• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 for the Xbox isnt ruled out

Draugoth

Gold Member
Baldurs-Gate-3-1280x720.jpg

Update: Xbox Series version in the works, but held back by technical issues

Following the announcement that Baldur’s Gate 3 will be released for PS5 as well as PC, Larian Studios hasn’t ruled out the game coming to Xbox too.

“Right now Larian is planning to release Baldur’s Gate 3 for PC, Mac, GeForce NOW, and PS5,” a spokesperson told Push Square. “That said, they don’t have exclusivity and will announce support for additional platforms if and when they’re ready.”

While it wasn’t explicit what he was referring to, Larian CEO Swen Vincke also tweeted several hours after the initial announcement:

Relax. We still aren’t playing the exclusivity game.

Last edited:
Before Sony fans get carried away, it will most definitely come to Xbox :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If Mac is getting a release then this game will be on every platform under the sun. Divinity OS2 runs on PC, PS, Xbox, Switch, iPadOS. The first game even got a Linux release lol.

The game isn't even out of Early Access yet and no doubt Sony splashed some money to get the attention on them. We'll probably start getting more platform info later this year when it's out of Early Access.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Although i really dont think their games should be played on consoles, it would be great for everyone to have access to them.

They make some of the best games ever created in that genre.

The business side of me also believe thats sony should buy them since they lost a ton of WRPG's to MS and Bethesda

Although i really dont think their games should be played on consoles, it would be great for everyone to have access to them.

They make some of the best games ever created in that genre.

The business side of me also believe thats sony should buy them since they lost a ton of WRPG's to MS and Bethesda
I'm a PC gamer but why shouldn't they be played on consoles?

Divinity Original Sin 2 can be played on an iPad. As long as the control scheme can be changed and not affect anything too seriously then why not bring it over to consoles/tablets? The more people able to buy it then all the better.

Last edited:

tmlDan

I'm a PC gamer but why shouldn't they be played on consoles?

Divinity Original Sin 2 can be played on an iPad. As long as the control scheme can be changed and not affect anything too seriously then why not bring it over to consoles/tablets? The more people able to buy it then all the better.
Not that they shouldn't I just find the style of game is easier to play on PC.

Of course, its definitely playable on consoles

That's the price you pay when people don't buy games. Thanks for the gamepass, Phil.
You do know this game could also come to Switch, iPad, and Linux.... right?

Get your fanboy shit outta here. You don't have gamepass on any of those platforms.
Not that they shouldn't I just find the style of game is easier to play on PC.

Of course, its definitely playable on consoles
totally agree. best played with a keyboard and mouse.

kaizenkko

You do know this game could also come to Switch, iPad, and Linux.... right?

Get your fanboy shit outta here. You don't have gamepass on any of those platforms.
Games sales on Xbox are extremely low, even more for some niche games like this. This is a fact. Gamepass is a good service, but it has created a culture of not buying games, whether you like it or not, that's the true. And I don't see Switch and other platforms owners complaining about a supposed exclusivity (which doesn't even exist).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Larian will port this to everything like they always do. If you wanna subject yourself to playing this on a controller you will have the opportunity to.

GreyHand23

Don’t understand the gatekeeping in here with regards to PC vs Console. Just played through Divinity Original Sin 2 with my buddy on PS5 and it worked really well. The only real limitation in our eyes was the hot bar doesn’t hold as many abilities as the PC version forcing you to switch between hot bars more often.

Kacho

Don’t understand the gatekeeping in here with regards to PC vs Console. Just played through Divinity Original Sin 2 with my buddy on PS5 and it worked really well. The only real limitation in our eyes was the hot bar doesn’t hold as many abilities as the PC version forcing you to switch between hot bars more often.
Stating the obvious isn't gatekeeping and doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed elsewhere.

Mr Moose

It’ll be coming to Xbox day and date. It was a PlayStation event so they only showed the logo for that. Just like RE4 Remake.

A note on Baldur's Gate 3 for Xbox​

Hey all,
Thanks for all the hype and enthusiasm following yesterday’s announcement that Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming to PS5 day and date with PC on August 31st!
Xbox players, we’ve seen your questions about if/when you can expect Baldur’s Gate 3 on Xbox. We’ve had an Xbox version of Baldur’s Gate 3 in the works for some time, but we have run into some technical issues – particularly with split-screen co-op. We are still working on an Xbox version of BG3, but we’re not yet confident enough to announce it. We don’t like announcing anything until we’re ready, because we don’t want to get peoples hopes up until we’re sure we can deliver.
There’s no platform exclusivity preventing us from releasing BG3 on Xbox day and date, should that be a technical possibility. If and when we do announce further platforms, we want to make sure each version lives up to our standards & expectations. Thanks for understanding!

Last edited:

cireza

You can't split a single pixel. And that's what happens when you have to reduce resolution drastically to meet Series S constraints. Hopefully developers will find a way to reach at least 2 pixels. Or 4, if this is a 4 players game.

PS : this is a joke post, don't ban me.

Last edited:

Fitzchiv

Not sure I give a shit either way. Last I heard about this game they had a Level 34 Clay Golem side quest that involved gender re-assignment surgery (at a potters workshop) and the option to change clay pigment.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I haven't seen anything that really makes me excited for this yet. I got Divinity 1 and still haven't ever tried it. If this is a $70 game, they'd have a ways to sell me on it anyway. Guess I'll see how reviews are.

kaizenkko

Baldurs Gate III is listed on Steam as using DirectX 11. It’s much more work to port the game over to PS5 than it would be to update to DX12 and branch off a Series X version. Microsoft has tools that do just that. Seems like Sony has money hatted another console ‘exclusive’.
That's not true and even if it were, it's not the only thing that matters. They need to consider the market and number of possible potential buyers. Until yesterday nobody cared about this game, then today suddenly a herd of Xbox fans started complaining that the game won't be on Xbox. It's clearly not about interest in the title...

anthraticus

Banned
Not sure I give a shit either way. Last I heard about this game they had a Level 34 Clay Golem side quest that involved gender re-assignment surgery (at a potters workshop) and the option to change clay pigment.
Keep it old school ™

Colony Ship should be good though and devoid of any SJW shit

Top Bottom