• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Echoplx

I just discovered the best way to counter housemates playing loud music.

Drown it out with the sound of dying robots and laser beams in Hard Reset.

Gazunta

Just got home from a 6am start work day. Ughhh sore sore sore, I have no idea how people do real actual work every day.

(scrolls up) interesting about the new TOS but i totaliy see the intent behind it. It seems similar the TOS of anything that needs to copy your data from your PC to other machines in order to provide a service.

And in regards to Kotaku and Brendan, heh, funny how tin foil hats come out at the easiest opportunity. Does the PBF guy pay Evillore every time someone starts a "New PBF is up!" thread?

Ydahs

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/nyC3y.png[/IMG]

Success. Increased the fps from ~170 to ~300. Still a long way to go though...

EDIT yeah I'm an idiot. Was drawing each 'sky' tile for some reason. Removed it, added a background image and fps is now ~750.
RsY5E.png

Not only does this increase the fps by 450, it also allows for parallax scrolling backgrounds :D

I thought it was a big step down from Moon but still decent. Would've been much better if the last 10-15 minutes were removed. Gyllenhaal is pretty great though.

roosters93 said:
I thought it was a big step down from Moon but still decent. Would've been much better if the last 10-15 minutes were removed. Gyllenhaal is pretty great though.
I agree on all those points. As far as harder sci-fi is concerned, I also thought Limitless was surprisingly good.

Bernbaum

roosters93 said:
I thought it was a big minor step down from Moon but still decent. Would've been much better if the last 10-15 minutes were removed. Gyllenhaal is pretty great though.
You have said things I agree with.

I'll take anything from Duncan Jones, even it means compromising avant-garde storytelling for mainstream palatability.

Choc

Banned
midonnay said:
haha, qantas going the nuclear option....

are they trying to pressure gillard to act?

yes

but she won't see this as a very good move and may side more with the workers

but yes its joyce trying to force the governments hand. As well as this Alan Joyce just proved himself to be the biggest fuckwit in history

1 day after the AGM? No balls to do it before you got slammed by the shareholders?

and hang on, if you're not running a going concern while its locked out, why should you get paid?

How do you spell fuckwit? Alan Joyce

The public will turn on him like crazy. QF shares will drop like rocks monday morning although the ASX i assume will put a freeze on the shares

Reading more about it. Those flights in the air now will complete but once landed they are grounded. So anyone on the way to london right now via singapore/bangkok having left before this went down and people knew, will be stuck in singapore and bangkok including all the crew

farkin crazy

Choc

Banned
passengers in 12 planes at airport gates at the time of the announcement had to disembark;
64 planes currently in the air, carrying 7000 passengers, are continuing to their destinations, but passengers with connecting flights will be grounded and given other accommodation;
108 planes at 22 airports are affected;
an estimated 13,000 passengers will be affected in the next 24 hours alone.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/...et/story-e6frfq80-1226180315331#ixzz1c9VO2pzp

wow

Choc

Banned
this helps the union case very strongly

'He has said overseas staff would not be affected by the lockout and would continue to be paid.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/qantas-grounds-entire-fleet/story-e6frfq80-1226180315331#ixzz1c9VduADB'

um

so you value your overseas staff more than your local based ones? guess the unions are right

legend166

Choc said:
this helps the union case very strongly

'He has said overseas staff would not be affected by the lockout and would continue to be paid.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/qantas-grounds-entire-fleet/story-e6frfq80-1226180315331#ixzz1c9VduADB'

um

so you value your overseas staff more than your local based ones? guess the unions are right

Um, I think it has to do with the fact that the overseas employees don't have anything to do with the unions and haven't been threatening strike action for the last month?

Qantas are quite possibly the worst airline, so personally I hope they totally implode. I don't want any who actually matters to be out of work, but as an airline, fuck them.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Um, I think it has to do with the fact that the overseas employees don't have anything to do with the unions and haven't been threatening strike action for the last month?

this is true but still, the planes arent flying.

Joyce shouldnt be getting paid

it's a shame cod. Qantas was an amazing airline, it should be re-nationalised because its an Australian icon

Choc

Banned
rofl

Parliament resumes this week, all pollies fly qantas

parliament screwed

lol

i bet TA blames Gillard for this but its no where near her fault

Rezbit

Alan Joyce is a massive bell-end. It's funny seeing a couple of people on my facebook feed going GO QANTAS! FUCK UNIONS! I'm tempted to bite, but I really can't be bothered.

Source Code was fucking awesome. Loved how fast paced it was...until the end. Man that ending SUCKED.

Also random question, what does the aliasing deferred thing do in BF3? Turning it off from 2x MSAA or even 4x has a big performance boost, lets me have everything on ultra and still seems to look just at good? Maybe even takes away a bit of vaseline look. Could be imagining all of the above though.

Choc said:
it's a shame cod. Qantas was an amazing airline, it should be re-nationalised because its an Australian icon
What exactly about Qantas makes it amazing or an icon? Sure, it was a success story once, but it's no longer relevant if you ask me.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
What exactly about Qantas makes it amazing or an icon? Sure, it was a success story once, but it's no longer relevant if you ask me.

The safety record, the fact it was built by Australians in Australia and was made a successful business versus massive airlines

The problem is Emirates, Etihad, British Airways and even Air New Zealand are subsidised by their governments

Qantas is not. So they are uncompetitive. They should be helped by the Gvt somewhat because they are an icon AND they are against other airlines which are.

Air New Zealand is half owned by the NZ Gvt

Did all those other airlines begin as private companies and receive bailouts from their governments, or did the governments create the companies?

The only (IMO) reason Australians fly Qantas is 'because they're Australian'. Not because they're cheap (they're not). Not because they provide good service (they don't). But because they happen to have been created on the same bit of land.

Qantas does have a good safety record but it's not like they're the only one with no fatalities.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rezbit said:
Source Code was fucking awesome. Loved how fast paced it was...until the end. Man that ending SUCKED.

I thought that was like the only good part about it, Well maybe not good but twist!

I was thinking, I'm not really going to watch ~2hrs of this guy attempt the same thing over and over am I, What's the point?

Oh there's the point.

That was source code.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
Did all those other airlines begin as private companies and receive bailouts from their governments, or did the governments create the companies?

The only (IMO) reason Australians fly Qantas is 'because they're Australian'. Not because they're cheap (they're not). Not because they provide good service (they don't). But because they happen to have been create on the same bit of land.

Qantas does have a good safety record but it's not like they're the only one with no fatalities.

Air New Zealand was made by the Federal Government of NZ. Emirates is the airline of the UAE Government and I believe British Airways was built by the UK Government.

So yes, all of them came from Governments :p

We are in a market which is unfair for QANTAS as it is.

Yes cod, but a lot of people fly ANA and JAL from Japan who are japanese for the same reason. Patriotism. Nothing wrong with that.

And Cod

Air NZ has had a fatal accident, as has British Airways and Emirates almost crashed in Melbourne a few years ago.

Choc

Banned
Kirby, if he posted it AFTER he posted his review then perhaps just perhaps its acceptable

Any review he writes about Skyrim is now pointless if its positive. People will point to that video and say well it was a given and you cant trust him

Kerrby

Banned
Choc said:
Kirby, if he posted it AFTER he posted his review then perhaps just perhaps its acceptable

Any review he writes about Skyrim is now pointless if its positive. People will point to that video and say well it was a given and you cant trust him

Perhaps but I think it's more fair to get angry once he's reviewed the game to see just how biased he is.

3chopl0x said:
Good to see Kerrbys back to his old self, calling Alpha Protocol shit and supporting poor journalism in the same day!

Alpha Protocol is shit, I can't defend shit games.

Top Bottom