• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Taisho Mebiusline Chicchaisan Episode 1 – A Fateful Arrival in Tokyo
DLf4ug4WAAA__qS.jpg:small

Another season and another BL anime this time set around WW and just 3 minutes.

Chibi designs are cute.

BlastCore

Banned
Dies Irae 01

Anime continues it's strange obsession with Nazi's.

It also continues it's strange obsession with choppy and floaty action scenes.

e_i

Girls' Last Tour episode 1

Return of the wide face! Also, my god the use of sound is incredible. The music is fantastic as well. I see that the sound director has done sound direction for every anime in existance.

Guys, watch this aninne with headphones on.

100% Teacher Pascal Episode 26
DLf9kxpUQAACtka.jpg:small

Pascal from 0% to 1% to overboard percent! Amazing. Also that 1% Pascal in the logo, I got it this episode.

Im glad were continuing for another season, probably only person in America who cares, but I love this show.

Sterok

Yuuki Yuuna: Washio Sumi 1

What was the point of the movies if they're just going to put them in standard format a few months later? Well they were decent enough to deserve a rewatch before the new content. As one of the better Madoka successors, I do want this to succeed so that we can get more spins on the magical girl formula. For now, everyone's happy, and there's almost no secrets or conspiracies among any of the good guys.

Kansoku

Kino no Tabi - 1

This was great. I'm still not sold on Kino's design (
not androgynous enough IMO
), but other than that, it's fantastic. In particular, while it think the OG color pallet matched the tone better, I'm enjoying the brighter colors, it works nice as a juxtaposition between the first impression and the reality of the countries.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - 1

Quite enjoyable. The characters are amusing and the setting is interesting so I'm sure I'll like it. The transition between Starry Sky and war was a little weird tho, would've preferred something more connected.

18if Episode 12 (EngDub)

Haruto no, no wait maybe its good, because it means hes not like an old elderly man now, but still a coma. I wonder what his sad backstory is and if it ties into him being bullied was it?

Good battle scenes with idols v fortress though.

Kino's Journey 01
I had a few reservations from the previews, but I'm pretty happy with this. Manages to capture the same spirit and atmosphere of the original despite the brighter visuals, and Aoi Yuuki, though I doubted her at first given her typecast roles, did a pretty good job. About the only thing I disliked was some of the CG cuts. Just Hermes himself is fine, but whenever Kino was also replaced with a CG model was when things got a bit more jarring.

Will probably easily end up as my AOTY, unless coming episodes manage to extremely mess things up. Though there probably will be some overlap with the original anime, I do hope that most of the stories will be different.

Majin Bone 2:
Solid second episode. It's mostly a slower episode taking a little while for Shougo to get to where he needs to be after the events of the first episode, but that makes sense. Antonio's antics were pretty hilarious, and Shougo's sister remains a delight in every scene she's in. The transformation sequences were pretty awesome.

NGNL is like the opposite of Cuphead, where every screen of Cuphead could be back of the box material, every single screenshot of NGNL looks atrocious. Like the same kind of color vomit people roast GoHands show for

Yep, I constantly have to remind myself that NGNL is somehow not a GoHands production. They stole GoHand's patent hideous color direction to a T, if it wasn't a horrible thing to steal I would actually be impressed on how well they copied it.

Yep, I constantly have to remind myself that NGNL is somehow not a GoHands production. They stole GoHand's patent hideous color direction to a T, if it wasn't a horrible thing to steal I would actually be impressed on how well they copied it.

Atsuko Ishizuka is a fan of that kind of color design, although No Game No Life is the most extreme she's gone in that direction.

Majin Bone 2:
Solid second episode. It's mostly a slower episode taking a little while for Shougo to get to where he needs to be after the events of the first episode, but that makes sense. Antonio's antics were pretty hilarious, and Shougo's sister remains a delight in every scene she's in. The transformation sequences were pretty awesome.

Every single female character in Majin Bone is fantastic. I love the five main dudes but all the girls in this show are so much fun.

mankoto

Recovery of an MMO Junkie - 01
She quit her job to be a NEET, but at least she seems to be a neat freak so she's not completely insane. I think. Then again, she bought a new computer and are buying money cards for her game...

Here's to hoping that her new friend will put her back into society.

NGNL is like the opposite of Cuphead, where every screen of Cuphead could be back of the box material, every single screenshot of NGNL looks atrocious. Like the same kind of color vomit people roast GoHands show for

Damn I thought it looked great.

The color for me helped create a odd worldly atmosphere.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kino no Tabi 2017 1

TFW owned by semantics.

Vanishing line -garo-
Mappa is bringing the fucking goods here. So refreshing to see a makai knight who seems happy to bash some horror's head in, swords fighting style is much more brutal and unrefined compared to typical garo protagonists. instead of the previous more stoic protagonist from both the tokusatsu shows and previous animes, Sword reminds me almost of Germán from garo:the animation in character. serious when he needs to be, happy when the boobs show up, and ready to spd some horrors face into the ground. the action scenes are some anime ass anime and a joy to watch, will continue to watch.

Zaruba bike/10

Bulzeeb

The Ancient Magus Bride TV CM

https://youtu.be/cSF6VRus5Ic

This anime is gonna look beautiful. I am really happy this wonderful manga seems to be getting a quality adaptation.

But man I thought it was airing Saturday not Sunday......... I have to wait two more days lol.

Edit: I have heard the song for the Opening of Magus Bride and man is it fantastic. JUNNA is a great singer. Now to wait if the visuals hold up because the song is great.

I have a question about this one, should I watch to OVA before this? or I am good to start with this verison?

Busaiku

No Game, No Life finished

Basically the same thoughts as before.
If most of the show wasn't so disgusting, and just about these arrogant jerks taking advantage of a bunch of dummies, I would've really liked it.

Really, I only watched it because I heard the movie was really good, and didn't have all this nasty 11 year old stuff, so still looking forward to that.
So yeah, hoping it's like a Fate/Zero situation.

Definitely won't be checking out more of the main series.

I liked the barf of rainbows too.

I mean you can watch the OVAs before the anime tv series. However, since the OVAs are a prequel to the source material it would make sense to see them maybe after 10 to 12 episodes in the TV series or down the line.

While the OVAs may spoil a tiny bit, it does help you settle in and understand Chise's background (main character) as well as the world. So watching OVA doesn't hurt, in fact it can help.

Squishy3

I watched the OVAs and felt it does a good introduction, and also raises some questions that the actual series should answer. It spoils some things but leaves plenty of other things unexplained that it won't cheapen the series.

daveo42

Banned
Watching the OVA a few days ago got me more interested and excited for the series. Great introduction to the world, some of the characters, and the tone it seems this series is going for.

The Ancient Magus Bride TV CM

https://youtu.be/cSF6VRus5Ic

This anime is gonna look beautiful. I am really happy this wonderful manga seems to be getting a quality adaptation.

But man I thought it was airing Saturday not Sunday......... I have to wait two more days lol.

Edit: I have heard the song for the Opening of Magus Bride and man is it fantastic. JUNNA is a great singer. Now to wait if the visuals hold up because the song is great.

tumblr_o9d0oiZKzy1sc4nv9o4_400.gif

Some Nobody

Damn I thought it looked great.

The color for me helped create a odd worldly atmosphere.

You thought it looked great because it did. Half the reason you watch NGNL is because it's beautiful.

Sidebar: Who's trashing GoHands for their palette choices? It's one of the things they get right.

Top Bottom