• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baffling The Dark Knight Rises moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the whole Gotham police force go down the sewers to get trapped again? It's like a bad comedy moment and kinda ruined the movie.

The original TDK with an amazing Heath Ledger is one of the best movies I ever seen but TDKR doesn't even come close. I am sorry, but it is almost like going from the original Jurassic Park to Lost World.

Gordon wanted them to find and capture/kill Bane.....oops

The bigger wtf moment is when Batman returns to Gotham and Talia is all what the fuck, and then gets "captured" by Bane, and then is back with the hero group, and then later Bane still doesn't know Batman is back

cackhyena

iM4wcwEXu9yw5.gif

Aurongel

Because it's a horribly flawed film maybe? Now this thread has reminded me of the crushing disappointment of TDKR :(

This thread could use that gif of the Bane cronie slipping on ice though...

Kammie

Why do they all come out from the sewers after months and look like they all just got out of the shower and put on fresh clean uniforms?

Why did the whole Gotham police force go down the sewers to get trapped again? It's like a bad comedy moment and kinda ruined the movie.

The original TDK with an amazing Heath Ledger is one of the best movies I ever seen but TDKR doesn't even come close. I am sorry, but it is almost like going from the original Jurassic Park to Lost World.

Everyone probably wasn't down there.

But the ones that were left topside were hunted down and killed.

Instead of always making threads about how the Nolan films suck. Someone should make a thread on how freaking amazing Batman Begins is.

Its a great movie up until Batman being entrapped.
One question; why does Batman actually only realise Bane has a weakness stuck on the front of his face? He deserved to lose that first fight for being a fucking idiot.

First half is great.
Second half is a mess.

Instead of always making threads about how the Nolan films suck. Someone should make a thread on how freaking amazing Batman Begins is.

Its a dreadful film and just more evidence of which Nolan is the talented one.

kehs

Banned
Most baffling moment is that nobody thought of using the rope the climbed up with to lasso over the gap.

BadAss2961

It's an action movie, dude. The cops wanted Bane bad, and for good reason. The guy was only capable of nearly destroying the whole city.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Lost World gets too much hate. Remove Malcom's daugther and it's pretty good.

It doesn't get nearly enough hate, and here are 91 reasons why. Truly awful movie, and #3 on my list of Godawful Sequels To Great Movies behind Ghostbusters 2 and The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions.

Malcolm's daughter barely even enters into it, really. There's not a single sequence in the film that makes sense or was fully thought through. Most glaring, how/why did the T-Rex escape on the ship, kill everyone including people in areas too small for her to actually reach without tearing apart, and then politely lock herself back in the cargo hold?

The answer is extremely simple, it's not a particularly well written movie.

"Movie logic" is just a shortcut really that seemingly can be applied to every movie. The thing is, it should only apply to movies that aren't filled with big problems. Suspension of disbelief is great and it worked wonders in TDK, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that TDKR isn't simply another summer comic book movie blockbuster that has a huge budget but is still a sub par experience.

Log4Girlz

I was literally confused about that whole stock exchange kidnapping thing. First, Batman pursues aggressively with no regard for their safety. Then, it turns to night in like what, 2 minutes? The fuck?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Why did Talia go through this huge, convoluted, multi-year, billions of dollar plan to blow up Gotham when she could have got a dirty bomb and done the job for infinitely less money and in the matter of a couple days?

Log4Girlz

Why did Talia go through this huge, convoluted, multi-year, billions of dollar plan to blow up Gotham when she could have got a dirty bomb and done the job for infinitely less money and in the matter of a couple days?

Dirty bomb? Dude they had the sewers...they just needed dynamite.

She wanted to hurt Bruce Wayne, he was supposed to be off in that prison watching Gotham destroy itself and then get nuked, his body and soul would be broken and his failure complete

Satchel

Banned
How did Bruce make his way from a deep well in the middle of what, Turkey? To Gotham, without any money or a passport?

BadAss2961

why did Bale get killed so anti-climactically? Why by Catwoman? Why was Catwoman in the movie?
Bruce, or Batman? Bruce could've been one of the many rich people killed during the takeover. Batman went out saving Gotham.

Catwoman was in the movie because she's Catwoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom