• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Hamlet

Speaking of the ATLA comics, Gene Luen Yang won the Eisner Award for Best Writer today.
Best Writer: Gene Luen Yang, Avatar: The Last Airbender (Dark Horse); The Shadow Hero (First Second)
tumblr_nrb4e1DwWc1tqptqbo1_500.jpg

Bryan also posted some cool Cosplay from SDCC on his tumblr.
I saw a lot of great LOK/ATLA cosplay this year at SDCC, as usual because you guys rule. These are the ones I got snapshots of. Thanks to everyone who put their time, talent, creativity, effort, and resources into ALL the great costumes!

Also hi Korra statue, and eh lol. Those eyes, and wish they did a better pose heh, like the one on the book 3 artbook cover.:p

It doesn't look terrible. I need to see it from the side to better understand the pose. But it definitely needs some work if they're thinking of asking for around $100 for that.

Wanderer5

It doesn't look terrible. I need to see it from the side to better understand the pose. But it definitely needs some work if they're thinking of asking for around $100 for that.

It her pose in the opening of the show basically. Honestly part of the problem to me personally is that we already have Lin in a very similar pose. It just makes it kind of dull now, not to mention Korra has so much nicer poses they could had work with that not all crazy either. Still wish they would have expanded on the book 3 artbook pose heh heh.

It her pose in the opening of the show basically. Honestly part of the problem to me personally is that we already have Lin in a very similar pose. It just makes it kind of dull now, not to mention Korra has so much nicer poses they could had work with that not all crazy either. Still wish they would have expanded on the book 3 artbook pose heh heh.
Her Book 3 blu ray pose is top notch.

Toa TAK

Banned
FUCK YOU NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

When you said "Good News" I thought it was soundtracks. :(

Jacob

Expectations very low for this (if it was a major restoration why not announce it at SDCC?) but it's nice to imagine we might get a fully cleaned up version of the series one day. No faith in Nick though.

Huh. Interesting.

MOTHERFUCKERS. AAAAAAARRRGGGGH.

I'm definitely bummed that a Blu-ray release will probably never happen, but I'll still be picking this up.

I found something on /r/TheLastAirbender that some of you guys (especially the Zuko fans) might appreciate.

A user by the name of philafel21 took a bunch of Zuko's scenes from Avatar: The Last Airbender and edited them together to create Avatar: Prince of the Fire Nation, a three-part "film" that focuses on Zuko's journey.

The whole thing takes about six hours to get through (yeah, it's long). I'm about halfway through the first part. It has some of the flaws you might expect: transitions to scenes from new episodes can be pretty obvious and jarring, and sometimes plot points and characters that were introduced in scenes that weren't included in this edit occasionally feel like awkward additions, but overall, I'm having a good time watching through Zuko's arc in such a condensed form.

If any of you guys are interested in checking this out, here are the download links for each part:

Avatar: Prince of the Fire Nation part 1

Avatar: Prince of the Fire Nation part 2

Avatar: Prince of the Fire Nation part 3

I found something on /r/TheLastAirbender that some of you guys (especially the Zuko fans) might appreciate.

A user by the name of philafel21 took a bunch of Zuko's scenes from Avatar: The Last Airbender and edited them together to create Avatar: Prince of the Fire Nation, a three-part "film" that focuses on Zuko's journey.

The whole thing takes about six hours to get through (yeah, it's long). I'm about halfway through the first part. It has some of the flaws you might expect: transitions to scenes from new episodes can be pretty obvious and jarring, and sometimes plot points and characters that were introduced in scenes that weren't included in this edit occasionally feel like awkward additions, but overall, I'm having a good time watching through Zuko's arc in such a condensed form.

If any of you guys are interested in checking this out, here are the download links for each part:

Avatar: Prince of the Fire Nation part 1

Avatar: Prince of the Fire Nation part 2

Avatar: Prince of the Fire Nation part 3
Zuko is the Athrun Zala of Avatar. It's every bit his show as much as Aang's.

Kuvira needs to stop getting the best fan art damn:

tumblr_nqifutBqrt1qix1c2o1_500.png

http://nikkipet.tumblr.com/post/122431827008/kuvira-week-day-4-dancing-kuviras-first-dance
http://limegreenbunny.tumblr.com/post/123154793530/kuvira-week-fierce-higher-res-version-on
http://hana-designs.tumblr.com/image/123631825682
http://hana-designs.tumblr.com/image/122927448457

Somebody finally did it:
tumblr_nrce4tgpvN1u8szpso1_500.gif

http://sskuvira.tumblr.com/

Hamlet

Pretty cool covers. I hope if it's using a new transfer as the current DVDs can be pretty crummy at times. With this being Nick though, i'm guessing not.

God.

It would be mind blowingly expensive, but redoing the series in HD is something that needs to happen.

it's a travesty. On similar levels as Young Justice getting canned.

Jacob

Bryan showing off the box art(s) for the new series collection on his Tumblr.

:lol @ the line "Now you can say, 'Yes, the one with the blue people!'"

I hope they draw some nice backgrounds. The characters look a bit off, tbh.

I wonder if it's just that Bryan's drawing style has changed over the years. They look a lot closer to the show than the original Book 1 box set. I've never understood what was going on there.

Kinvara

On the fence about that complete series box set, not sure if it would be worth it if it's just the DVDs we already have in a new box.

I'm hoping for some new content and maybe a bit better quality even though they're still DVDs.

On the fence about that complete series box set, not sure if it would be worth it if it's just the DVDs we already have in a new box.

I'm hoping for some new content and maybe a bit better quality even though they're still DVDs.

I doubt the quality will be any different.

Ugh, I can't believe they lost the source so they can't up-res or anything. (that's what happened right)

Pretty much the moment when I lost all kinds of respect for the direction they were taking Kuvira's character.

Not related but Korraku da GOAT tumblr artist right now. Yesssssss
Yeah, but did Hutler turn Dora into an arm cannon for a giant robot? Didn't think so.

Kuvira was a much more benevolent Hitler than Hitler himself.

He could have, he just didn't have a simp to build it for him.

Fuck that Kawaii fan art bullshit, Zuckerman dropped a new track on soundcloud.
Stop insulting your waifu-chan. That's a damn good piece though, I still want him to upload more of his fighting tracks. I love the drums in those. The Book 4 Trailer music is still my favorite out of his SoundCloud music though. It just builds it's tension until it becomes an awesome percussion explosion, there's so much energy in it.

Looks like Zuckerman's still tryna get the OST out there. At least they haven't shut him down completely.

He needs to "accidently lose" a few USB drives or CDs which then make their way online if Nick continues to be so stubborn

edit: that track is amazing

edit2: listening to that track makes me want to watch season one again and pretend seasons 2-4 never happened

Top Bottom