• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back of Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition box revealed, says 130GB total required.

130GB? No fucking way.

Im guessing this is the same for PC as well.

Eh, every COD on PC has given you the option of download the different parts of the game separately - campaign, zombies, or multiplayer. I suspect the bulk of the file size in this case are the two campaigns, which personally I may never download (at least not the IW one).

yyr

This takes me right off of the fence and into "Nope!" territory. Too much HDD space to commit. I'm already at < 60GB free with games that I play pretty regularly. Easier to say no to a new game than go through hassle of deciding what to delete and what to keep.

If you're on Xbox One, just plug in an external HDD and you're good to go.

If you're on PS4, consider upgrading the HDD.

Otherwise, you're just going to keep having this problem. The games aren't getting smaller =\

I can see the IW DLC now. Call of Duty: Finite Storage.

If game development is going to have costs continue to balloon like this, we'll have to ditch standard Blu-Ray discs completely. Guess we should start investing more in those 300GB or even 1TB Blu-Ray discs I guess. :v

Gamezone

Gold Member
I think the platform holders has to do something about this. The plug and play days are gone. Now it's insert the disc, and wait for the 80 GB that didn't fit the disc to be downloaded. I'm seriously thinking about leaving consoles and get a PC instead. The downloads are still huge, but there are other benefits.

gossi

I think the platform holders has to do something about this. The plug and play days are gone. Now it's insert the disc, and wait for the 80 GB that didn't fit the disc to be downloaded. I'm seriously thinking about leaving consoles and get a PC instead. The downloads are still huge, but there are other benefits.

If you leave console due to extra downloads for a platform which is only downloads, that doesn't make much sense.

If you're on Xbox One, just plug in an external HDD and you're good to go.

If you're on PS4, consider upgrading the HDD.

Otherwise, you're just going to keep having this problem. The games aren't getting smaller =\

Yeah, an external is almost a necessity now.

I just wish my Internet was up to par (at least 25mb/s, or 50mb/s) and working. It keeps going out.

KingBroly

Banned
If you leave console due to extra downloads for a platform which is only downloads, that doesn't make much sense.

Sony and Microsoft basically punish you nowadays for buying retail. You can't download Day 1 patches prior to release, so while digital owners are playing the game, you're stuck downloading a massive amount of data. If you buy retail, they treat you like a 2nd class citizen despite the overwhelming majority of people doing it.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Sony and Microsoft basically punish you nowadays for buying retail. You can't download Day 1 patches prior to release, so while digital owners are playing the game, you're stuck downloading a massive amount of data. If you buy retail, they treat you like a 2nd class citizen despite the overwhelming majority of people doing it.

Well. Many of us buy physical because we want as less downloads as possible.

Daffy Duck

Well there is a lot of content to be fair:

2 multiplayer games with literally hundreds of hours play time
2 single player campaigns with circa 12-14 hours worth of play time
and a zombies mode with god knows how many hours, probably another 100+

Seems like a good deal in fairness. :p

Gamezone

Gold Member
They actually wrote that the remaster actually is included on the XBO version disc, so that's a bit weird.

Kalentan

Gotta love cod threads on gaf, everyone seems to hate the series but always make time to shit up a thread.

It's obviously not for just 1 game.

Well yeah, it's 39gb of it being MWR.

I got feel the thing taking most of the space for IW is going to have be the pre-rendered cutscenes + language files. That shit takes too much space. Games really should make more languages optional downloads.

I think people said that like 30 gb of the 50 gb Titanfall download was just language stuff.

Kalentan

Guys an update on the digital situation.

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/783742312283250689

For digital owners you don't need to download IW to play MWR. So it's only physical owners. While this doesn't effect me (mainly cause I will play IW), but this is nice for people who maybe just want to play IW SP but MWR MP and thus don't want IW to sit on the HDD.

Seems like digital owners are getting the better deal overall.

Guys an update on the digital situation.

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/783742312283250689

For digital owners you don't need to download IW to play MWR. So it's only physical owners. While this doesn't effect me (mainly cause I will play IW), but this is nice for people who maybe just want to play IW SP but MWR MP and thus don't want IW to sit on the HDD.

Seems like digital owners are getting the better deal overall.
Thank God. There's no reason digital should have the same stipulation since you can't trade in digital games.

Could the game be much smaller on Xbox One because it's structured to work with PS4 Pro?

At least 10GB smaller because of the PSVR mission. We wont know about other stuff without knowing where the 90GB or so from IW comes from, if its textures. 4K Cutscenes or something else.

Nope, nope, nope. I have pretty great Wi-Fi for my area, and this would still probably take days to download. I mean I can deal with large install sizes up to a certain point but this is just insanity.

kuYuri

Reason for size requirements:

What storage space is required for the Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare Legacy, Legacy Pro or Digital Deluxe Edition?

The estimated storage space required for Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered (Legacy, Digital Deluxe, or Legacy Pro) is a combined 130 GB. This is a high-end estimate, which includes both games, any Day 1 updates, as well as the additional Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered multiplayer maps to be released before Dec. 31, 2016.

https://www.callofduty.com/infinitewarfare/legal/faq

kuYuri

Also, here's a useful chart showing the install size increase over time. Keep in mind size varies between platforms, but still good to see at a glance:

kkAnjNc.jpg

Kalentan

Also, here's a useful chart showing the install size increase over time. Keep in mind size varies between platforms, but still good to see at a glance:

kkAnjNc.jpg

Interesting. The Polygon article was updated with this:

The estimated storage space required for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (Legacy, Digital Deluxe, or Legacy Pro) is a combined 130 GB. This is a high-end estimate, which includes both games, any Day 1 updates, as well as the additional Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered multiplayer maps to be released before Dec. 31, 2016.

So it doesn't include the IW DLC but does take into account the MWR dlc (which makes sense since it is just revamped graphically old maps. They probably have a good estimate on how big they will be.)

HDD am cry.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

kkAnjNc.jpg
This is an ok chart but does it take in example the dlc size? I need to check, but I think Black ops 3 is like 89 gigs on my 1tb ps4 with dlc.

Hopefully, games will go all digital next generation. It's about time we leave physical media behind. 800GB downloads for PS5 and 200GB day one patches, baby! I can't wait.

Top Bottom