• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aviary Attorney |OT| Caw and Order

3ey2yZ7.jpg

This OT was made in collaboration with Demidar who did the banner and the headings. Thanks dude! He wanted me to mention that the fonts used were TeX Gyre Bonum for the header text and Jellyka Saint-Andrews Queen for miscellaneous text

yKYZebt.png

Developer: Sketchy Logic
Platform: PC, Mac, Linux
Genre: Adventure, Point and Click
Release Date: December 121st, 2015 (THERE WAS A DELAY)
Price: $14.99 with a 15% discount in the first week!
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/384630/
Kickstarter Page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1873107026/aviary-attorney/
System Requirements:
  • OS: Windows 7, 8, or 10, OSX 10.7 and above, Any modern Linux distribution
  • Memory: 2GB
  • Storage: 500mb

vq8JJzD.png

The year is 1848. Paris is on the brink of yet another revolution, and the prisons are overflowing with guilty and innocent alike.

One man stands for justice amid society's chaos. No. One bird…

Play the role of Monsieur Jayjay Falcon, a bird of prey with a good heart and questionable lawyering expertise. Join him and his witty apprentice, Sparrowson, as the two take on clients, interview witnesses, collect evidence, and deliver justice to the guilty.

With art by 19th century caricaturist J. J. Grandville, and music by legendary romantic-era composer Camille Saint-Saëns, this game promises to be a ~swanderful~ experience.

lpBudon.png

Do you like the Ace Attorney series? Well this might tickle your fancy. For those who are not familiar with the AA series should know that this is a courtroom point and click adventure game.

After taking on a client, Falcon finds himself outside of court, where he is free to explore the landmarks of Paris. He does not have much opportunity for sight-seeing though, as there is only a small amount of time before each trial! Making smart choices about where to go, who to talk to, and what to say is vital to uncovering the most evidence in the short amount of time. Inside court, Falcon has to think and act carefully to prove his client's innocence. By scrutinizing testimonies and by presenting evidence at opportune times, Falcon deals blows the witness's credibility and gains favor with the jury. But mistakes can add up, tipping the jury's opinion towards a Guilty verdict.

Even after losing a case, the story continues - albeit, a little darker than before...

TnaRDEe.png

• Four chapters of talon-biting intrigue and suspense.
  • Dozens of colorful characters to meet, interview, and bribe.
  • Did I say bribe? I meant persuade.
  • Real-life landmarks. Knock on the doors of Notre-Dame! Loot the Louvre!
  • Three fully fleshed-out endings. Decisions have consequences!
  • More bird puns than you can shake a feather at.

Pv4qmMt.png

XvBR9RZ.png

Release Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuGJOdyoLo4
Kickstarter Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls1uFUIcEHM
Teaser Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYivUY_msOE

Keasar

This definitely intrigues me. Been itching for some more Ace Attorney games, hopefully this fills that void.

Ramenman

very good title.

I don't think just about anyone can make a quality ace attorney game (with all that this implies) , it's very tricky to get right, but I'll still buy it full price on concept alone, it's totally improbable and oozes charm.

Wow didnt know about the different endings and that trials continue even when you made a wrong choice.
No game over seems super interesting for an ace attorney type of game, as thats something that capcom never tried with the games.

Genio88

I love Phoenix Wright serie, and i played even the last one on 3DS which wasn't as good as the first 3, so i'd be happy to play something similar, but this game... The art style doesn't catch me at all, the game seems a bit too serious and perhaps engaging to play compared to Phoenix Wright, which was almost a visual novel rather than a old point and click adventure with puzzles, enigmas etc( and i loved that "semplicity"), and last but not least birds? why in the hell?

sheaaaa

I love Phoenix Wright serie, and i played even the last one on 3DS which wasn't as good as the first 3, so i'd be happy to play something similar, but this game... The art style doesn't catch me at all, the game seems a bit too serious and perhaps engaging to play compared to Phoenix Wright, which was almost a visual novel rather than a old point and click adventure with puzzles, enigmas etc( and i loved that "semplicity"), and last but not least birds? why in the hell?

The game is filled with birds and other animals and is called Aviary Attorney, and you think it's too serious? Uh...

tomtom94

Oh yeah, they did a Harvey Birdman game a while back didn't they? I should probably play that at some point. Adore the Ace Attorney games.

This definitely is on my radar.

On the last case of Ace Attorney Trial & Tribulations atm. This sounds like a worthy palette cleanser afterwards. Then on to AA5.

Chillz0r

Banned
Looks great!

Still have Life is Strange to complete so im gonna wait for more feedback before jumping in, but definitely keeping on eye on this.

Makonero

Can't wait to play this! I am a backer, so hopefully the keys get out soon. I'm a little nervous about how you can mess up investigations by going to the wrong place-I hope they don't punish you too much or that guessing the right place isn't too hard. But still! Can't wait!

Man so great to see this finally coming out. It's been years since i first saw it and i knew even back then that this would be something special. Congrats to the devs.

addik

Only heard about this after its Kickstarter run, so I didnt get to make a pledge. Excited to hear impressions, here's to hoping that this becomes the next gem!

DrArchon

The art and music here really appeal to me. All I need is some confirmation that the story and writing are even half decent and I'll get it ASAP.

Tizoc

Steam shows it unlocks in 12 hours @_@
Reading on Twitter, seems to be due to a save bug, hope no more issues pop up :X

Top Bottom