while and ensure I get one (it's for people in a foreign port with a flight within 5 days).

Dead Man

Choc said:
tonight at 10pm but its only to rule if the lockout is illegal or not

i'm going to take a guess its legal. QF wouldnt do this without major legal advice
Of course it's legal. Companies acting like children is always legal.

Choc

Banned
guys

ill admit when i got a game that was anticipated i was excited, BUT i didnt post videos of myself dancing on the net (because i cant dance) AND i made sure that it didnt affect my view of the game

you can find yourself defending a game when you shouldn't when you believe it to be tha thyped. It's stockholm syndrome. The game has held you hostage for so long in hype that you believe anything it says and fall in love with it.

hamchan

Choc said:
guys

ill admit when i got a game that was anticipated i was excited, BUT i didnt post videos of myself dancing on the net (because i cant dance) AND i made sure that it didnt affect my view of the game

you can find yourself defending a game when you shouldn't when you believe it to be tha thyped. It's stockholm syndrome. The game has held you hostage for so long in hype that you believe anything it says and fall in love with it.

This is why I don't get super hyped for games anymore.

Also why I can't feel love anymore :( :( :(

Dead Man

Choc said:
guys

Nah, I was super hyped for GTAIV, more than any game in recent memory. I hated it after just a few hours.

Jintor

Salazar said:
More flaw than gem. My only real moment of pleasure was having a grenade explode under my bottom while in a crouched pose and doing a forward flip while remaining in that pose.

I find the way the narrative twists and contracts to reflect your choices amazing. It's a pity I'm not a fan in any way of much of the incidental writing. Emails though are amazing.

pilonv1

Choc said:

8/10

Jintor

Choc said:

Choc, a lot of reviewers are really enthusiastic about stuff

you don't call Jeff Gherstman out on reviewing Skylanders despite the fact that I think he's spent like $200 bucks on ridiculous Skylanders merchandise at this point

it's not a moot point, but it's really not that big a deal

Dead Man

Choc said:

Gaming is not for the faint of heart. It is full of pettiness, and children who change their opinion to join in piling on whatever is the designated victim of the minute.

Edit: Virgin offering 'recovery fares'

http://abc.com.au/news/2011-10-29/virgin-to-accommodate-qantas-passengers/3608292
Virgin Australia says it will accommodate Qantas passengers where possible and the airline is considering adding extra flights to its schedule.

The airline say it is currently holding discussions with alliance partners to add more flights as soon as possible.

"Virgin Australia will offer special stranded passenger recovery fares for passengers who are currently at a port away from home and hold a Qantas ticket to return home initially within the next five days," the company said in a statement.

"These special fares are subject to availability."

Qantas passengers are advised to visit the Virgin Australia website to check whether they are eligible for this fare.

Might be helpful for those stuck. Nice PR move by Virgin too. Still wouldn't fly either one if I had a choice. Malaysia and Singapore are my international airlines of choice, service is brilliant.

Choc said:
guys

Max Payne 2 is one of my fav games. The pc previews for Alan Wake were mindblowing. Picked it up day one and it was the biggest disapointment of my life. You should have seen the massive shit eating grin and skip in my step as I hurried home from jb hifi though.

Clipper

So, I'm not stuck in Brisbane. Booked a Virgin flight at $150 for Wednesday night (my Qantas flight is on Tuesday). Now I get to see what happens if my Qantas flight isn't cancelled and whether I can qualify for the Virgin 20% off special rate they've announced. On the Virgin thing, I qualify, but they say you have to apply through a site that isn't up yet and I already paid for the $150 flight just because I knew the prices might be back up to $220+ again as they were an hour ago.

Although if I am staying the extra night on Tuesday and the extra day on Wednesday, I guess I could be up for something if you guys are free to meetup :p.

Clipper

So, I just got off a hour-on-hold phone call to Virgin. Turns out I'd booked Sydney -> Brisbane instead of Brisbane -> Sydney!

Guy fixed it right up once I got onto him. It's actually impossible to get the price I got at the time I booked, so that's pretty nice. I might even qualify for the 20% off still when that comes online (although I doubt that'll be too easy).

Top Bottom