• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future Debut Trailer released

gdt

How much will each episode be? And how long? I don't think I've ever even played a TellTale game...

FoneBone

Quoth Jake from Telltale, over on SA:

Lip syncing will suck less in the game! Actually, I think a rev to the trailer with newer lip sync is going to be released. Not sure if that'll just be the TTG site's version or what, but that lip sync's not final. Same with some shots mysteriously not having shadows. Shadows were busted in the engine's renderer the week people were capturing trailer footage.

Glad people seem into the trailer, though!

MMaRsu

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
No Tom Wilson as Biff makes me very sad. :(

Wtf... why wouldn't he do it?

Coop said:
I dont remember lip syncing being this bad on other TTG.
Blu_LED said:
Wow, the lip syncing is really terrible. Other then that, looks awesome.

Uhm HELLO?

Quoth Jake from Telltale, over on SA:

Quote:
Lip syncing will suck less in the game! Actually, I think a rev to the trailer with newer lip sync is going to be released. Not sure if that'll just be the TTG site's version or what, but that lip sync's not final. Same with some shots mysteriously not having shadows. Shadows were busted in the engine's renderer the week people were capturing trailer footage.

Glad people seem into the trailer, though!

Leatherface said:
How can you guys tell anything at all from that trailer? :lol

Let down total.

GAF! *shakes fist*
DeLorean
Chris Lloyd as Doc Brown
Time Travel
Huey Lewis and the News

Yeah, this trailer basically told me everything I wanted to know about this game. Purchased!

2nlbbrs.png

all over my face

V_Ben

Banned
Kagari said:
Omgggggg the music :O

You know what's even more impressive there? Everything apart from the Huey Lewis song was done in-house by Jared Emmerson Johnson, Telltale's extraordinary maestro. Damn, he can certainly whip up some incredible stuff :O (of course he can also do fantastic arrangements of existing stuff, so I can't wait to see how he arranges the classic tunes... :D)

Loxley said:
Character models = ugly

Animation = bad

Everything else = Awesome :D I'm interested.

The animation is pretty bad .... well not to the standard I was hoping for.
if only the animations were done by Incognito's animators ;)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
V_Ben said:
You know what's even more impressive there? Everything apart from the Huey Lewis song was done in-house by Jared Emmerson Johnson, Telltale's extraordinary maestro. Damn, he can certainly whip up some incredible stuff :O (of course he can also do fantastic arrangements of existing stuff, so I can't wait to see how he arranges the classic tunes... :D)

Nice. I'll probably buy on PSN since I got a free copy on PC.

Leatherface

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
DeLorean
Chris Lloyd as Doc Brown
Time Travel
Huey Lewis and the News

Yeah, this trailer basically told me everything I wanted to know about this game. Purchased!

looks like you have everything covered. Good thing gameplay isn't important. You must be a big fan of all the quality games out there based off movie licenses. /sarcasm

Real talk.

GAF- I love Back to the Future as much as anyone, but before going completely nuts don't you at least want to see some gameplay? I'm thinking this hype train needs to park at a service station for a little while. lol

V_Ben

Banned
aparisi2274 said:
Same here. I have the free PC version from the BTTF Blu Ray, and then I might get the rest of the eps on PSN

Aye. I'll probably grab the PC version later down the line, but I'm going to be playing on PSN. Telltale's console interface in Sam and Max Season 3 was sublime, so I have no problems with going back to that :D

That, and I'll probably end up reviewing it for the site

MMaRsu

Banned
Leatherface said:
looks like you have everything covered. Good thing gameplay isn't important. You must be a big fan of all the quality games out there based off movie licenses. /sarcasm

Real talk.

GAF- I love Back to the Future as much as anyone, but before going completely nuts don't you at least want to see some gameplay? I'm thinking this hype train needs to park at a service station for a little while. lol

I have faith in TTG when it comes to gameplay. I'd buy this shit even if I didn't see any gameplay at all before it goes up.

Ledsen

Leatherface said:

Real talk.

It's a Telltale game, the gameplay is pretty much a given.

Leatherface said:

Real talk.

It's an adventure game from Tell Tale, I kind of know what to expect in terms of gameplay. As long as it hits the right notes in terms of theme I'm interested and the trailer hit the right notes. Any other studio, I'll wait and see but that's not the case here.

Leatherface

Forgive me guys. I'm not super familiar with this dev (I actually had to wiki them lol). I also never played the Sam and Max series, but I know it's well revered by many.

Anyway, I thought this was purely nostalgic hope willing this game to be great. My faith in GAF restored. :p

bon

Leatherface said:

Real talk.

Well, it's an adventure game. It's pretty much a given that gameplay won't be the highlight of the experience.

Loxley said:
Lip-synching = bad

Well, it's Telltale. Animating arms and legs and a body is one thing, but lip sync is incredibly time consuming. If they're going to put a new one of these out every month, that's one of the corners that's going to have to be cut.

Snaku

Banned
I got chills watching that. :lol Got the PC version for free from TT. Will buy the PS3 version as well. Cannot wait to see what they do with Jurassic Park. Rather than a sequel like B2tF, I hope they adapt the original novel using the film's aesthetics. That shit would be mind blowing.

And can someone tell me why the B2tF cartoon isn't on DVD yet?

All I ask is Telltale don't copy and paste the same character model with different skin/facial hair over the entire fucking thing.

I was fucking sick of the fat guy in Monkey Island, noticed he was in At the Inventory too.

Still part1 for free woo.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
No Xbox 360 makes me a saaaaad panda.

So, what kind of game is this anyhow? Point and click adventure (my guess), platformer, action/adventure?

Poyunch

Darkmakaimura said:
No Xbox 360 makes me a saaaaad panda.

So, what kind of game is this anyhow? Point and click adventure (my guess), platformer, action/adventure?
Point and click adventure is what Telltale does best.

Choppasmith said:
Huh, where was this confirmed?
I don't think it has been exactly, but I think most of us assume that if anyone but Christopher Lloyd was participating they'd have said something about it.

Top Bottom