• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAFTA Game Awards 2023

Duchess

Game of the Year: Vampire Survivors

EE Game of the Year: God of War Ragnarök (public vote)

Barakov

Gold Member
Game of the Year: Vampire Survivors

EE Game of the Year: God of War Ragnarök (public vote)

Eh, sure.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Where did you get that idea? Not liking something makes you angry?
Dont worry I will be judge of that!!!
xTiTnpzFk6Hmy72bIc.gif

I'm sorry the result is not good...
A60926945FEFACCC231F463F39936CCFAF8E44AC

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Pretty cool to see Vampire Survivors take it, it was definitely a top contender for me. Such a surprisingly great and addictive game!

Jinzo Prime

Damn, Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, and Sonic Frontiers didn't even get nominated for Best Music. Guess if it doesn't follow Western tradition or Jazz, it isn't music!

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Lmao at angrbora best performance.

I was gonna say it but yeah we all know why she won over fucking Freya or Sindri lmfao. Like I said joke awards. Indies can win goty thats fine but not when they are just gimmicky afk types of games compared to games that put effort in story, audio, design, etc. or even over indies that put a ton of effort in those said things, like cmon. If popularity wins why not just give it to fifa then? Fucking trash.

GymWolf

Like the salty comments.

BAFTA still has the best process imo out of all of the awards.
What is the process behind angrboda winning the award over way better voice actors with harder, more nuanced roles to act in the same game?

Best process my filthy ass, we all know why she won...

Last edited:

reksveks

What is the process behind angrboda winning the award over way better voice actors (with harder, more nuanced roles to act in the same game?
Do you know how the Bafta process works?

Best process my filthy ass, we all know why she won...
No you assume why? Just like someone here assumed that Everything Everywhere All at One won Best Picture cause of the cast.

Also people have subjective opinions on performances/reviews and it's not really that important. I also didn't say that the process makes the Bafta any more important or always correct.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Do you know how the Bafta process works?

No you assume why? Just like someone here assumed that Everything Everywhere All at One won Best Picture cause of the cast.

Also people have subjective opinions on performances/reviews and it's not really that important.
I can tell what was their process when they chose one of the most unremarkable voice performances in the game over thor, odin, freya or sindri.

If their process was the best process, she would have never won, you know it, i know it, let's be real here...

reksveks

I can tell what was their process when they chose one of the most unremarkable voice performances in the game over thor, odin, freya or sindri.

If their process was the best process, she would have never won, you know it, i know it, let's be real here...
So I am going to imply that no, you don't.

And you are just assuming the juries conversation, that's fine. Let's leave it there.

For others who are interested in the BAFTA games awards process

https://awards.bafta.org/sites/default/files/images/bafta_games_awards_rulebook_2023.pdf.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

reksveks

Can't be bothered re-arguing the fact that reviews of games/performances are subjective.

Feel free to continue with your POV that everything can be objectively analysed.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Can't be bothered re-arguing the fact that reviews of games/performances are subjective.

Feel free to continue with your POV that everything can be objectively analysed.

So youre saying the bafta awards are subjective instead of being objective as any award should be? Which means its hugely flawed and any half-assed game/performer can win as long as they have social points or are a minority? Thank you for proving us why the awards are, as I said, a joke.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
One of these award shows should give Mario Kart 8 a life time achievement award. It’s basically a senior citizen video game that’s still charting.

reksveks

So youre saying the bafta awards are subjective instead of being objective as any award should be? Which means its hugely flawed and any half-assed game/performer can win as long as they have social points or are a minority? Thank you for proving us why the awards are, as I said, a joke.

I am saying that all awards and reviews are subjective (especially true when it comes to media criticism) and that to some people is a part of the value of them. I don't know how this is new information but underlining this to hopefully make it make sense.

You just assume that if X didn't win or X did win, it was for Y reasons, feel free to do that.

You guys and your weird culture wars.

Last edited:

Roberts

Vampire Survivors wasn't my GOTY (It was Grounded - it so sad that it being on EA for two years robbed it of any chance to win awards), but it was definitely top5. Probably the most instantly addictive game I have played in forever and that's what counts, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Vampire Survivors wasn't my GOTY (It was Grounded - it so sad that it being on EA for two years robbed it of any chance to win awards), but it was definitely top5. Probably the most instantly addictive game I have played in forever and that's what counts, doesn't it?
Vampire survivor was some of the most fun I had last year to be honest. Good job on the developers proving gameplay over graphics any day.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
No tastes in game confirmed
Vampire survivors better than the rest? Only an idiot would agree with that and I liked the game and barely liked ER. You also have no idea why I called it a joke since u didnt bother reading the rest of the replies in here.

Top Bottom