• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back of Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition box revealed, says 130GB total required.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Worth noting - this game is 4K on PS Pro. Which is same version as on standard PS.
Increasing rendering resolution doesn't increase file size unless textures also improve, which is unlikely since PS4 Pro has the same RAM pool as the standard PS4.

Jebusman

Banned
Straight-up irresponsible use of hard drive space.

This generation is seriously out of control in this regard.

No, it's just shit is starting to get massive, and HDDs aren't increasing in size/density fast enough anymore to combat it.

2.5" drives are peaking out around 2TB, so unless Sony/Microsoft plan on transitioning to 3.5" drives, we're going to start seeing this problem a lot more as the generation goes on.

They probably get around Blu ray space issue like like most major games these days. The multiplayer is not on the disc and you have to download it all because it had a different production schedule than the other modes and wasn't planned for the Gold certification.

Gamezone

Gold Member
From their FAQ:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition and Legacy Pro Edition on PlayStation 4. The digital download is redeemed via a voucher code on an insert in the box. The Infinite Warfare game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection is required.

Does Sony even sell a PS4 model bigger than 500gb besides the Pro? Do they really expect the average consumer to have swapped out the drive? That's crazy

Increasing rendering resolution doesn't increase file size unless textures also improve, which is unlikely since PS4 Pro has the same RAM pool as the standard PS4.

It might have higher textures and more assets. I think they said the Pro patch is included on the disc for IW.

But 130GB is fucking huge. that will take me days to download on the shitty Australian internet thats worse then 3rd world countries.

Hopefully digital buyers wont need to install IW to play MW:R just have the licence for it.

Kinyou

Unless the cutscenes are pre-rendered and the video files are in 4k resolution (which would be kind of insane)

Does Sony even sell a PS4 model bigger than 500gb besides the Pro? Do they really expect the average consumer to have swapped out the drive? That's crazy
I have a 1tb version.

"Ultimate Player Edition" in Germany

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's probably both games with all potential DLC – so, up to 130GB.

Of course they do, console manufacturers love putting huge markups on larger HDDs.

But alot of PS4/XBO owners only play 1 or 2 games so even if they are 130 GBs a piece its still not filling up their storage.

Hasnt the 1TB PS4 been standard for a year or so now, or is that just in Australia? I think since the Batman Arkham Knight console all the Australian limited Ed consoles have been 1TB

robotrock

Banned
It's just the way Sony installs downloads. You'll need 2x the space available on your hard drive to download and install anything.

Gamezone

Gold Member
So you have to download the entire remastered, have the disc in at all time, and be connected online? Wow.

breakfuss

Yea this gen is getting out of hand. It's honestly begun to dictate some of my purchasing habits. Ridiculous. PS4 constantly runs out of space (500GB) and I just got an Xbox (1TB) and it's already 60% full lol.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So they are way past 2X the needed disc space but still too cheap to use two fucking discs.
Absolutely shameful practice. How much does an additional disc fucking cost? $2?

breakfuss

It's just the way Sony installs downloads. You'll need 2x the space available on your hard drive to download and install anything.

No I don't believe that's what this is referring to. And I don't think the 2X space requirement is still a thing.

IISANDERII

130 what?

pEyd7le.gif

hwy_61

Banned
Jesus Christ man. Comcast just instituted a 1TB cap in my area too.

Guess I'll have to pay them the extra fifty fucking dollars for unlimited data if these are the download sizes we should expect going forward...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Time to start researching a new HDD for my PS4...

Anyone got tips for the best high-capacity types?

One hundred and thirty fucking gigs!??! What the fuck? Even with two games and the VR minigame that is insane.

Just wait until they start adding on DLC and other patched-in content.

Gamezone

Gold Member
So they are way past 2X the needed disc space but still too cheap to use two fucking discs.
Absolutely shameful practice. How much does an additional disc fucking cost? $2?

I don't think that's the problem. I don't think the OS support multi disc installation.

Gamezone

Gold Member
130GB? Wow, Infinite Warfare must be going to have two discs then?

The remaster is a full download. My bet is that everything that have to do with multiplayer have to be downloaded too. A 80 GB download in addition to the disc wouldn't surprise me. I'm skipping this game if that's true. It's about time Microsoft and Sony start to prevent this. Consoles are not easy anymore.

Bsigg12

The remaster is a full download. My bet is that everything that have to do with multiplayer have to be downloaded too. A 80 GB download in addition to the disc wouldn't surprise me. I'm skipping this game if that's true. It's about time Microsoft and Sony start to prevent this. Consoles are not easy anymore.

It's only going to get worse, especially once games start bringing native 4K textures to the party.

I wonder if these Pro patches are going to be insanely huge.

The Pro versions are using the same assets as the base PS4 but rendering it at a higher resolution. At least that's what Cerny said during the reveal.

Gamezone

Gold Member
It's only going to get worse, especially once games start bringing native 4K textures to the party.

The Pro versions are using the same assets as the base PS4 but rendering it at a higher resolution. At least that's what Cerny said during the reveal.

Time to add multi disc support for this generation.

Top Bottom