• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Awesome" Fan Art |OT2| James can see everything

Emitan

This reminds me, there's apparently a humongous "issue" in the Pony DA community involving human versions of Twilight (or whatever the purple-pink haired one is named) being depicted as a black woman.

Basically imagine the Hunger Games Rue controversy and magnify it by 10X

YOUR INTERPRETATION OF THIS CHARACTER IS WRONGGGGGGG

seriously who cares

This reminds me, there's apparently a humongous "issue" in the Pony DA community involving human versions of Twilight (or whatever the purple-pink haired one is named) being depicted as a black woman.

Basically imagine the Hunger Games Rue controversy and magnify it by 10X

That and sometimes artists will depict Fluttershy (Yellow one with pink hair) as a muslim woman wearing a hijab. People lose their collective shits when that comes up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, Bronies are super-racist oddly enough. The Everfree Convention apparently had people shouting racial epithets and making moves on the pre-pubescent voice actress they had there.

But that doesn't surprise me much, the "Love and Tolerate" mantra is usually what you hear from racists and homophobes when they're defending their right to be a bigot.

Emitan

Yeah, Bronies are super-racist oddly enough. The Everfree Convention apparently had people shouting racial epithets and making moves on the pre-pubescent voice actress they had there.

But that doesn't surprise me much, the "Love and Tolerate" mantra is usually what you hear from racists and homophobes when they're defending their right to be a bigot.

Racists and homophobes "tolerate" those they hate by not killing us or something.

The whole "Love and Tolerate" message was taken from an image that said "I'm going to love and tolerate the shit out of you." Replace the words "love and tolerate" with "rape", and you have the original saying of that particular phrase.

It was used as a troll tactic on 4chan's /co/ in late 2010 to deter haters and mods, how it stuck as a mantra I'll never know.

Orcastar

Yes, let's make sweeping generalizations about the entire fandom based on the actions of a few idiots.

CorvoSol

Guys I reached really deep inside myself and this is what I found:

THE MARVELOUS, MAGNIFICENT, MAD MAD MAD MADAM MIM:

Mim in KH:

"Not Evil":

"Captain Hook's New Friend":

(Sadly, I could not find Madame Mim as a Lion, to complete the trifecta, so I offer "White Magic" instead):

"Things you cannot unsee"(an apt title for this thread):

Bonus: "Disney Bitches":

A couple of phone it in Rule 63's:

I'm so sorry. Let me make it up to you with some decent FFV fan art:

That's kind of pushing it, isn't it?

Okay, Twilight Princess FFV isn't that bad.
NO TOO FAR TOO FAR

tafer

csaj8.jpg

A link to the original artist would be welcome.

Rapstah

T4FBB.jpg

There's a lot of Limp Bizkit fan art, but a lot of it is good or ironic. A disturbing trend is how many people draw the lyrics of "Behind Blue Eyes" over some crying re-drawn character from their favourite franchise and claim it's from Limp Bizkit's song. It's a cover! :(

Couldn't find any interesting pony or Sonic cross-overs either.

Fari

A woman's account of her experiences at the aforementioned pony convention:

sOmcF.png

In the interest of fairness, here's some unpleasant anti-pony art: This is pretty offensive, so I'll link to it.

AutumnAve

I don't know know if this has been discussed or not but, how much of this "fan art" would you reckon is ironic or meant to be an ironic reaction to different internet fan art communities?

Top Bottom