• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back of Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition box revealed, says 130GB total required.

I don't have fibre now. I only get 12mbps max.

This would take days if not a week yo download factoring fluctuations.

Thank god the Xbox one allows external drives but I am going to pass on this.

I'm not even in a fibre roll out zone yet, Australian broadband 11mbit internet am cry.

Took me 17 hours to download Forza Horizon 3 48GB.

Will probably take me 3 days non stop with everyone in the house still needing to use internet.

Going to steam back up the shit out of this game, as I do with any large download size game.

People on the fence are gonna say no to this now and pray for a standalone release, sad really I wish everyone could share in the day 1 hype.

I will repeat this since I really think it is a given and it will happen: For those only interested in CoD4, wait for the stand alone purchase. It is just a feeling, but I see no reason why a stand alone CoD4 won't be offered for sale after the initial sales window of the new CoD.

JMTHEFOX

How many DVDs is that?

Maybe almost twice as this

cod-aw-pc-2435.jpg

alexbull_uk

Are people really that upset about this?

I have plenty of games on my PS4 that are 60GB - the legacy edition is two full games. What did people expect?

KingBroly

Banned
I'm wondering where the extra 40-60 gigs are coming from if MW:R is 40 gigs and presumably IW is 50 gigs. There's no way they're planning the DLC to take up that much space over time...right?

kuYuri

I'm wondering where the extra 40-60 gigs are coming from if MW:R is 40 gigs and presumably IW is 50 gigs. There's no way they're planning the DLC to take up that much space over time...right?

Would not surprise me. I recently saw Battlefield Hardline on PC took up 130+ GBs when including all the DLC. Mind you it's the PC version, but still.

I just hope there are two separate entries for the two games on Steam (which there probably will be) and that there's no dependence of having one installed to play the other (which there probably won't be, but Activision could decide to be assholes about this).

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Misery loves company. "Day 1 hype" is created by marketing firms and it's usually filled with disappointment

Nah. Day 1 for some games is really an event and a great time.

Halo launches were always fun, and Modern Warfare 2's launch was great as well.

Alienfan

The good thing about games being so huge I suppose, is that physical media will be around for a very long time to come.

Card Boy

Banned
Are people really that upset about this?

I have plenty of games on my PS4 that are 60GB - the legacy edition is two full games. What did people expect?

Not at Acitivision i'm not, but at Sony for not allowing me to expand my space the way Nintendo & Microsoft do with a external hard drive.

Would take me at least a week to download that. So I just put the entire thing on the "never buy"-list and that's that.
That was dishonest of me, I had no intention of buying it anyways, a stand alone MW remake I probably would though

KingBroly

Banned
Would not surprise me. I recently saw Battlefield Hardline on PC took up 130+ GBs when including all the DLC. Mind you it's the PC version, but still.

It's sad that disc drives are basically incapable of reading games fast enough nowadays that you need to download/install all of those files in order to play a game. Terrible.

It's a damn shame that devs don't figure out a way to only keep the sections that you want installed.

Deleting the campaign and keeping a multiplayer client for example.

Would really help people with storage issues. Although that wouldn't help with download file sizes seeing as theu would have to download it all initially.

I will repeat this since I really think it is a given and it will happen: For those only interested in CoD4, wait for the stand alone purchase. It is just a feeling, but I see no reason why a stand alone CoD4 won't be offered for sale after the initial sales window of the new CoD.

I'm interested in both, but from what I'm seeing MWR isn't included in a disc for the PS4 version.

I guess I'm getting IW standalone and MWR sometime down the line.

Akai__

Eh halo 5 is over a hundred gig...this isn't that crazy

Nah, it's 91GB. But that is still way too much. Maps are as big as old gen games nowadays and we probably have lots of uncompressed audio in every suported language, too, because why not...

Plum

I highly, highly doubt that the 130gb is full of useful data everyone will use. Seems developers just can't be bothered with compression or data management in games anymore and just shove that burden on the relatively tiny storage of modern consoles.

No, it's just shit is starting to get massive, and HDDs aren't increasing in size/density fast enough anymore to combat it.

2.5" drives are peaking out around 2TB, so unless Sony/Microsoft plan on transitioning to 3.5" drives, we're going to start seeing this problem a lot more as the generation goes on.
We just have to hold on for another 5 years or so when there's a good chance that SSD's with 10s of terabytes will be available for consumer prices. Plus they'll almost certainly stick to 2.5".

dr_rus

I highly, highly doubt that the 130gb is full of useful data everyone will use. Seems developers just can't be bothered with compression or data management in games anymore and just shove that burden on the relatively tiny storage of modern consoles.

It's just campaign videos in 4K, I don't see any other way of reaching this size on the current generation.

130GB, my god.

I was planning on getting it for PS4, but I never expanded my HDD space, and I already got the 500GBs filled up (and has been filled up for years). 130GB means that I gotta delete a few things. Might switch and decide to go with the XBox One version, dlc 1month delay be damned, since there I got a 2TB drive attached, which makes it my GB-heavy-games machine.

ViciousDS

Banned
It's just campaign videos in 4K, I don't see any other way of reaching this size on the current generation.

fuck.......Pro patches are going to be insane.....the average game is probably going to be close to 90GB or some shit

especially since some of them will introduce even higher res textures, and even more graphical improvement

KingBroly

Banned
We just have to hold on for another 5 years or so when there's a good chance that SSD's with 10s of terabytes will be available for consumer prices. Plus they'll almost certainly stick to 2.5".

It just means devs will take up more space on the HDD. Last gen, games were rarely above 10 gigs, even with all of the DLC on Xbox 360. Now we're getting 60 gigs on Day 1. It's ridiculous. Something has to change. Either discs need more storage, read speeds to need to go up on drives so we don't have to install or something else has to change so this doesn't continue to balloon itself.

dr_rus

fuck.......Pro patches are going to be insane.....the average game is probably going to be close to 90GB or some shit

especially since some of them will introduce even higher res textures, and even more graphical improvement

Pro patches will be several MBs probably and I don't think that there will be any difference in content between old and Pro versions.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
130 what?

pEyd7le.gif

Off topic, but thank you for this. I've been looking for an online Nollywood streaming platform and I can't beat $14.97 USD/year. Paypal'd irokotv.com and watching now!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Nah. Not how that works. Some games will receive texture updates, but for the most part, expect Pro patches to be under a gig, introducing changes that don't take up space (resolution, AA, AF, Effects, shadow resolution, DoF, etc etc)

Top Bottom