• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back of Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition box revealed, says 130GB total required.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Same. Am interested in the IW campaign, but fine with waiting on COD4 for an eventual standalone purchase at $30 or less.

Looks like my HDD will thank me too.

Your wallet won't though..

It's only 20 extra for MWR right now, why wait for a 30$ stand alone? Especially when the install size will be the same?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So damn BIG!!!

6NY

Vic_Viper

Holy Crap 130 gigs!

I like how on Steam they sectioned off the Multiplayer and Single player as 2 separate downloads for some of the older COD. Hope they continue doing that sort of thing and wish more games with big MP modes did it as well.

kevin1025

Banned
It's only going to get worse, especially once games start bringing native 4K textures to the party.

The Pro versions are using the same assets as the base PS4 but rendering it at a higher resolution. At least that's what Cerny said during the reveal.

Ah, didn't know that! I guess the patches just activate it, then, or are already there since it's fairly close to Pro launch.

But yeah, I wonder if the disc has the campaign and multiplayer is a download, kind of like what Master Chief Collection did.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Holy Crap 130 gigs!

I like how on Steam they sectioned off the Multiplayer and Single player as 2 separate downloads for some of the older COD. Hope they continue doing that sort of thing and wish more games with big MP modes did it as well.

They probably added the campaign to the disc. Remaster and multiplayer will have to be downloaded, plus a day one patch.

GoaThief

Having second thoughts about purchasing now as my second PS4 (the one I ironically use most) only has a 500gb drive and it's already full.

BrunoM

Well its 40gbs for mw4 then you're looking at 50 in disk for IW amd the rest is all DL keeping in mind that the game is 4k (ps4 pro "4k") so the download will be bigger but it's the same game on both systems so the download will be that large ..

130gb for 2 games one of them being the pro version seems more or less right ..

Gonna suck downloading it all but it's life lol

Gamezone

Gold Member
Well its 40gbs for mw4 then you're looking at 50 in disk for IW amd the rest is all DL keeping in mind that the game is 4k (ps4 pro "4k") so the download will be bigger but it's the same game on both systems so the download will be that large ..

130gb for 2 games one of them being the pro version seems more or less right ..

Gonna suck downloading it all but it's life lol

What, games won't be having the Pro features on the disc? Should PS4 Pro owners always expect insane downloads?

Kalentan

Doesnt surprise me Black ops 3 is currently eating up like 85GB on my hdd :(

I'm kind of scared for the Gears 4 DLC... That shit is already ~70gb.

But I think I know what's causing the size bloat.

Pre-rendered cutscenes + multiple languages. Assuming the game is dubbed in other languages, that means they need to have pre-rended cutscenes video files for every language.

At least that is how I think it works.

Plus possibly 4k cutscenes.

130GB's? Wow. Even for two games, that huge. Not really surprising. Games are only going to get larger and larger, especially with games becoming more complicated and 4K.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
130GB's? Wow. Even for two games, that huge. Not really surprising. Games are only going to get larger and larger, especially with games becoming more complicated and 4K.

Not that big really.

50-60 for IW and MW
10-20 for Zombies.(which has all unique assets)

Seems spot on to me.

Ruff

130 GO? huh? What does GO stand for in this case?

edit: Nvm didn't realize it was another language.

My 200mb internet laughs but MS only letting me download at a max of 50mb means they laugh harder.

I'm guessing I can just remove IW when I'm done and still play MWR? seeing as I'm going digital.

Kalentan

My 200mb internet laughs but MS only letting me download at a max of 50mb means they laugh harder.

I'm guessing I can just remove IW when I'm done and still play MWR? seeing as I'm going digital.

Eh... If only that was the case. Apparently you still need IW installed even when owned digitally to play MWR.

Why? No fucking clue. I will admit I'm not so much up in arms about the physical side of things but the digital side is kind of bullshit. It's not like someone can contact Sony, Valve, or MS and get IW refunded but keep MWR.

Eh... If only that was the case. Apparently you still need IW installed even when owned digitally to play MWR.

Why? No fucking clue. I will admit I'm not so much up in arms about the physical side of things but the digital side is kind of bullshit. It's not like someone can contact Sony, Valve, or MS and get IW refunded but keep MWR.

Wtf that makes no sense at all, so it works like dlc even when purchased digitally?

Wow they really want us to play IW which is fine but that doesn't give them the right to swallow all my HDD space.

I only ever play a few games at a time so it's no big deal could always buy a 2tb drive for £60.

oh shit now i'm just thinking about paying that extra £10 to get it digitally and not be required to have Infinite Warfare installed at the same time.

Where did this come from? If you purchase it digitally then surely it can read that you own the license to it ?

Kalentan

Wtf that makes no sense at all, so it works like dlc even when purchased digitally?

Wow they really want us to play IW which is fine but that doesn't give them the right to swallow all my HDD space.

I only ever play a few games at a time so it's no big deal could always buy a 2tb drive for £60.

oh shit now i'm just thinking about paying that extra £10 to get it digitally and not be required to have Infinite Warfare installed at the same time.

Well see it's weird.

http://charlieintel.com/2016/10/01/...ite-suggests-iw-disc-might-required-play-mwr/

In this article it says:

"Activision has discussed how it will work for all platforms. For those buying digitally, you will need to download the Infinite Warfare Digital Legacy or Digital Deluxe Edition to get access to Modern Warfare Remastered."

This seems to imply that you can't have 1 without the other... Or does it mean you need to first download IW before you can download MWR but than you don't need to keep both on..? But when you actually go onto the website it only says this:

"PlayStation 4 – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition and Legacy Pro Edition on PlayStation 4. The digital download is redeemed via a voucher code on an insert in the box. The Infinite Warfare game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection is required."

It only refers to the physical version and I could not find anywhere on the support page that says if you bought IW Legacy digital that you need IW installed at the same time.

I should contact Activision support to see what they say. They might clear this up.

Kalentan

91 GB? So what`s on the disc?

So we know from the early access of MWR that it's 39gb. So obviously if it says you need 130gb free... Then that must mean that IW must take up the rest of the 130.

The only thing I can imagine is that the disc only contains 50gb of IW. that however doesn't explain how a little bit of MWR is on the disc of the XBO version...

5taquitos

Breaking news, AAA games are getting bigger, more at 11.

This isn't that crazy, it's two games. Either game being 65 GB wouldn't be news.

Gamezone

Gold Member
So we know from the early access of MWR that it's 39gb. So obviously if it says you need 130gb free... Then that must mean that IW must take up the rest of the 130.

The only thing I can imagine is that the disc only contains 50gb of IW. that however doesn't explain how a little bit of MWR is on the disc of the XBO version...

It`s probably not on the disc, but they probably allow you to download MWR from the disc, without a code. Just my guess. So if MWR is 39 GB, there`s till 91 GB that has to fit on one disc..

Kalentan

It`s probably not on the disc, but they probably allow you to download MWR from the disc, without a code. Just my guess. So if MWR is 39 GB, there`s till 91 GB that has to fit on one disc..

Is it possible they compressed IW to fit onto the disc and then when it installs it uncompresses?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
What's crazy is a 500gig PS4 may have give or take 400gigs of usuable storage out of the box..if this is true with all DLC this game +MWR could use almost half that alone lol.

ss_lemonade

Games are just getting bigger and bigger. I remember seeing my Halo 5 install wanting to eat up 90+gb.

I guess 130gigs means both this and 4 remastered.

Raitaro

The inflation of HDD space is really something isn't it? At this point we can store less games on our 500 gig HDD's than we could game save files on our 4mb memory cards for PSX. Kind of mind blowing.

Chris_C

Worth noting - this game is 4K on PS Pro. Which is same version as on standard PS.

I believe Infinite Warfare uses checkerboard rendering to upscale to 4K, I also don't think that given the PS4K Pro relatively minor bump in memory bandwidth that we're going to see many games (if any) opt to include higher resolution Pro-only 4K textures. I highly doubt that the large file size is because this is a Pro-compatible game. I think it's more likely to do with the fact that these are two very large games plus a VR mission.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I believe Infinite Warfare uses checkerboard rendering to upscale to 4K, I also don't think that given the PS4K Pro relatively minor bump in memory bandwidth that we're going to see many games (if any) opt to include higher resolution Pro-only 4K textures. I highly doubt that the large file size is because this is a Pro-compatible game. I think it's more likely to do with the fact that these are two very large games plus a VR mission.

Are PC games bigger than console games?

Top Bottom